Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Did Applause originally have a different sound?

Smother Em Eh

Featured Posts

GypsyBabe
30 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

Here

I still wish that I had never heard this. :selena:

⚯͛

GypsyBabe
3 minutes ago, Emigrante said:

I don't get this. what formula are you talking about

Maybe the straight eighths, minor-key pattern that Gaga used on a lot of her hits...I'm not sure :huh:

⚯͛

Anderson123

I'm pretty sure there are multiple versions of it just like most Gaga's songs. She has said that they usually record a lot of versions of a song and then they decide what they want to do with it. Born This Way went through multiple transformations as well, you can hear that she sings it different at the VMAs when she announced the name of the album.

Smother Em Eh
44 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

Here

I have never heard this before. Thanks! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

The only thing I don’t like about the finished version is she took out the echoing “koons is me” from the original demo. I thought that was a great addition to the song and not sure why it was removed. 

GypsyVida
20 minutes ago, Emigrante said:

It’s not a specific formula but like that stereotypical upbeat dance pop track that goes: verse, pre-chorus, chorus, verse, pre-chorus, chorus, bridge, chorus is what they’re talking about

Stream COWBOY CARTER

TimisaMonster

1) Gaga never wanted Applause to be on ARTPOP

2) The drunk concept demo says it was a bit more electronic, but didn't change that much in sound

3) I feel like the song is a very safe pop song and we were expecting Aura level slayage and her label decided for her

Overall...it's an ok song and I just wish the whole era went differently

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

Duella Dvil
24 minutes ago, Emigrante said:

Warning this will discuss the musical theory behind her earlier hits.

With a lot of Gaga's earlier hits (Just Dance, Poker Face, LoveGame, {other examples} Dance in The Dark and Monster etc) There is an 8th note based synth line (the intros of Just Dance, Poker Face And Applause especially) that is used predominantly throughout the song. It becomes one of the hooks instantly recognizable as a Gaga song. (She changed her formula after Bad Romance) that intro then becomes what the chorus will be built on later so when that chorus kicks in you still hear that very familiar synth and you are already comfortable, it brings you right into her hands while she scribbles her lyrics into your skull. Then you're stuck singing that song for the rest of your life.

Like seriously if you take all of these songs I listed and set them to the same tempo you'll notice that they have the same rhythm (especially Monster, Just Dance and Poker Face) just the note placement on that rhythm varies giving each song it's different melodic structure... Etc I could go on

www.instagram.com/theduella666

Duella Dvil
24 minutes ago, GypsyBabe said:

Maybe the straight eighths, minor-key pattern that Gaga used on a lot of her hits...I'm not sure :huh:

This is part of it yes!! 

www.instagram.com/theduella666

1 hour ago, DeanWinchester said:

Here

I wonder how drunk or screwed up she was recording this hahahahaha omg "YAYYYYYY!!!"

Sidenote: I love how spooky 80s video game this concept makes the synths sound.

Smother Em Eh
1 hour ago, calmar said:

Iirc Gaga didn't even want to include Applause on the album until management and her label said it should be the lead single.

Oh yeah I heard this somewhere. That is interesting. I wonder what AP would be like if it wasn't on there. And what track would replace it? Or would the album be cut to 11-12 tracks or something? 

Smother Em Eh
6 minutes ago, Florian said:

"sound that was super popular in 2010-2011"

Do you live in a parallel universe ? :O 

Well it was sure a trend then. And followed the structure she has done with past singles.  Didn't Rihanna's, "WFL" kinda follow that sound/trend? 

FfFfFfFF

We have demos, and yes, it sounded different. In happens with every song to a certain degree.

Archived