💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Gaga: Five Foot Two

shoful

Featured Posts

shoful

Does anyone else think that the documentary title is the cringiest thing ever! Especially these tweets that she keeps posting about being only Five foot two :saladga::toofunny:

"My name is Dita, I'll be your Mistress tonight..."

Edonis

Yeah I don't really know how to feel about the title but maybe she'll elaborate on it's significance more during the actual film rather than just the "People say I'm larger than life, but I'm actually just five foot two" thing she tweeted/said. 

ArtPLAUSE

I like the title, it's original and quirky. Dunno about her tweets as I don't follow her on Twitter

I actually like it and I like her little "I'm known for being larger than life, but really I'm just...#GagaFiveFootTwo" tagline she wrote on twitter.

It's encouraging people not to look at her as this giant superstar, but this 5"2 chick from New York. It's kinda peeling back from the illusion of Gaga being this otherworldly superstar who towers in giant heels and showing us the real person behind the mask and her human struggles. It's also sort of emphasises that it's okay for her to be this 5'2", normal girl with flaws and all - that what's behind the facade isn't something to be ashamed of but is perfectly okay and human. 

It's very fitting I think.

Yuuri
23 minutes ago, Edonis said:

Yeah I don't really know how to feel about the title but maybe she'll elaborate on it's significance more during the actual film rather than just the "People say I'm larger than life, but I'm actually just five foot two" thing she tweeted/said. 

I honestly thought she was an inch shorter. Flop fan.:giveup:

SiliconeMonster

I think it's a super cute title tbh. She's every icon squeezed into a petite lil lady's body.

Find your freedom in the music

ApplauseftAdele

I definitely think that she could have taken 2 routes for the documentary - the "I'm a normal girl" route and the "I'm a generational superstar" route. I obviously think the second would establish her iconiqueness (Imagine : LADY GAGA - DIAMOND HEART / THE DOCUMENTARY :tony::giveup:)  but clearly based on the promos she has been through  a lot so its healthy for her to share with us what she has been going through.

Modern Ecstasy2

The title really doesn't mean that much to me. I think it's cute, but the content is what matters. :madge:

“Delete this thread that person is not Gaga he is a hot blonde twink”

Katie14

The title does sound a little silly i guess? But it fits perfectly with the theme of the documentary. Its about what we perceive Gaga to be (larger than life, fearless, happy) and then who she actually is (short, in pain, depressed, anxious) and how she bridges the two together. 

Ziggy
9 hours ago, ApplauseftAdele said:

I definitely think that she could have taken 2 routes for the documentary - the "I'm a normal girl" route and the "I'm a generational superstar" route. I obviously think the second would establish her iconiqueness (Imagine : LADY GAGA - DIAMOND HEART / THE DOCUMENTARY :tony::giveup:)  but clearly based on the promos she has been through  a lot so its healthy for her to share with us what she has been going through.

I think this could achieve that's iconicness, though. People love Gaga because she screams authenticity. They don't love her for being a goddess like Beyoncé. So I think this fits with her rebranding and how she wants to be seen as an artist. If this ends up being a great documentary I could see this doing wonders for her legacy just as Madonna's Dare did for her. I think the important thing is for your works to be cohesive and genuine authenticity mixed with some old school extravagance is Gaga's schtick in the pop world. No one does it like her and it's consistent regardless of her era. She never feels fake so I think a documentary of this nature makes a lot more sense and works better than if she had one that made her to be this monolithic icon. I think she'd rather deconstruct and analyze the icon (as evidenced by her work with Terry Richardson who is known for his raw behind the scenes-style photography).

Archived