💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Any musicians on GGD?

NIGHTCRAWLER

Featured Posts

not asher613
3 hours ago, JustaMonster said:

Dont worry almost no one can listen to a note and tell you if its an a or b or whatever. Thats called perfect pitch and I think only like 1/10,000 people have it. But I guess what I recommend is learning how the major scale is formed because its the basis for almost all western music theory. This is gonna be hard for me to explain because im not a very good teacher :emma:

Ok, so there are 12 notes that make up and octave and the major scale uses 7 of these notes. On a piano if you start on the note C and you play all of the white keys until you get up to another C note then those are the notes for the major scale in C. If you look you will obviously notice that there are some black keys missing inbetween some of the white keys. And there is this "pattern" for the major scale.

You start off on the first note C, then you skip a note (This would be the black key, c#, in the c scale) and then you play the white key which is D. Then you skip another note and play the next white key E. But then for the transition between the 3rd and the 4th note of the scale you dont skip a note and there is no black key to skip here so you just play the next white key which if F. For the next 3 notes of the scale you skip 1 note between them so you would play G A B. And by this point you will have played all 7 notes of the scale and to get back to the beginning you go up only 1 key, meaning you dont skip one here.

So bascially you skip a key between every note except for the transition between 3-4 and 7 back to the key you started off at (The octave).

If you learn this pattern you dont have to think of each scale as something different you have to memorize you can just move this pattern around starting off on the note you want. So if you wanted to play the D major scale you just use this pattern except start on D (There are black keys other scales though C is the only one with only white keys)

So by learning this scale it lets you do a lot of stuff like for example if you want to play a major chord all you have to do is play the 1st note the 3rd note and the 5th note of the scale at the same time. There is also a ton of other stuff but I dont want to overwhelm you :emma:

Sorry if I'm bad at explaining this but if you have any questions about it just ask and Ill try to help :) 

that's called 2-2-1 2-2-1 and a minor scale has a flat third and 6th so that means 2-1-2 2-1-2 

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JustaMonster
33 minutes ago, not asher613 said:

that's called 2-2-1 2-2-1 and a minor scale has a flat third and 6th so that means 2-1-2 2-1-2 

Yeah I just didn't want to confuse them :emma: 

Hands up to the sky, I'm about to fly!

not asher613
1 minute ago, JustaMonster said:

Yeah I just didn't want to confuse them :emma: 

oh i thought it would be simpler haha

JustaMonster
1 minute ago, not asher613 said:

oh i thought it would be simpler haha

maybe it is idk :deadbanana: 

Hands up to the sky, I'm about to fly!

NIGHTCRAWLER
4 hours ago, not asher613 said:

you have very mature, understated production sensibilities which I love. your voice is not conventional but I like it at times you could also consider working with a female vocalist I think. particularly liked I'm the one and Ashes and your cure remix is brilliant!

Thank you ! I'm not sure how to take that "your voice is not conventional" lmao but I think I like it because I hate conventional things.

Spoiler

the mic I'm using to record probably doesn't help 

I'm glad you took time to actually listen to our work! 

not asher613
8 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

Thank you ! I'm not sure how to take that "your voice is not conventional" lmao but I think I like it because I hate conventional things.

Reveal hidden contents

the mic I'm using to record probably doesn't help 

I'm glad you took time to actually listen to our work! 

sure. I'm glad you started the thread.  great idea 

how to take it- it's unique. i really like it at times. 

2 minutes ago, NIGHTCRAWLER said:

This is so cool ! You're really good at it. I can tell you're a musician. What do you play? 

I play a bunch of instruments! thank you, I will link to original stuff later on. 

8 hours ago, not asher613 said:

you have very mature, understated production sensibilities which I love. your voice is not conventional but I like it at times you could also consider working with a female vocalist I think. particularly liked I'm the one and Ashes and your cure remix is brilliant!

you seem to really get into the music and it comes across. there is something hypnotic about reloaded. 

I like the sound of your voice and the band's 80's revival sound is fresh

this sounds very professional. very smooth production maybe a little homogenous at times but people work hard to be able to get that kind of sound. good job.

I'm sure there are more but I got this far and decided I have to upload some of my stuff. will post links in a bit. 

where's the love you promised me ! I enjoyed this song so much this morning

not asher613
2 minutes ago, OHMIKEGOD said:

where's the love you promised me ! I enjoyed this song so much this morning

what do you mean?

NIGHTCRAWLER
3 minutes ago, not asher613 said:

sure. I'm glad you started the thread.  great idea 

how to take it- it's unique. i really like it at times. 

I play a bunch of instruments! thank you, I will link to original stuff later on. 

I'm looking forward to hear it

not asher613

on my page there's a wide range of things from different phases of my development, and different moods. pretty much all demos/sketches  

i sometimes pull off vocals but i mostly don't consider myself a singer and write with other voices in mind. one piece there, a jewish choral composition is my arrangement, but not my song. i sing the parts behind the cantor's solo. 

NIGHTCRAWLER
3 minutes ago, not asher613 said:

I'm shook by this guitar :excited2: (Spanish Harlem) I wish I could play guitar like you do!!!!! Man with these guitar skills and what I heard of your singing you could produce some really good song 

Spoiler

"Your Song" sounds so good and so professional  :lana: 

I can kind of sing, but I've never been taught in any way, so I know my technique is bad. Sometimes I write things too, but I can never write full things; I never have the ability to sit down and write a full song, only a small part of one. At least when I'm awake. Sometimes when I fall asleep I hear music which might be new but I'm too tired and I just enjoy it and then wake up and forget it happened until days later :emma: 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

Archived