Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What Can We do as a Fan Base?

Ken Zahn

Featured Posts

Ken Zahn
8 minutes ago, M Monstre said:

I think some of the biggest things we need to do are:

1) Be more loving - Gaga has always preached love, peace, acceptance, and unity between all people. She's always had that sort of "hippie" mentality, and I think we, as a fan base, need to exemplify that more. We need to express love towards other members of the Monster family, but also, we need to spread a message of love across the world, anywhere we go. It's easier said than done because being kind won't necessarily make you the "most popular person," but being kind will make you a genuine, loving, and caring person.

2) And on that note, be more accepting - This goes one of two ways: the first being Gaga's career choices, and the second being differing opinion. First with Gaga's career choices, she's a forever changing artist, and we need to learn how to accept that. You may not like all the things she will do in the future, but we need to learn how to support whatever she wants to do in her career. The other thing is learning how to accept other differing opinions. It's absolutely fine and even encouraged to have different opinions, but we need to learn to not just spew hate at each other just because someone doesn't like a song, or an album, etc. 

3) Be more grounded in who we are - Gaga's a fantastic, amazing, wonderful, talented woman, and there's no denying that. However, idolization is always bad. Not only are you praising someone who probably doesn't want to be praised like that, but you will get a false image of who they are, and you will become obsessive, which is never a good thing. We need to be grounded with who we are, instead of trying to act like she's God. If the rumors about what's happening in the documentary are true, then she herself will express that she dislikes it.

Totally Agree :hug: 

Thank you :kara:

I'm a huntie and y'all should be one too 😉

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not asher613
1 minute ago, Ken Zahn said:

u have too look at ur own mistakes before u look at someone elses. i guess thats one of the points of this thread, i get where ur coming from tho!!

I didn't look at anyone else's mistakes. 

Ken Zahn
3 minutes ago, not asher613 said:

I didn't look at anyone else's mistakes. 

i was just saying since you said theres nothing wrong with our fan base what i meant is we all make mistakes, no fanbase is better than the other, we make just as many mistakes as other fanbases so saying we are "perfect" is kindof an over statement. 

not asher613
4 minutes ago, Ken Zahn said:

i was just saying since you aid theres nothing wrong with our fan base what i meant is we all make mistakes, no fanbase is better than the other, we make just as many mistakes as other fanbases so saying we are "perfect" is kindof an over statement. 

I see.   I may not have stressed my main point well enough which is that I don't think the distance we see btwn Stefani and the monsters can only be because monsters are doing something wrong.

life is very complicated for her and there may not be anything monsters can do different which can change the realities of her world. 

Ken Zahn
Just now, not asher613 said:

I see.   I may not have stressed my main point which is that I don't think the distance we see btwn Stefani and the monsters can only be because monsters are doing something wrong.

life is very complicated for her and there may not be anything monsters can do different which can change the realities of her world. 

thats true!! thanks for commenting on this thread none the less!! i love seeing other monsters opinions:hug: 

thanks for keeping this thread alive!!

not asher613
5 minutes ago, Ken Zahn said:

thats true!! thanks for commenting on this thread none the less!! i love seeing other monsters opinions:hug: 

thanks for keeping this thread alive!!

im glad to contribute to such a thoughtful, positive thread

1 hour ago, M Monstre said:

I agree with what you're saying, but just not this part.

For some of us, she is the reason why we're still alive, me included. I was (and still struggle with) depression and some of the darkest times still linger, but it was her and her constant messages of love and acceptance that helped to drive me further away from that dark place.

I agree that the idol worship is excessive, but you can't blame people for what she's been able to do.

I'm sorry and I really don't mean to delegitimize you're emotions and reality, because I know the impact that she and her music has had on so many of us. I'm just saying I think it's completely and absolutely inappropriate to tell someone that. Regardless of the impact she's had, I'd easily estimate when she's on a promo/concert tour she meets dozens a fans a week that tell her that she is the sole reason they didn't end their lives. That is quite literally the single biggest piece of pressure you can put on another human being—that they are the reason you are alive...full stop. I think it's just unfair to say that to her, however true it may be. Saying you love her etc is whatever but saying that you are alive because of her creates this burden that no single human should ever have to bear. She isn't a therapist and has so much of her own stuff—for her to feel like if she makes one wrong turn or does one thing different that her fans might literally die...it makes me feel terrible for her.

I just think there's a place where she can me thanked in a heartfelt way—but in these hundreds of short interactions she has...I don't think it needs to be heavy like that. Emotional, sure, but to add to her guilt and  responsibility isn't okay. 

Used to be on here as broadwaybobby in TFM era

Thank you so much for posting this thread. This topic is something that definitely needs to be addressed in this fanbase. I too have been asking myself what I can do as a fan and how I would want people to treat me if I were in Gaga's place. 

I'm really impressed by all the answers I've seen so far. I think the first thing we can do is focus on spreading Gaga's message of kindness everywhere. Seeing all the negativity in our fanbase has really changed the atmosphere of being a Gaga fan. We need to stop putting ourselves above other fans because of how many times we've met Gaga and end the bullying on social media. Spreading kindness is the first thing. 

The second thing is to treat Gaga as a person and not like she's just a pop star or clelebrity. The biggest mistake we as fans make with the famous people we support is focusing too much on the title and not who they actually are as a person. Gaga wants to be seen as that girl from New York who loves to sing for people and bring kindness to the world. She wants to be seen and treated as one of us and not worshipped as if she were a goddess. She's a human being like us who happens to be famous. I understand why she says fame is isolating. Fame makes others treat you differently in that they don't care about talking to you or connecting. When they meet you they only think about proving to others that they met you. That's hurtful and we need to stop treating Gaga like this. We need to start seeing her as a person and stop focusing on her fame so much. 

The third thing is to appreciate everything she does. A thank you really goes a long way when you work so hard to keep others happy. She really does care about bringing the world together through music and art. We need to show more appreciation for what she does. 

So sorry I made this super long. Once again thank you for making this thread. I agree with a Twitter trend to follow. 

Ken Zahn
10 minutes ago, Jillie said:

Thank you so much for posting this thread. This topic is something that definitely needs to be addressed in this fanbase. I too have been asking myself what I can do as a fan and how I would want people to treat me if I were in Gaga's place. 

I'm really impressed by all the answers I've seen so far. I think the first thing we can do is focus on spreading Gaga's message of kindness everywhere. Seeing all the negativity in our fanbase has really changed the atmosphere of being a Gaga fan. We need to stop putting ourselves above other fans because of how many times we've met Gaga and end the bullying on social media. Spreading kindness is the first thing. 

The second thing is to treat Gaga as a person and not like she's just a pop star or clelebrity. The biggest mistake we as fans make with the famous people we support is focusing too much on the title and not who they actually are as a person. Gaga wants to be seen as that girl from New York who loves to sing for people and bring kindness to the world. She wants to be seen and treated as one of us and not worshipped as if she were a goddess. She's a human being like us who happens to be famous. I understand why she says fame is isolating. Fame makes others treat you differently in that they don't care about talking to you or connecting. When they meet you they only think about proving to others that they met you. That's hurtful and we need to stop treating Gaga like this. We need to start seeing her as a person and stop focusing on her fame so much. 

The third thing is to appreciate everything she does. A thank you really goes a long way when you work so hard to keep others happy. She really does care about bringing the world together through music and art. We need to show more appreciation for what she does. 

So sorry I made this super long. Once again thank you for making this thread. I agree with a Twitter trend to follow. 

your welcome, i just thought, with all the talk about how shes distancing herself from us, i thought we all needed a little self reflection to see what we need to change, and hopefully how to fix it!!:hug:

Stop fighting over her like she's some valuable object :saladga:

People were literally FIGHTING for autographs at her hotel this evening.

She wasn't here to see, but if she was people wouldn't have done this. So stopping being hypocritical would be a step.

SpaceAce

Call out shitty behaviour like:

Grabbing her

Demanding selfies

Constantly commenting on her appearance

Waiting outside her apartment. Hotels are okay because she expects to meet fans on tour but her home should be off limits. Especially now that we're aware of how scary some of her fan encounters have been. 

Screaming in her face

This should all be obvious but a lot of people out there just weren't raised right. 

Ken Zahn
39 minutes ago, KingOfTheClouds said:

Im not sure

And that ok!! just look at other examples on this thread!! maybe youll get some inspiration:hug:

Ken Zahn
36 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Stop fighting over her like she's some valuable object :saladga:

People were literally FIGHTING for autographs at her hotel this evening.

She wasn't here to see, but if she was people wouldn't have done this. So stopping being hypocritical would be a step.

This.

This a problem all fanbases need to stop. in lady gagas case, she had a manager during the btw/ARTPOP era that used her as an object, so having people she loves, her fans, use her as an object too, really puts a toll on her mental health. its not good for her and i think its time we figure out "SHES A HUMAN TOO"

i agree 100%:hug:

Ken Zahn
29 minutes ago, SpaceAce said:

Call out shitty behaviour like:

Grabbing her

Demanding selfies

Constantly commenting on her appearance

Waiting outside her apartment. Hotels are okay because she expects to meet fans on tour but her home should be off limits. Especially now that we're aware of how scary some of her fan encounters have been. 

Screaming in her face

This should all be obvious but a lot of people out there just weren't raised right. 

Using her as an object is bad!! i agree :hug:

Archived