Katy Dragged for Bodyshaming Co-star in Swish Swish Video

ZiggyZiggs

Featured Posts

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LateToCult
3 hours ago, SychosSoChic said:

Kii @ y'all trying to make Katy a victim when this is the exposè of the season. Cold Taco Bell tacos for 36 hours :air: And y'all are saying Katy can't catch a break :air:

This entire era was a mess from start to finish, and no one was here for it. Let Katy go and get her Cheek to Cheek era ready.

They should have just made another 4 minutes of Gretchen dancing and called it a day, coz that's as close to viral as Katy and her team are going to get.

tumblr_ov7fpcxkBo1u6n38po1_400.gif

Gaga had knew how to sing incredibly and play instruments. Miss Perry can't fall back on that.

:reductive:

5 hours ago, KingOfTheClouds said:

Like Christine said, she's not offended, Katy didn't direct it, the creator is really the one who you should be angry at, not Katy

Well no.

Katy saw the video and was okay with it.

Or she didn't see the video and was okay with that.

Either scenario is bad, Katy deserves the backlash. It's also not just about Christine, and she was upset about the video and she made that pretty clear, she just doesn't want to make a big deal out of it.

NIghtmareElm

People are saying this is her ARTPOP era.  Really?  She is doing far worse! At least Gaga had a debut single that stayed in the top 10 for weeks (Applause).  CTTR was in the top 10 for two weeks then fell out.  The other two singles haven't even came close.  DWUW did at least spark attention and was just a few spots shy from being in the top 10.  Gaga didn't get this bad of a backlash lol.  

"....as cheap as a comedian making fart jokes" -Katy Perry

Kinda close dont you think ?                                                       

.                                               :awkney:

Regina George

People have been (for ages) and still are making "fat" jokes in movies and no one is offended.. but when Katy does it.. everyone is offended.. tbh I wish I could go back in time where people weren't so pissed about every ****ing thing there is. :awkney:

+ this girl was on set, they told her that all she needs to do is eat and she accepted it so why is everyone acting like they did something she didn't approve? 

So either Katy Perry is basic for not having creative control of her own music videos or Katy Perry is basic for thinking any of that **** was funny and APPROVING it. 

Hilarious either way :giggle:

Green Eyes

This isn't about the fat jokes (not that they aren't stupid and unfunny). It's about inviting a young rising comedian for a music video under the guise of giving them a great opportunity, only to boil them down to a simple "she's fat" gag. It's laughably shallow and exploitative, just like her entire career. I'm not up in arms about this, I just think the whole thing is embarrassing. She is grasping at straws trying to win back some fanfare, so these tactics will be even more ridiculous and outlandish as her team gets desperate. 

This isn't an ARTPOP-esque blunder. She is done. 'Katy Perry' is a product and that product has an expiration date, and that date is just about now. After the money machine moves on, she will not have the talent to sustain a lasting career. We all know it's true and KatyCats know it too. I'm sure it must sting.

Whispering

This is distasteful.

Katy needs to scrap this era and just move on and try again in a couple of years. 

bumblebee
4 hours ago, JoeysWorldTour said:

People are saying this is her ARTPOP era.  Really?  She is doing far worse! At least Gaga had a debut single that stayed in the top 10 for weeks (Applause).  CTTR was in the top 10 for two weeks then fell out.  The other two singles haven't even came close.  DWUW did at least spark attention and was just a few spots shy from being in the top 10.  Gaga didn't get this bad of a backlash lol.  

This, and not to mention that DWUW actually managed to crack the TOP 10 on Pop Radio :firega:

PunkTheFunk
9 hours ago, Green Eyes said:

This isn't about the fat jokes (not that they aren't stupid and unfunny). It's about inviting a young rising comedian for a music video under the guise of giving them a great opportunity, only to boil them down to a simple "she's fat" gag. It's laughably shallow and exploitative, just like her entire career. I'm not up in arms about this, I just think the whole thing is embarrassing. She is grasping at straws trying to win back some fanfare, so these tactics will be even more ridiculous and outlandish as her team gets desperate. 

This isn't an ARTPOP-esque blunder. She is done. 'Katy Perry' is a product and that product has an expiration date, and that date is just about now. After the money machine moves on, she will not have the talent to sustain a lasting career. We all know it's true and KatyCats know it too. I'm sure it must sting.

unnamed.gif

17 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Skinny people: "Being skinny-shamed is the worst, I can't help being so thin! Stop being mean!!!!! It really bothers me from living my privliged skinny life!"
Fat person: "I don't like the way people reduce me to just my weight, me being overweight says nothing about my personality or my health."
Skinny people: "God, toughen up kiddo. Your problems are not the worst."

Being fat does say something about your health tho lol

Archived