đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Everything Wrong With ARTPOP (feat. mrmeela)

teawhore

Featured Posts

teawhore
58 minutes ago, HYPODERMIC0 said:

Gurl, you got it all wrong. 

could you let me in on your opinion? :oprah:

♡ nyc ♡

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LittleMonster20

ARTPOP is not flawed in any way.It's good the way it is❤️

And yeah,you can make fun of me and my opinion I don't care.

Naor Daniel

Songs that should've been toned down -

G.U.Y

Aura

Venus

Mary Jane Holland

Songs that should've not been on the album -

Dope

Donatella

Jewels & Drugs

With the addition of Brooklyn Bridge and great songs like DWUW and Applause, the album could be well acclaimed.

I think most of the songs on the album are just TOO MUCH for the ear

JohnnyVersace

But tbh ARTPOP wasn't all about "experimental" music. It was about bringing ART into POP, through visuals, references, performance art, fashion, etc. 

Living in NYC, art is a huge part of the culture. There are constantly new openings, lines to see Kusama's current showing, new galleries, parties, installations, fashion x art events, etc. I'm sure this was a large part of Gaga's time here as an artsy kid, and I always felt like ARTPOP was her representation of that. She channeled the high-brow artist she never was, and incorporated it into her mainstream pop music. 

I think she was largely attempting to also educate her fanbase. Most fans probably weren't too educated on artists like Koons, Maria Abromovic, or Robert Wilson. Koons has largely been dubbed a modern day Warhol, who collaborates with big brands and is largely commercial, so tbh it's kind of ridiculous some of us didn't know him. 

The songs you mentioned honestly have nothing to do with art, and I believe that was her intention. DWUW is about her lack of control. Gyspsy is about her changing love life with Taylor. Dope is about her substance abuse and regret. The only songs that remotely reference art are Applause and ARTPOP. The album isn't about an artistic, high-brow narrative that sonically pushes boundaries ala Bjork, it's about giving Gaga's personal struggles, downfalls and achievements unique imagery through high-brow art. None of the songs lyrically push boundaries, it's the imagery and delivery of the music that is the art. 

ARTPOP is such an underrated era, and an era that so much of this fanbase **** on for years. It was wild, upbeat, angry, rebellious and beautiful all at once and I ****ing loved it. 

The great thing about Gaga is that she constantly evolves, and while one era might not be perfect for one fan, it is for another, and the next one will be a completely different journey. 

giphy.gif

Flaviator

Hey don't u dare say ARTPOP has flaws cuz it doesn't honey. ARTPOP is amazing and I love every second of it. ARTPOP is my soul, so don't u dare say it has flaws. ARTPOP is my fave album ever and I love it with all my heart. I actually wanna marry ARTPOP!

9 minutes ago, Flaviator said:

Hey don't u dare say ARTPOP has flaws cuz it doesn't honey. ARTPOP is amazing and I love every second of it. ARTPOP is my soul, so don't u dare say it has flaws. ARTPOP is my fave album ever and I love it with all my heart. I actually wanna marry ARTPOP!

Yasss! Ur right!!!!

For everyone who's saying that the album was/is too loud: ARTPOP was a celebration of Born This Way.

When you celebrate something, I'm sure you're not acting like you're on the funereal or something? Obviously it was meant to have explosion of sounds, it was meant to be "too loud".

I also think JnD shouldn't be on the album, but again, it seems to me like ARTPOP was meant to be something like "different genres in one" thing, which was accomplished. As for the personal taste, I HATE "Fashion!" (it's the only song on the album that I truly hate and always skip).

Like what you Sea?

hausofbrice
16 hours ago, teawhore said:

also princess die, brooklyn nights

slayy

those tracks would've been so good

16 hours ago, teawhore said:

yeah, ARTPOP deserves recognition as an era to remember, but it could've had more

I think that ARTPOP was too good for it's time

and extending the era any longer would've damaged her career so much

xoxo, brice ♡

hausofbrice
11 hours ago, Helxig said:

I think what people are missing with ARTPOP, is that the concept was to show people her diversity while still remaining within the pop sphere.

yeah she just wanted to show that pop doesn't have to be basic to be good

15 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

ARTPOP the album is like the album cover, like the experience itself. Chopped up, dissected, stitched together, inverted. It all makes sense. But only in a meta kind of way.

yasss this is so true

xoxo, brice ♡

hausofbrice
5 hours ago, Naor Daniel said:

Songs that should've not been on the album -

Dope

Donatella

Jewels & Drugs

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Merman said:

When you celebrate something, I'm sure you're not acting like you're on the funereal or something? Obviously it was meant to have explosion of sounds, it was meant to be "too loud".

yeah it was meant to be full on and passionate and extreme 

------

Spoiler

sidenote: sorry for 3 posts in a row but my when i tried to make a thread with quotes i had to do it page by page cause my reply box would just become empty when i went to the next page :emma: idk maybe im just messy

xoxo, brice ♡

Archived