💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Is Million Reasons the biggest commercial failure of 2016/17?

LateToCult

Featured Posts

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GhettoFabulous

No it’s platinum :madge:  You clearly just don’t like the Joanne era just take the l and go :sweat:

Arturo
1 minute ago, ClariceStarling said:

This was a good joke. 

This is by far one of the most mind numbing posts I've read on this forum. And in 2012 someone called me stupid because I didn't agree with his claim that Sandy Hook was a hoax. :rip: 

Tom Nook
23 minutes ago, LateToCult2k17 said:

I already know this is gonna get a bunch of "excuse me nos" but

giphy.gif 

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

Edonis
16 minutes ago, LateToCult2k17 said:

Well I also think it's delusional to not consider MR as a commercial failure given how much it was pushed on huge platforms and discounted. 

I actually think it's more delusional to think it's a commercial failure given the quantity of factual arguments provided on the first page of this thread :selena: and you know, the fact that it's platinum from SALES ALONE :selena:

If you really think about it wasn't pushed as hard as you might think either. It's just that the song was the only single treated like, well, an actual single :selena: the roll-out didn't include a big budget music video, huge expensive performances that were televised to a significant population in the United States or world (outside of the Super Bowl, which did help the song chart), or any special marketing deals. Discounts are music industry standards and have been done since the start of iTunes, so that argument is null. :selena:

LateToCult
5 minutes ago, Arturo said:

I'm just trying to gauge your understanding of charts at this moment and see where your head is.

You consider MR a failure. I 100% disagree and feel like its success is objective but I'll hear you out if you give me your opinions on these other songs.

MR peaked at #4 and has sold approximately 1.04m 

Which of these next few songs do you consider hits and which do you consider failures?

Scars To Your Beautiful (#8) ~750k sales

It Ain't Me (#7) ~800k sales

Issues (#11) 950k sales

HUMBLE. (#1) 850k sales

Malibu (#10) 550k sales

I would consider Issues the biggest success in that list because it's from an artist that nobody has heard of before and it's almost hit 1M with no big performance. Humble and Malibu aren't really successful in my opinion because they were leads to highly anticipated albums by well known artists and they've already been sort of forgotten. STYB has done pretty well when you remember that Alesia isn't a household name yet. IAM is one of Selena's biggest successes and she hasn't really performed it anywhere.

ClariceStarling
Just now, Arturo said:

This is by far one of the most mind numbing posts I've read on this forum. And in 2012 someone called me stupid because I didn't agree with his claim that Sandy Hook was a hoax. :rip: 

Gaga can't have an accomplishment without her own "fans" making silly arguments and tearing that down.  

"But it was diScounTed for WeeKS!!" Yeah girl, like every other song out there. Worry about that. 

Arturo

Also if 1 million is a joke....what number would satisfy you? I'm expecting an answer to all my questions. Because higher than 1.1 million only puts you in the range of 3 other songs. That's What I Like, Despacito, and Shape of You. 3 SONGS.

ClariceStarling
Just now, LateToCult2k17 said:

I would consider Issues the biggest success in that list because it's from an artist that nobody has heard of before and it's almost hit 1M with no big performance. Humble and Malibu aren't really successful in my opinion because they were leads to highly anticipated albums by well known artists and they've already been sort of forgotten. STYB has done pretty well when you remember that Alesia isn't a household name yet. IAM is one of Selena's biggest successes and she hasn't really performed it anywhere.

And "Issues" was discounted for like, what, 20 weeks or something? @Arturo

3 minutes ago, LateToCult2k17 said:

You forgot the most important part. And that is that all of those songs (maybe minus Malibu) were spammed on the radio. MR wasn't played much despite of all of those TV performances. 

Arturo
1 minute ago, LateToCult2k17 said:

Your logic is very...odd. Using your logic across all artists....Rihanna, Beyoncé, and Gaga are quite unsuccessful. Are one hit wonders the most successful in your eyes because they're not well known so the fact that they had a hit is an accomplishment...even though theyre thrown to the trash a month later.

• ChicaSkas locked this topic

Archived