Katy's career: I am my hair~

SmoggyDifferentCob-max-1mb.gif

angels forever, forever angels

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Irrelevant
16 minutes ago, Solitaiire said:

I'm honestly hoping she moves on already and makes a pop album fast if she wants her career to last.

she just made a pop album sis

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Solitaiire
1 minute ago, Irrelevant said:

she just made a pop album sis

I mean like a pure pop album. This album has a lot of electronic influences.

The House
1 minute ago, TheShameMonster said:

Katy's career: I am my hair~

SmoggyDifferentCob-max-1mb.gif

She was tho. She looked like a goddess and now she's a sad lesbian. Straight girls and boys don't like it and it's obvious. 

slideshow-katy-perry-31-main.jpgKaty-Perry-NARM-Music-Biz-Awards-2012.jp

katy-perry-hair-2017-today-170207-tease_6ec7ecbd04d2731cbe0d22badc6f0972.jpg

women-models-celebrities-black-hair-necklaces-earrings-katy-perry.jpg

vs. 

636350223370388958-AFP-AFP-Q92SY.jpg

32016-image_590754034175a.jpg

They said, "No ma'am". It's sad and frivolous, but true. 

Aga Gydal

I figured a Gaga fan of all people would be sympathetic to a pop star no longer dominating. 

This industry is no longer built for consistent performance. The public gets bored, and pop radio is much more keen on developing new acts than depending on high profile pop stars. Witness was just another casualty of the times. Nevermind the fact that the music was subpar, but that didn’t stop her before. 

Solitaiire
2 minutes ago, Aga Gydal said:

I figured a Gaga fan of all people would be sympathetic to a pop star no longer dominating. 

Well, you are on a Gaga forum...

7 minutes ago, Aga Gydal said:

This industry is no longer built for consistent performance. The public gets bored, and pop radio is much more keen on developing new acts than depending on high profile pop stars. Witness was just another casualty of the times. Nevermind the fact that the music was subpar, but that didn’t stop her before. 

I see Gaga as more of a pop phenomenon than a basic pop star though. Katy is literally a product of the industry. There is very little thought or conviction in what she does. At least for Gaga, she really fights to bring her visions to life and is not afraid to break boundaries and say f**k it, I don't care what people think of me. Katy just tries way too hard to get that GP praise. 

angels forever, forever angels

Battle 4 Ur Life

dude...the girl wanted to do something different and that's what she did.

people just didn't buy it. LITERALLY.

and don't give me the same old "ohhh but she's still commercial and wanted to hit and used famous producers and blablabla" bs. the single proof for me is that I was never really here for Katy (even tho I never disliked her) and this was the first album of hers I actually invested the time to hear from start to finish because I knew it'd be electro-pop influenced. so she did take a very different route. and that's why I'm here for here this era.

“Stupid Love aged like Macallan tho”

Aga Gydal
11 minutes ago, TheShameMonster said:

I see Gaga as more of a pop phenomenon than a basic pop star though. Katy is literally a product of the industry. There is very little thought or conviction in what she does. At least for Gaga, she really fights to bring her visions to life and is not afraid to break boundaries and say f**k it, I don't care what people think of me. Katy just tries way too hard to get that GP praise. 

I mean I agree, that’s what makes us fans, but they’re both trying to appeal to as many people as they can. Yeah Katy’s conviction as a musician comes off inorganic and kind of hollow but they’re both singers who made it big and are trying to stay high profile. So it’s a little rich to harp on someone not replicating their (absolutely insane) prior success just coz you don’t like them as much as the other. 

No one is infallible. If you choose to go sky high then expect the ride to dip at some point. Gaga’s slowly been trying to foster goodwill with the public again, and Katy will do it too. They both have the same aspirations at the end of the day. 

Guest bostonGUY

I was very excited for Witness when CTTR was released. I loved the song, production, the lyrics, the whole thing. The album disappointed me but it had it bops! Not the strongest album, but it's unique!

The haircut turned a lot of people off from Katy. I know a few people who insulted her looks due to the haircut.

But the biggest thing that doomed Witness imo was the single choices.

JohnWayne92

I personally feel like she and her team got too cocky. I feel like some people want to say the same about ARTPOP, but ARTPOP at least was a good album. 

I have loved Katy since her first album, but I cannot stand this one. I thought she was going to try and have an album with a meaning when she released Chained to the Rhythm, but then she followed that with Bon Appetite (which I feel like should have been bigger than it was) so it was kind or confusing. Then she dove right into a diss track (where she does no actual dissing) and instead of making a good video to try and rebound, she focused on comedy and other people's star power to boost her own. 

I feel like with Prism, it was a good album that had songs worth listening to, but she got lucky with it. It wasn't as good as Teenage Dream, and if anything it felt like Teenage Dream pt 2. She also started to lean more towards camp and comedy for her stuff than she had before, which is why I think This is How We Do and Birthday didn't do so well. Dark Horse was a good song, but that video was garbage. it all felt like it was geared towards kids/young teens, and at that point she was still in the memory of those kids who listened to Teenage Dream. 

I think that she needs to make music a bit more grown up. Like if you compare Prism to ARTPOP, it was like listening to KidsBop vs an adult album. With a few exceptions, including It Takes Two (which should have been a single because it was adult enough that it could have made some waves on pop and adult contemporary radio). I feel like she should try something more stripped down again, like One of the Boys or Joanne in a sense. Take a step back from the over produced pop for an album and remember where she came from. She's 30 now, and honestly, one of the better song writers in pop, so if she applied herself to a more mature album, I think it would work in her favor. 

Robo Ga
1 hour ago, Darrel said:

She looked like a goddess and now she's a sad lesbian.

:pray: the tea is so hot :pray:

🤖⚡️

She's in an odd age. Her fanbase aged but she really hasn't matured. Like there really hasn't been any growth since TD if you really think about it.

Her contemporaries have experimented and gotten deeper. Gaga changed her image and focused on her vocals. Rihanna wrote most of Anti, which is her deepest album so far and improved on her stage presence. Taylor switched genres and improved her writing. Katy Perry really hasn't done anything different but chopping her hair.

Plus she was getting some bad press for appearing to use rent-a-black rapper for hits. It's finally catching on. In a day in age where cultural appropriation is a taboo, it's not gonna appear cute to the public.

Shes like 32 and still writing about food and basic concepts. Girl needs to focus on her artistry because hits are only for the newbies.

BYE

ShockPop

She has no self awareness. She is completely out of touch and seems desperate to please everyone without knowing what anyone wants.

She's the pop equivalent of a bad AGT audition.

SHe stepped out of her lane and tripped on her face. It's not that she needs to grow as an artist because I don't think she's able to. She just needs to stick to what she's good at.

Archived