'DWAS' ON SPOTIFY
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

VMA's 2010

Jacob Marley

Featured Posts

Jacob Marley

Alright - so, the main reason I joined Gagadaily a few years back was actually to ask this one question, but I quickly fell in love with the community and quickly started using these boards as an escape to listen to brilliant, funny, and HELLA smart people, so I completely forgot the question until I saw a gif today.

The meat dress: she changed into it immediately before Video of the Year. My question is, did a producer/director/MTV give her a sign that she was going to win it, so she ran backstage to make the big change/reveal? I ask this because in hindsight it seems as if she knew which awards she was winning. This ain't a conspiracy theory or anything, but i never got over how perfectly paced she was that night. I know networks will often hint that an artist or entertainer should be at an award show if they're winning, but that night seemed just so flawless.

Anybody have some insider knowledge for a dumb ginger who can't pick up signs to save his life?

Jacob Marley

Don't get me wrong - her winning Video of the Year for BR shocked NO ONE, but her timing of everything, including the cutaways, looked as if she was running the whole show (which let's be real, with as many wins she had that night, she was).

Tom Nook

Well she had multiple outfits that night :hor:

2mGUfOvRiPtl.jpg

If it wasn't for video of the year it would probably be for the post show red carpet

lady_gaga_meat_dress.jpg

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

BornSimon

Artists always know if they're going to win or not, even moreso if they're attending the ceremony. There's videos of the Spice Girls accepting awards and pretending to be surprised, then they wrote books where they said they were always told beforehand, sometimes on the same night but still before the show started.

Archived