💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was Joanne made for the SuperBowl?

albert

Featured Posts

I still cackle at how Gaga told us that the SuperBowl execs gave her the slot once they heard the album, and then she paid absolute ****ing dust to it except for MR :air: 

Like, no sis, they gave u the slot because ur the rah rah bitch xxx

Signature loading… 👹🖤

YeehawKylie
32 minutes ago, Chrastapher said:

Not when she only played one song from it and acted like the lead single never existed  :toofunny:

And Perfect Illusion would've been such a fun song for the Super Bowl...:giveup:

Darkstains
20 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

And Perfect Illusion would've been such a fun song for the Super Bowl...:giveup:

Except half of the time, Gaga's struggling so hard to hit those banshee-wailing notes when singing it live :/

drinkmytears
35 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Superbowl had Katy and it was gay as fck I mean... not even Gaga is that gay you know 

Reveal hidden contents

note: I don't agree with stereotypes but most of the straight viewers do.

You say you don't want to enforce stereotypes, but you fail to explain what was so "gay" about Katy's performance.

also how was her performance gayer than Gaga's, when Gaga sang "no matter gay, straight, or bi, lesbian, transgendered life" and Katy did nothing obviously gay?

delulu

ApplauseftAdele
43 minutes ago, Yuuri said:

Still mad how Perfect Illusion, a stadium anthem, got snubbed.

I get why it's a "stadium anthem" but the Super Bowl isn't just a live performance it's a televised one, and therefore It's less about the live experience and more about vocals visuals and choreo. PI would have been boring to watch on TV and also she doesn't sound super pleasant singing it live, sorry but it's the truth

ApplauseftAdele
1 minute ago, drinkmytears said:

You say you don't want to enforce stereotypes, but you fail to explain what was so "gay" about Katy's performance.

also how was her performance gayer than Gaga's, when Gaga sang "no matter gay, straight, or bi, lesbian, transgendered life" and Katy did nothing obviously gay?

delulu

Not speaking for the OP but my opinion is . Gaga's halftime was more "epic", with space towers and metal and explosions and fire. Katy's was more colorful, bubbly, girly, and "gay". I think that's what he meant

FfFfFfFF
46 minutes ago, Uncle ARTPOP said:

DITD- Fernando Garibay

Poker Face-Space Cowboy and Redone

Born This Way- Jeppe Lauren and DJWS

Telephone- DarkChild

Just Dance- Redone

Million Reasons- Ronson

Bad Romance- RedOne

RedOne has less to do with it than you'd think

you didn't understand the point :selena: 

45 minutes ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Superbowl had Katy and it was gay as fck I mean... not even Gaga is that gay you know 

Reveal hidden contents

note: I don't agree with stereotypes but most of the straight viewers do.

I wouldn't say Katy was gay...more like family friendly with all the vibrant colors and fun costumes. Family friendly is definitely something the SB would want. And all the straights thinks shes hot.

The SB surely cares about the artist's image. Joanne shows Gaga was going to market herself as a country pop white girl, which I'm sure the SB execs would love and prefer over something like ARTPOPGa or whatever image and sound she was going with on the RedOne album.

1 hour ago, albert said:

I edited my post to clarify more of what I meant: she made Joanne to get the performance slot for the SuperBowl, not to play at the SuperBowl. She played all of her biggest hits at the SB (besides MR), and they all happened to be RedOne produced.

Her changing her mind and scrapping the RedOne album last minute just because she wanted to do something different is also believable, I agree. It's just the possible Frankenstined single is making me revisit the idea of Joanne being made to get the SBHT slot.

Oh I know what you meant, but it would be odd to make an entire album to secure a performance spot but then only perform one song from it, ya know? I see where you are coming from, I just think it might be a reach and that the NFL had their eyes on Gaga after her rendition of the National Anthem the year before. People actually talked positively about the anthem performance which is a first in awhile for those performances lol Plus, the availability of other pop stars was slim when they chose Gaga so I think a lot of disparate circumstances just came together for it to happen. I don't think this is a case of Gaga being calculated, though she certainly can be.

Sneaky Oliver
53 minutes ago, drinkmytears said:

delulu

Here's the answer:

50 minutes ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

Not speaking for the OP but my opinion is . Gaga's halftime was more "epic", with space towers and metal and explosions and fire. Katy's was more colorful, bubbly, girly, and "gay". I think that's what he meant

I do not enforce stereotypes but we can't deny they do exist, unfortunately. :crossed:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Archived