'DWAS' MUSIC VIDEO OUT NOW
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Gaga’s Public Image

Hyperballad

Featured Posts

Andrew2512
9 hours ago, WildAmerican said:

It's pretty good. She needs a WW hit real bad, or like an Oscar for ASIB or else her legend status is in jeopardy, unfortunately.

I could write a lot on this but I think the Joanne era really needed to happen in the arc of her career. Hopefully next era is like disco/pop (like Daft Punk-y) and it has to be well organized. The reason Taylor is already a legend is cause she's organized and has wide appeal. Gaga's team is not always organized, and it pains me to say that if they keep being messy with single releases and videos, then maybe she doesn't deserve to be remembered in the same way as Taylor.

I like Taylor but if she was stuck in the mess of ARTPOP era unlike Gaga she would've vanished , Gaga rebuild her image.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Andrew2512

I think the GP are here for her again. GP was tired of her and stans of other big names were dying of jealousy when Gaga stole all their thrones between 2008-2012 and then ARTPOP and it's messy era happened and all those negative people tried to destroy her career. Thing is she's GAGA she rebound just 1 year after ARTPOP with C2C , Grammy , Oscar and AHS so GP was really there for her massive comeback but Perfect Illusion happened :awkney:  We love the song but single for GP ! But after Million Reasons, stripped down Joanne and it's tour , the documentary and Super Bowl, GP is here for her again. So if she dropped a mega pop hit like her older hits I think we will have an incredible successful era. If she dropped Perfect Illusion, ARTPOP or any mess like that then I'm really worried about her career. Not many chances by the GP and they gave her two .

Lord Temptation

The public respects her on so many levels but they think she’s too good to be wasting her talent on the fickle world of pop music. 

RochestrMonstr
25 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

The public respects her on so many levels but they think she’s too good to be wasting her talent on the fickle world of pop music. 

Thank You! Yes! 

I feel like the only people who are concerned about her image at this point are the people who want her to follow trends and focus on charts. 

She's made it quite clear that she isn't going anywhere, regardless of how her pop music charts (Which isn't even bad. She's had a top 20 hit in most markets within the past year) 

Edit: Also, i'm convinced that anyone who thinks Gaga was in a "good place" with the GP in late 2011/early 2012 was not a fan at that point, or at least doesn't remember it correctly.  She has never been more overexposed than the late BTW era, and I hope she never is again.  

Definitely for the better.

In 2014 she was this weirdo pop performer who kept flopping because she was insanely weird, on top of being an LBTQ promoter.

C2C and Joanne did wonders for her. It gave her more respect for different age groups. Oldies, and the mid agers, as well as her old teen fans who are now in their 20's. It really cleaned up her image and made people realize she is an amazing performer and vocalist, instead of just a gimmick or a provocateur. 

Everyone and I mean everyone, still knows who lady gaga is.... It's just that we have our own little opinions on her and her music.

ApplauseftAdele

IMO Gaga has reached P!nk (maybe even Christina, Britney, Madonna) status - everyone respects her, and they know her songs, and they are aware of her talent. They don't view Gaga as negatively anymore but she also isn't in the media spotlight, people kind of just remember her 2009-10 days but  they know shes toned herself down and she's not the hottest name in pop or media anymore.

However, unlike the other 4 Gaga has had a fairly short career, and she is still young enough to attract attention if she just releases a banger. She also needs to look more sexualized to get the GP again because lets admit it, sex sells, which is why older artists tend to lose the attention of the younger GP.

Okinawa

6 hours ago, giskardsb said:

I was struck again in my seats in Houston by the diversity of Gaga’s fan base. What’s cool is she draws from everyone, and is obviously pulling from a more adult oriented fanbase. While Katy and Taylor keep working for that preteen base, Gaga is not afraid of growing up.  She’s a better artist because if it even if it hurts her on radio. 

I also appreciate that she is doing what she likes regardless of mainstream appeal. While I think some of Katys' songs are great, you're right that Katy incorporates lots of themes (like candies or animals) that cater to a teen or preteen audience, wheareas Gaga is much more mature.

I think Gaga was already more like an adult than a teen when she was 16 and her music is timeless. I think she would have a great chance to score in the 20-50 years old fanbase but the problem is that 40-50 year olds prefer "their old hit songs from the 80s" and won't give newer artists, neither Gaga, chance.

~We are Reel Cool~

From what I can tell, she's considered dead in Germany :selena:

Do What U Want was the last big splash of her :selena:

She could at least try to promote something here tbh :selena:

MadeInManu
10 hours ago, M Monstre said:

I believe that people will come back due to the nostalgia. They'll be like, "Oh my gosh, I remember listening to 'this type' of Gaga music back in middle/high school!" 

I'm waiting for this :pray:

WildAmerican
7 hours ago, Andrew2512 said:

I like Taylor but if she was stuck in the mess of ARTPOP era unlike Gaga she would've vanished , Gaga rebuild her image.

Taylor wouldn't get herself in the ARTPOP mess in the first place. That's objectively true, and everyone knows it.

bumblebee

In my opinion, her 2015-2017 endeavors produced two consequences:

1. they made her public image rebound from the odd perception of late 2013 - first half of 2014;

2. they helped to expose her songwriting and vocal talents to broader audience. 

She is more appreciated as a talented entertainer and a dear touring sight, but Joanne is not the exact sort of music that would attract the urban audience and the younger generation. 

BlingNotTheMusic

I think all of this (SB, 5F2, etc) was planned as a image redo after the mess of an era ARTPOP was (I love AP but she tweeted some weird things, did weird interviews, etc)

anyways, now I think the GP is primed for new Gaga music that will be more similar to what she has made before (fun, dance music) and will hopefully push her back to mainstream success. 

After watching 5F2, I realized that Gaga really doesn’t want to be the biggest popstar in the world anymore. She would if the impact of fame didn’t come along with it, but she just wants to make music and tour for her fans, regardless of how successful her songs are. 

The problem is she will have trouble maintaining her legacy if she doesn’t have an album soon that has similar success to her previous ones (and I’m talking about radio success not necessarily units sold; she needs a lot of people not just Monsters to like her music again)

https://discord.gg/hausofdelulu

Honestly there are only two choices for gaga to make public remember her song and presence again:

first, She has to sing and create a world cup anthem, as world cup is started in 2018. I somehow believe that #2018radioisours is related to this. It will even be better if she can collaborate with Shakira. World cup anthem is bigger than superbowl to gain viewers from outside of U.S. It also will help is she can create another song with latin vibes on it (which I doubt, since 2018 world cup will be in Russia). I believe this is a must thing to do if she does not want to be fade.

second, She must find her listener, If she aims the casual and mid to older age listener, she need to collaborate with a famous vocalist (Adele, Celine) and start writing a ballad album. If she aims the younger listener, then she needs to start follow the mainstream music (tropical edm) and start collaborate with Selena or Demi or even JB (Which is bad for her respect but good for streaming). At this rate, there are no possible way to combine those two listener together.

Gaga is already a legend, but she needs to publicize her image again, so her music can reach more people. @Boris I know music not the bling, but music should be reach to anyone, even the one that live without internet (unfortunately, Despacito did that). This is challenge for gaga to make enjoyable music yet still be respectable. Team can help her through radio and stuff above.

Runway
1 hour ago, WildAmerican said:

Taylor wouldn't get herself in the ARTPOP mess in the first place. That's objectively true, and everyone knows it.

Taylor can’t even admit shes a republican, much less create something remotely as risky as ARTPOP :toofunny: 

Archived