Gaga:5F2 to receive limited theatrical release

yASSsss

Featured Posts

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yASSsss
5 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

Grammys yes! Emmys no, it would have to premiere on TV for it to be eligible! Like how Beyonce premiered lemonade on HBO

edit: im not sure of netlix countsĀ 

tons of Netflix Shows get nominated for Emmys. look at OITNB,Stranger ThingsĀ :gaycat:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

ZiggyZiggs
6 minutes ago, Miracle said:

it has already been released on TIFF so I think that countsĀ 

Sadly nop. It's given in the rules that the movie has to have a 7 day theatrical run in both NY and LA during the eligibility period.

Miracle
Just now, ZiggyZiggs said:

Sadly nop. It's given in the rules that the movie has to have a 7 day theatrical run in both NY and LA during the eligibility period.

well next year here we go

yASSsss
12 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

Too bad it's not Worldwide !Ā 

it's just to meet the eligibility criteria for the Oscars.Ā 

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

monketsharona
Just now, yASSsss said:

it's just to meet the eligibility criteria for the Oscars.Ā 

yeah of course ^^Ā 

But I would have loved to watch it at the theaterĀ :)Ā 

ZiggyZiggs
Just now, Miracle said:

well next year here we go

its goin to be even better next year wow. especially with ASIB, the voters are going to see the doc and see how down to earth and an amazing person she is, imo it's goin to increase her chances for an Oscar for ASIB cuz critics are going to love her. WOW BOBBY IS COMING THRU AND HERE WE THOUGHT HE WAS NOT DOING A GOOD JOB. They had bigger plans than a billion views on YT or a No.1 singleĀ :giggle:

"The eligibility period for documentary features begins on January 1, 2017, and ends on December 31, 2017. For films being released between January 1 and August 20, the completed online submission form and all other entry materials, including the digital content delivery and DVDs, must be received by the Academy no later than 30 days after the end of the qualifying theatrical releases. For films being released between August 21 and December 31, the completed online submission form, letters from the theaters confirming that the film will be satisfying the release requirements, and all other entry materials, including the digital content delivery and DVDs, must be received by the Academy by 5 p.m. PT on Wednesday, September 20, 2017. Those entrants submitting entry materials by September 20 with a planned theatrical release before the end of the calendar year, but which will not have a locked picture by the September 20 deadline, may request by September 13 an extension for the digital content delivery/DVD submission only. Extensions will be granted only to October 20 and only if the picture is not locked. There will be no exceptions"

The movie has to be in theatres in NY/LAĀ for at least a week (or a few days)Ā to be eligible afaik. Some people were speculating that Bey would put Lemonade up in a few theatres for some time to be eligible for an Oscar (though it didn't happen)Ā 

18 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

Grammys yes! Emmys no, it would have to premiere on TV for it to be eligible! Like how Beyonce premiered lemonade on HBO

Netflix counts

thierryrreiht
10 minutes ago, yASSsss said:

that's a bummer :sweat:Ā 

can it be eligible for Oscars 2019 ?

yeah but that's a year and a half after the release :toofunny:

just because it's two days late

EDIT

inb4 ASIB is released before its deadline and she has two features for the Oscars 2019

romonster

90th ACADEMY AWARDS SPECIAL RULES FOR THE DOCUMENTARY AWARDS

The eligibility period for documentary features begins on January 1, 2017, and ends on December 31, 2017.

To be eligible for 90th Academy Awards consideration, a documentary feature must complete both a seven-day theatrical release in Los Angeles County and a seven-day theatrical release in the City of New York during the eligibility period.

For films being released between August 21 and December 31, the completed online submission form, letters from the theaters confirming that the film will be satisfying the release requirements, and all other entry materials, including the digital content delivery and DVDs, must be received by the Academy by 5 p.m. PT on Wednesday, September 20, 2017.

http://www.oscars.org/sites/oscars/files/90aa_doc_features.pdf

From what I understand, Gaga's team just has to fill in the submission form and do all the formalities and submit it to the Academy by September 20th to be nominated at the 2018 Oscars. Documentaries released this entire year are eligible as long as they're submitted by September 20th.

Just now, thierryrreiht said:

yeah but that's a year and a half after the release :toofunny:

just because it's two days late

It's eligible this year if Gaga's management & Netflix play their cards right and on time.Ā 

PunkTheFunk
20 minutes ago, andy232000 said:

Netflix counts as TVĀ :lolga:Ā 

ZiggyZiggs
1 minute ago, romonster said:

90th ACADEMY AWARDS SPECIAL RULES FOR THE DOCUMENTARY AWARDS

The eligibility period for documentary features begins on January 1, 2017, and ends on December 31, 2017.

To be eligible for 90th Academy Awards consideration, a documentary feature must complete both a seven-day theatrical release in Los Angeles County and a seven-day theatrical release in the City of New York during the eligibility period.

For films being released between August 21 and December 31, the completed online submission form, letters from the theaters confirming that the film will be satisfying the release requirements, and all other entry materials, including the digital content delivery and DVDs, must be received by the Academy by 5 p.m. PT on Wednesday, September 20, 2017.

http://www.oscars.org/sites/oscars/files/90aa_doc_features.pdf

From what I understand, Gaga's team just has to fill in the submission form and do all the formalities and submit it to the Academy by September 20th to be nominated at the Oscars next year. Documentaries released this entire year are eligible as long as they're submitted by September 20th.

omg so she's eligible for the 2018 Oscars?

Archived