FABian 852 Posted November 24, 2017 Share Posted November 24, 2017 The Libyan government is to investigate allegations that African migrants are being sold as slaves at auctions for as little as $400. Tens of thousands of migrants, many of them from West Africa but also Bangladesh, Somalia, Sudan and Eritrea, are being held in camps and warehouses on the Libyan coast, hoping to reach Europe. When the warehouses become overcrowded, or if migrants are unable to pay traffickers for the boat journey towards Italy – where many are rescued by NGO-operated vessels – they are sold. Sources (with video): http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/11/20/libyan-government-investigate-slave-auctions-african-migrants/ http://uk.businessinsider.com/humans-are-being-sold-as-slaves-for-400-each-in-libya-2017-11 http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/23/africa/libya-reaction-slave-trade/index.html http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-42038451 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
moonsago 7,285 Posted November 24, 2017 Share Posted November 24, 2017 I have no words. What can you even say to this? It’s nearly 2018 and we still have such horrific things going on. I hate this world, I ****ing hate it, people are monsters. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
MaybeKermit 5,244 Posted November 24, 2017 Share Posted November 24, 2017 47 minutes ago, moonsago said: I have no words. What can you even say to this? It’s nearly 2018 and we still have such horrific things going on. I hate this world, I ****ing hate it, people are monsters. This? wth... speechless. Is this really happening? cant imagine what they are going through... it's disgusting Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ThisTrue 28 Posted November 24, 2017 Share Posted November 24, 2017 Disgusting... It's so easy to live in a bubble in the western world... This **** still happens Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hurem 17,801 Posted November 24, 2017 Share Posted November 24, 2017 I literally feel like I'm about to throw up. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.