đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Everything Wrong With ARTPOP (feat. mrmeela)

teawhore

Featured Posts

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
teawhore
5 minutes ago, MarlonBrando7 said:

this masterpiece deserves a place in the album btw

YES YES YES

♡ nyc ♡

highongaga
2 hours ago, Leeo said:

the thing is the title. "ARTPOP" was never really meant to... be just an "conceptual masterpiece showcasing the power of art".

The thing went out of control and I don't wanna make it too long but let's try to show my vision over it.

During 2012, many times gaga expressed how ARTPOP would be a dance record, a Fun record, and it lacked "maturity" that was present on BTW. What it all means? She just wanted to create new "lighter" songs that would work on radio.

The vision for "ARTPOP" with "Putting ART infront of POP" worked with Applause. Why?

Visuals.

When you hear applause today, you cannot hear and not thing about the "Pierrot-Esque-MakeUp". You can't forget the video. The VMA performance.... ARTPOP. Putting art infront of pop. Putting the VISUALS into the Music.

We can see it was following nicely actually. Venus, the original second single. EVERYONE WOULD REMEMBER THE GODDAM SEASHELL BIKINI AND LARGE WIG. It was about creating something for every song. That's why Gaga wanted to create music videos "for every track".

Also it followed with other trends for "art" like Technology. The app was something "Brand New" that was meant to be groundbreaking. Music releases, real-time interactions... that was a new contact between public and the artist.

The songs on the album all someway fits with ART if you just take a deeper look. Sex always been part of art. Money\Opulence (Jewels n Drugs) always been a theme. Loneliness always been inspiration for art. Feminism. Drugs.... 

In the end, it was supposed to be a good hybrid (CAN STAND THESE THINGS My heart can beat with Bricks & strings :hor:)

ARTPOP died as a whole right after DWUW, which we waited for months and nothing happened. Forever more when people talk about the song inside this fan base, there will be the "bittersweet" taste of missing... the video. But that's another subject....

THIS :golfclap:

YEAHHH BUDDY

teawhore
Just now, highongaga said:

THIS :golfclap:

oh i didn't read that

yeah, i completely agree

DWUW kind of doomed it's art aspect

♡ nyc ♡

teawhore

and i'll repeat this again

im not trying to slander ARTPOP

that's an album i love

♡ nyc ♡

misunderstood

I understand what you mean! I love ARTPOP still and it's still my second fave album but I totally understand what you mean.

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Solitaiire

Wow, i really do feel the same way. While I like ARTPOP I feel like it's just a bunch of songs shoved in a rushed album

vinster13
1 minute ago, teawhore said:

interested to hear your thoughts

well, AP is my FaVE gaga album, I just think the whole thing was that timing was off. GP wasn't into it. also promo was a mess

vinster13
Just now, Solitaiire said:

Wow, i really do feel the same way. While I like ARTPOP I feel like it's just a bunch of songs shoved in a rushed album

this is where I disagree. I was too overtimed. If she started mid 2012 instead of right after BTW, gaga wouldn't overthink and overproduce. That includes songs and era as a whole

teawhore
1 minute ago, seXXX dreams said:

this is where I disagree. I was too overtimed. If she started mid 2012 instead of right after BTW, gaga wouldn't overthink and overproduce. That includes songs and era as a whole

yeah, ARTPOP deserves recognition as an era to remember, but it could;ve had more

♡ nyc ♡

Archived