I have lost all respect for P!nk

bitchimtrying

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Decodekid said:

BURNT 

RkelQ_s-200x150.gif

No one is gonna offend P!nk if front of me

giphy.gif

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Decodekid
Just now, Red said:

No one is gonna offend P!nk if front of me

giphy.gif

just like fire.mp3 :gaycat:

Im Harol don't tell anyone

Hades
25 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

She already collabed with him on her last album and no one kicked up a fuss then. Eminem has changed a lot since those early days. Rap God is probably his last truly problematic rap. In his last album, he pretty much killed off the Slim Shady character and it was all about redemption for past mistakes, especially in the songs Headlights, which is an apology to his mum for bringing her down in his most famous songs, and the very confessional Bad Guy, where he actually admits that he did wrong by making various slurs throughout his career - "I'm the bullies you hate that you became, with every f****t you slaughtered coming back on you, every woman you insult, that with the double standards you have when it comes to your daughters." His Slim Shady persona is where he said most of the offensive stuff and he's moved on since then. I wouldn't be surprised if him and Pink were going to make a very political song together, in light of these current times, something similar to what he did with Rihanna in Love The Way You Lie. I think it'll be interesting, whatever happens.

Always love reading your in depth comments.:applause: That's the real tea. People can change/grow and re-evaluate even their art. I also don't think Eminem has done anything really offensive to the lgbt community outside of past fail raps and slurs. I say let's give the song a chance first.

16 minutes ago, TeenIdle said:

Pop =/= basic :awkney: 

I'm talking about pop CHEESE, not pop

This is basic bordering on Katy Perry-level pop cheese: 

Uh, check my flow, uh. The waiter just took my table and gave to Jessica Simp- (****!). I guess I'll go sit with tomboy, at least he'll know how to hit. What if this song's on the radio, then somebody's gonna die. I'm gonna get in trouble, my ex will start a fight. Na na na na na na na, he's gonna start a fight!!! Na na na na na na na, we're all gonna get in a fight!!!

Right right, turn off the lights, we gonna lose our minds tonight. What's the dealio? I love when it's all too much, Five a.m. turn the radio up, Where's the rock and roll? Party crasher, Panty snatcher, Call me up if you want a gangsta. Don't be fancy, just get dancy. Why so serious?

This is not: 

I'll be a girl backstage at your show, velvet ropes and guitars. Yeah, 'cause you're my rockstar... in between the sets, eyeliner and cigarettes. Shadow is burnt, yellow dance and we turn. My lashes are dry, purple teardrops I cry. It don't have a price, loving you is cherry pie

Even Gaga's shallow party songs have artistic lyrical depth: 

Wish I could shut my playboy mouth, how'd I turn my shirt inside out? (inside out, right) Control your poison babe, roses have thorns they say. And were all gettin' hosed tonight. What's goin' on on the floor? I love this record baby, but I can't see straight anymore. Keep it cool, what's the name of this club? I can't remember, but its alright. I'm alright

CautiousLurker

To add to what most people on here said, if a person said something stupid, or a string of stupid things, that doesn't automatically make them anti-gay, nor does it mean they are completely void of good qualities... From what I can recall, Eminem is a stand-up guy... 

Eminem ain't homophobic, damn when will this **** stop? 🙄

My straight best friend calls me ******* and no one would call him a homophobic, it's just Eminems music, he never said anything against gays in an interview or something. 

And if Pink collabs with him then because of the music or the money and not because she shares his opinion on homosexuals. Bye girl, get sum fukk:saladga: 

TeenIdle
7 minutes ago, Buddy said:

I'm talking about pop CHEESE, not pop

This is basic bordering on Katy Perry-level pop cheese: 

Uh, check my flow, uh. The waiter just took my table and gave to Jessica Simp- (****!). I guess I'll go sit with tomboy, at least he'll know how to hit. What if this song's on the radio, then somebody's gonna die. I'm gonna get in trouble, my ex will start a fight. Na na na na na na na, he's gonna start a fight!!! Na na na na na na na, we're all gonna get in a fight!!!

Right right, turn off the lights, we gonna lose our minds tonight. What's the dealio? I love when it's all too much, Five a.m. turn the radio up, Where's the rock and roll? Party crasher, Panty snatcher, Call me up if you want a gangsta. Don't be fancy, just get dancy. Why so serious?

This is not: 

I'll be a girl backstage at your show, velvet ropes and guitars. Yeah, 'cause you're my rockstar... in between the sets, eyeliner and cigarettes. Shadow is burnt, yellow dance and we turn. My lashes are dry, purple teardrops I cry. It don't have a price, loving you is cherry pie

Even Gaga's shallow party songs have artistic lyrical depth: 

Wish I could shut my playboy mouth, how'd I turn my shirt inside out? (inside out, right) Control your poison babe, roses have thorns they say. And were all gettin' hosed tonight. What's goin' on on the floor? I love this record baby, but I can't see straight anymore. Keep it cool, what's the name of this club? I can't remember, but its alright. I'm alright

Just a second
It's my favorite song they're gonna play
And I cannot text you with
A drink in my hand, eh
You shoulda made some plans with me
You knew that I was free
And now you won't stop calling me
I'm kinda busy

Sorry but these are double standards.

Born To Slay
Just now, TeenIdle said:

Just a second
A drink in my hand, eh
You knew that I was free
I'm kinda busy

Telephone is deeply artistic wtf

TeenIdle
Just now, Born To Slay said:

Telephone is deeply artistic wtf

The video is :lolly: The song is incredible but nowhere near artistic 

ryanripley
2 minutes ago, TeenIdle said:

The video is :lolly: The song is incredible but nowhere near artistic 

how is it not when you take into aspect the meaning of the song? :oprah: 

https://goo.gl/xMgMvJ

StrawberryBlond

I'd also like to add that plenty of straight men can make gay jokes but actually be completely fine with homosexuality and all other orientations. They tell the joke in a satirical, self-deprecating way, especially if it's a joke involving the possibility of them being gay. It just depends on what brand of humour you subscribe to. Plenty of straight women also make jokes about being into women as a way of showing that sexuality doesn't need a label, it's not set in stone. It's not about mocking, it's about support. But again, not everyone finds the same stuff funny.

Also, if we all cut ties with and refused to work with anyone or any institution/organisation that had ever displayed any problematic views, we'd be totally alone, with no friends and family. No one's perfect and you can't live a life completely avoiding any kind of problematic people. We were meant to get along, communicate and work through issues, not divide ourselves as "them" and "us." I'm a feminist and if I refused to associate with anyone who'd ever said anything sexist, I'd have no one but me, myself and I in this world (and maybe not even myself because I've been guilty of that in the past and perhaps still have some lingering bias). Not every piece of problematic behaviour is extreme, a tragedy or something never to be forgiven.

1 hour ago, bitchimtrying said:

There is allegedly a P!nk and Eminem collaboration on the way. I don't understand how artists who claim to be allies to the LGBT+ community can work with known homophobes like this and still be successful. How could she do this to her fans? How could she stand onstage at events like the HRC and accept an award for 'Ally for Equality' and then collaborate with someone who has known homophobic values, raps about beating and killing lgbt people and also uses gay slurs. If this is real then I will have lost all respect for her. The audacity to cultivate a fanbase and have them spend money on her products and music to then decide to work with someone like this. I'm so aggravated. **** her. 

you have to be the dumbest member ive seen on here.

eminem is not a homophobe.

its called provoking.

he said many times that he is not homophobic

also not you trying to drag king eminem

get a grip and leave your bubblegum poomusic world for once

dumb fool

TeenIdle
6 minutes ago, ryanripley said:

how is it not when you take into aspect the meaning of the song? :oprah: 

BTW has a deep meaning. MTN has a deep meaning. Telephone is a party song presented in an artistic way. I'm very off-topic at this point but my point was that every pop star has made party songs. No one is quoting 'Try' or 'Dear Mr. President' :shrug:

16 minutes ago, TeenIdle said:

Just a second
A drink in my hand, eh
You knew that I was free
I'm kinda busy

Telephone is about the fear of suffocation wyd :grr: Lol but in all seriousness the lyrics of Telephone have very little depth (it was written for Britney after all :selena:) and I admit, pop songs don't always need to have lyrical depth to be effective

However, as basic as Telephone is, there is no cheese to it what so ever. It's not corny. P!nk's biggest songs, to me, are Last-Friday-Night-by-Katy Perry-style cheese. The only difference is she would you beat you up and Katy wouldn't

Though, she does have a lot of amazing songs with lyrical depth, like Who Knew (a classic), Try, and Dear Mr. President to name a few

Her new song is great melodically and her singing is exceptional, but lyrically she didn't even try which agitates me because it could've been fantastic if she did

Archived