💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Dr. Luke's Demise Ended Pop's Reign?

DiscoHeaven23

Featured Posts

Supersonic

No. What "ended" pop music is streaming taking over. Before the inclusion of streams, the charts were a lot more reflective of the tastes of women and gay men, because they are the main demographic of digital music sales, while straight males for example were much more likely to stream or illegally download music.

Now, with streaming taking over, the main demographic whose tastes are represented has shifted. Urban music has always been big, it just wasn't visible for a long time.

Anderson123

Trends are bound to change every once in a while, that's just the way music works. I know that Hip Hop is making a comeback now and all we see is that but I guess electro-pop was popular for a long time and it's time for something different.

As for popstars, I see that they have focused way more on the quality of an album as a complete body of work instead of just a couple of catchy singles + rest of the album be crap. Albums like Anti, Lemonade, Joanne, Melodrama, Rainbow, Younger Now and maybe even Glory are proof that they want to shake things up a bit and that's amazing in my opinion, I've enjoyed all of these albums because they've been full of surprises.

Dr. Luke is not the only hit maker out there, we have Max Martin, Shellback, Greg Kurstin, Pharrell, etc. among many many others that can make even better music than Lukasz. In my opinion, I think it'd be super boring if the same artists were on top of the charts every time, things just have to change every 5 years or so.

STREAMING is something that has influenced charts so much. All of these "New music" lists or ways to discover songs and indie artists/bands have opened a whole new world to listeners, myself included. That's great in a way because less known artists get a chance to get their music out there and don't have to struggle so much hoping to be played on the radio.

Edit: Sorry if my post doesn't make any sense, I'm super sleepy and I just wrote random stuff that came to my head lol.

Bradley

Tbh I wonder where StarGate (Only Girl, Diamonds and tons of Rihanna songs' producers) went. Also RedOne seemed to have stopped working with Gaga or Nicki or Jennifer or Pitbull, trends have changed.

how can they be sick of big pop hitsif they haven't been delivered in years? Peopleloved 24k magic and Biebers Sorry. there's a market for pop hits but they have to be GOOD

Glamourpuss

Wow I didn't know he was the creator of so many hits. Although they have a generic sound they are so catchy. And I am surprised that every one of those "artists" bops that I like the most are listed here. 

I have also noticed that Kesha was used to sing the most sleazy songs. Hopefully that's one of the reasons she grew tired of working with him and it doesn't surprise me if he raped her, he must have had a low opinion of her to give her the particular tracks he gave her. Unfortunately I need liked her because I always saw her as a skank until she started to be more real. 

I'm glad that pop music is changing but I don't like what it's replaced by. Gaga's music is like a breath of fresh air though. 

yes and

Unfortunately, yes. But also latina has a lot of influence now. Better if cyclicity of pop music is true, dance-pop bops will be back at the end of 10's, but who really knows :giveup:

Did you think I'd show up in a limousine? No

Archived