manicholic 3,694 Posted October 30, 2017 Share Posted October 30, 2017 Angel was 13 when her mother forced her to marry and start a family. "I felt like a slave," she says of her childhood. While countries like Zimbabwe, Malawi and El Salvador have recently banned child marriage, it remains legal in the US - and half of states have no set minimum age below which you cannot get married. There's nothing harder for people to do than admit they were fooled. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Perfume 8,828 Posted October 30, 2017 Share Posted October 30, 2017 I did not know this. an angel held me like a child Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
buttsicle 6,484 Posted October 30, 2017 Share Posted October 30, 2017 Wait what This is a thing in the US? WOOHOO YAHAA Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
sillynate 6,170 Posted October 30, 2017 Share Posted October 30, 2017 This is news to me sad tbh. Children shouldn't get married. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Morphine Prince 110,096 Posted October 30, 2017 Share Posted October 30, 2017 Wait, this is a thing here? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Tom Nook 37,820 Posted October 30, 2017 Share Posted October 30, 2017 As with everyone I did not know this was going on Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah... Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RAMROD 118,273 Posted October 30, 2017 Share Posted October 30, 2017 Of course it happened in Bible Belt states. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
LUO YI 6,089 Posted October 30, 2017 Share Posted October 30, 2017 WHAT The night sky tells all Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
TimisaMonster 31,073 Posted October 30, 2017 Share Posted October 30, 2017 Haven't you heard? Pedophiles run Hollywood and America... Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Werk 13,166 Posted October 30, 2017 Share Posted October 30, 2017 47 minutes ago, TROLLGA said: Wait what This is a thing in the US? 26 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said: Wait, this is a thing here? 24 minutes ago, Gardevoir said: As with everyone I did not know this was going on 48 minutes ago, So Legit said: I did not know this. 27 minutes ago, sillynate said: This is news to me sad tbh. Children shouldn't get married. 11 minutes ago, Graffiti Heart said: WHAT Same I'm utterly shocked like I always thought it was illegal 4 minutes ago, TimisaMonster said: Haven't you heard? Pedophiles run Hollywood and America... Yeah but i didn't know it would mean that it's legal Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Damon 10,933 Posted October 30, 2017 Share Posted October 30, 2017 WAIT IT'S LEGAL What the actual phuck!? First time I've heard of this, this is BAD ... and now i just sit in silence. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
blueberry kisses 10,280 Posted October 30, 2017 Share Posted October 30, 2017 I've only heard of this happening on Mormon compounds, but I thought those unions weren't legal just like the ones with multiple wives. I didn't know it was actually legal to get married that young. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 175,341 Posted October 30, 2017 Share Posted October 30, 2017 Why is everyone surprised? the age of consent in the US is waaay lower with parental approval. It differs by state though I'm sure. One of my friends was married at 14, I would've been shocked if forced marriages weren't a thing here honestly. They should make the age of consent 18 regardless of parents' approval or not. Whimsical bitch Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ToxicHot 6,444 Posted October 30, 2017 Share Posted October 30, 2017 Can't be legal in Texas... We're too conservative (), unfortunately. dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Morphine Prince 110,096 Posted October 30, 2017 Share Posted October 30, 2017 4 minutes ago, ToxicHot said: Can't be legal in Texas... We're too conservative (), unfortunately. You can at 14 with parental consent. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.