not asher613 661 Posted August 27, 2017 Share Posted August 27, 2017 haven't seen this reported in mainstream media yet, but sounds hopeful http://yeswenative.com/2017/08/16/victory-standing-rock-sioux-tribe-court-finds-approval-dakota-access-pipeline-violated-law/ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lion Heart 15,041 Posted August 28, 2017 Share Posted August 28, 2017 Awesome ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,166 Posted August 29, 2017 Share Posted August 29, 2017 6 hours ago, Lion Heart said: Awesome I dont know much about this pipeline... what is the controversy with this one? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Evan Peters 10,796 Posted August 29, 2017 Share Posted August 29, 2017 6 minutes ago, Economy said: I dont know much about this pipeline... what is the controversy with this one? goes through reservation land...terrible for the enviroment, etc lol emma roberts is an abuser Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,166 Posted August 29, 2017 Share Posted August 29, 2017 6 minutes ago, Evan Peters said: goes through reservation land...terrible for the enviroment, etc lol Oh. Yeah reservation land is a big thing. I wont comment on environemnt or ecological regions since i didnt do enough research on this specific pipeline However Ive noticed some past pipelines environmentalists got passionate fighting it and they didnt even seem to understand the full scope of it Not building pipeline wont stop oil production... it means more is moved by rail which has its own problems (congesting rail traffic and raising cost for other goods that need train use... more pollution to move the oil itself than pipeline etc) Also if by any chance a small amount of production gets removed, it means more market share for other Countries with much poorer environmental standards on oil extraction or more imports from over-seas increasing risk of spillage over Ocean Everything has to be considered Some pipelines are problematic on their route... But others I feel like ppl hate on them just because without doing proper research on whether or not in the grand scheme of things its really worth stopping the project Im a moderate. I dont like right-wing propaganda but i also dont like left-wing or environmetalists propaganda. I like to analyse all the facts and reach my own conclusion Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
not asher613 661 Posted September 2, 2017 Author Share Posted September 2, 2017 On 8/28/2017 at 8:29 PM, Economy said: Oh. Yeah reservation land is a big thing. I wont comment on environemnt or ecological regions since i didnt do enough research on this specific pipeline However Ive noticed some past pipelines environmentalists got passionate fighting it and they didnt even seem to understand the full scope of it Not building pipeline wont stop oil production... it means more is moved by rail which has its own problems (congesting rail traffic and raising cost for other goods that need train use... more pollution to move the oil itself than pipeline etc) Also if by any chance a small amount of production gets removed, it means more market share for other Countries with much poorer environmental standards on oil extraction or more imports from over-seas increasing risk of spillage over Ocean Everything has to be considered Some pipelines are problematic on their route... But others I feel like ppl hate on them just because without doing proper research on whether or not in the grand scheme of things its really worth stopping the project Im a moderate. I dont like right-wing propaganda but i also dont like left-wing or environmetalists propaganda. I like to analyse all the facts and reach my own conclusion I think this is a matter of American appropriation of native territories through a specifically harmful and dangerous invasion of land which not only belongs to them but is in fact an area they consider to be sacred ground. An overarching environmental view does not properly regard the matter of simple respect for their land claim and those specific environmental concerns which would affect this one specific area as possessing a uniquely high value. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.