Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

What fuels the EP talks?

bumblebee

Featured Posts

bumblebee

So, this year there has been much talk about some sort of EP Gaga may drop. The talks about an EP have been haunting this fanbase ever since ARTPOP Act II vanished. However, the question that immediately crosses my mind when I hear the EP talks is the following.

Gaga has never ever treated her studio effort as an EP :selena:People may consider The Fame Monster an EP length-wise, but anybody who doubts the artistic originality, the thematic stand-alone nature and the compostion effort of The Fame Monster is slightly biased :interestinga: No to mention that there was a two-year break between The Fame and The Fame Monster, the kind of break which artists normally take to record a new record. So, she always gives an album treatment to all her studio efforts. She takes time to promote them, to tour the new material and to give some songs the single's treatment. Even Cheek to Cheek, which so many people considered to be a side-project, was an album with a tour to follow. So be it electro-pop or jazz or soft rock, she always treats it as a record, as a new album cycle with all the duties that arise.  

So, in your opinion, what makes so many people think that she for some reason will break her attitude and all of a sudden release an EP, which she has never done? :oprah: 

Katsuki Bakugo

Desperation for anothee generic pop bop... she isn't that girl anymore.

If All You Ever Do Is Look Down On People, You Won't Be Able To Recognize Your Own Weaknesses.

I guess she recorded new music with both RedOne and DJWS. It doesn't seem like she just came up with The Cure for Coachella, it was obviously part of some cache. A lot of it was definitely canned ideas for LG5 that became Joanne, but I think there's new music out there she would love to refine—sure. I think it just makes sense too, the way she's treating the Joanne and how it's been more toned down (despite having dark and theatrical visuals on-stage at JWT and Coachella) lends for it to almost be part of a full era, so to speak. 

Used to be on here as broadwaybobby in TFM era

bumblebee
7 minutes ago, bobbby said:

I guess she recorded new music with both RedOne and DJWS. It doesn't seem like she just came up with The Cure for Coachella, it was obviously part of some cache. A lot of it was definitely canned ideas for LG5 that became Joanne, but I think there's new music out there she would love to refine—sure. I think it just makes sense too, the way she's treating the Joanne and how it's been more toned down (despite having dark and theatrical visuals on-stage at JWT and Coachella) lends for it to almost be part of a full era, so to speak. 

She may have recorder a lot of new music with RedOne and DJWS, true. But The Cure, despite the way a lot of people don't want to acknowledge it, lyrically draws a lot of inspiration from the last days days of Sonja, and this song doesn't necessarily imply a new project even though it's a departure from Joanne. 

As for tge visuals on tour - they are surprisingly dark and yes, the have this traditional Gaga undertone to them - again, for all we know, she has been working on tour for a while and maybe she just wanted to have the visuals that way. 

numb the flame

Probably because of the 8 Redone tracks plus at Coachella Gaga said she'd been in the studio for a while. 

bumblebee
9 minutes ago, Melisandre said:

well, we are always thirsty for pop bops :diane: but what puzzles me - even if Gaga decided to serve the pop bops, what makes so many people think she would do it in the EP format? :poot:

Whispering

Fan folklore. It isn't happening!

People need to quit getting pissed off over **** not happening, that they made up anyway.

Luxe Ford

In-depth analysis of macros picturing one of Gaga's kale smoothies.

What happens in Luxe Ford stays in Luxe Ford

Drin Lon
24 minutes ago, Melisandre said:

Imagine saying this after she released The Cure :ladyhaha:

bumblebee
13 minutes ago, Whispering said:

Fan folklore. It isn't happening!

People need to quit getting pissed off over **** not happening, that they made up anyway.

Bedtime horror stories :classy:

MaryJaneHolland
49 minutes ago, Melisandre said:

Has she ever been?

RainingOnMe

There was that incident where she told fans an EP was coming when they saw her in whole foods back in april... :huh:

lost in limbo
10 minutes ago, Radio Pop said:

There was that incident where she told fans an EP was coming when they saw her in whole foods back in april... :huh:

Did it really happen or the fans were high up on Oblivia?

J9thcG9.gif

this is the state of grace, this is the worthwhile fight

mister max

- the 'unreleased 8 redone" songs, I doubt that they even got finished

- The Cure being part of more, however I think it was actually part of ASIB but didnt make the cut

-some fans just not being satisfied with Joanne so they desperatly want other songs

Buy ARTPOP on itunes or smth?

Archived