💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

"Black Twitter" Wants Gaga to pay Takiya Thompson's legal fees

merlot

Featured Posts

Whispering
46 minutes ago, SISTERV said:

Oh please. I said over and over again last year I was playing devil's advocate. And yes......I did end up voting for Trump. And I honestly think I made a better decision. He might be making little oopsies here and there left and right, hurting people's feelings...but the economy is doing the best it has in two decades. There's an actual attempt to fix the VA. There is an attempt to fix the broken tax system. Our country is safer because our military is getting better funding in the first place and they aren't going over with drones and killing innocent people (ahem Obama). We aren't allowing TPP to happen. Wages are going up by themselves because companies need people to work again. We actually have a president that won't play nice with a ****ing terrorist dictator and a douchebag missile happy communist.

So yes....I'm glad.

Am I happy with some of his weirdly questionable racist bullshit? **** no. Am I happy with the trans policy? **** no.

But that doesn't affect my bills, my budget, my family, or my future. And I'm sorry....my bills, my budget, my family, and my future are far more concerning to me than whether some twitter troll is famous off of being a needy bitch.

And there it is. (Just like your leader, you feel right back into it, lol) See, you supported him, voted for him and still support him. Stop lying and saying you didn't. You backed a racist and still do. 

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SiliconeMonster

Literally wtf. I wish they'd stop trying to create villains out of people who have good intentions

Find your freedom in the music

AshIey
14 hours ago, Bebe said:

I don't see this as dragging or mocking her :huh: 

Like - She asked how she could be a stronger ally, Myles genuinely believes that she could be a strong ally to POC by paying the legal fees of this black woman who he genuinely sees as a brave person facing the brunt of the law for doing what is morally right. She could use her enormous privilege to help someone without privilege.

Takiya Thompson is someone without the money to properly defend herself, Gaga has the money and to her it would be very little. Gaga asked how she can help, this is one way she could use her privilege to help.

You can disagree with his position, but it's a reach to call it a 'drag'... Like it's legitimate advice lol.

This is needlessly rude, though. It seems like he almost doesn't want Gaga to pay Takiya's legal fees just so he can be like "look I told you she wouldn't do it!". He has no right to accuse Gaga of ignoring the tweet (and implying she doesn't care). She's a busy woman with a life, she may have not seen it yet.

And even if she had seen it and wanted to help Takiya financially, it takes more than a day to make that happen. He obviously just wants to drag her.

1 minute ago, modern ecstasy said:

This is needlessly rude, though. It seems like he almost doesn't want Gaga to pay Takiya's legal fees just so he can be like "look I told you she wouldn't do it!". He has no right to accuse Gaga of ignoring the tweet (and implying she doesn't care). She's a busy woman with a life, she may have not seen it yet.

And even if she had seen it and wanted to help Takiya financially, it takes more than a day to make that happen. He obviously just wants to drag her.

I'd be cautious of saying "he obviously just wants to drag her" when his entire timeline is basically him arguing about social issues and providing links to crowdfunding to help people like Takiya Thompson or people attacked in Charlottesville.

That tweet seems presumptuous, but not worth any huge uproar about anything.  

AshIey
5 minutes ago, Bebe said:

I'd be cautious of saying "he obviously just wants to drag her" when his entire timeline is basically him arguing about social issues and providing links to crowdfunding to help people like Takiya Thompson or people attacked in Charlottesville.

That tweet seems presumptuous, but not worth any huge uproar about anything.  

What would be the reason for that tweet if not to show her in a negative light then?  Why be presumptuous about someone that is trying to help and be on your side? I'm not calling for an uproar it just doesn't make sense.

skaxboy

That Twitter user who posted that sure seems like an unhappy person. Most of her tweets have some sort of negativity. How can one person be so pissed all the time? Bless their heart. 

4 minutes ago, modern ecstasy said:

What would be the reason for that tweet if not to show her in a negative light then?  Why be presumptuous about someone that is trying to help and be on your side? I'm not calling for an uproar it just doesn't make sense.

It would seem to me like he would genuinely appreciated and respected it if Gaga donated... I'm sure he was skeptical of her doing anything - which that tweet implies, but she did ask what she could do, so he responded.

I don't knock him for being skeptical she would donate, but it seems obvious to me that his point is greater than "Lol, maybe I can trick Gaga and drag ha!!"

I'm not accusing you of calling for an uproar, I'm just trying to point out that the response to these innocuous tweets seems overblown. 

AshIey
5 minutes ago, Bebe said:

It would seem to me like he would genuinely appreciated and respected it if Gaga donated... I'm sure he was skeptical of her doing anything - which that tweet implies, but she did ask what she could do, so he responded.

I don't knock him for being skeptical she would donate, but it seems obvious to me that his point is greater than "Lol, maybe I can trick Gaga and drag ha!!"

I'm not accusing you of calling for an uproar, I'm just trying to point out that the response to these innocuous tweets seems overblown. 

Gaga has always fought for equal rights throughout her entire career, she's not fake, so I don't understand why he would be skeptical I guess. Maybe he should've done his research on her some more.

Morphine Prince
2 hours ago, SISTERV said:

I never once said that I supported Trump as POTUS. I constantly played devil's advocate on a website that was ridiculously lenient on a selfish lying murdering lunatic named Hillary Clinton. 

The only candidate I ever supported out loud was Bernie. When he fell off, I agreed more with Trump's POLICIES, NOT RHETORIC. 

Hillary would have been devastating. I truly believe that. TPP would have crumbled the middle class and her foreign policy would have led to far more terrorist attacks. 

God bless you. 

1 minute ago, modern ecstasy said:

Gaga has always fought for equal rights throughout her entire career, she's not fake, so I don't understand why he would be skeptical I guess. Maybe he should've done his research on her some more.

Yeah, but there has been a limit to this radical progressivism that she tries to spread. She said herself that she wants to learn to be a better ally, she asked the black community how to be a better ally, Myles responded.

Despite her record of fighting for equal rights for LGBT people and for her past tweets supporting BLM and condemning police violence - I'm also skeptical of her supporting the legal fight of Takiya Thompsons :shrug:

So I don't blame him for being skeptical of that either - but as mentioned, regardless of his skepticism, she asked how she could be a better ally. He responded, can't fault him for that even if he is skeptical that she will actually act in such a radical way.

Gagaloo911

Twitter is the poorest excuse of a social media site I've ever seen.

Mostly scum and people who only know things by being presumptuous, arrogant and/or ignorant/misinformed. 

AshIey
6 minutes ago, Bebe said:

Yeah, but there has been a limit to this radical progressivism that she tries to spread. She said herself that she wants to learn to be a better ally, she asked the black community how to be a better ally, Myles responded.

Despite her record of fighting for equal rights for LGBT people and for her past tweets supporting BLM and condemning police violence - I'm also skeptical of her supporting the legal fight of Takiya Thompsons :shrug:

So I don't blame him for being skeptical of that either - but as mentioned, regardless of his skepticism, she asked how she could be a better ally. He responded, can't fault him for that even if he is skeptical that she will actually act in such a radical way.

What do you mean by limit exactly?

And you keep repeating that he just responded, I know lol. I never faulted him for that at all.

DeleteMyAccount

I've been laying low on this lately. The only conversations I've had with people responding to Gaga's tweet failed to get past the question itself. People either had a problem with Gaga "loving" the black community, had a problem with Gaga asking the black community to educate her, and someone flat out telling me that white people needed to stay away from black culture and black women(apparently that's a thing because I see this response a lot). And I know these opinions aren't a reflection of the whole community, but still. I'm starting to get discouraged by even letting my voice be heard. That doesn't mean I won't keep fighting for equity, but seriously....

22 minutes ago, modern ecstasy said:

What do you mean by limit exactly?

And you keep repeating that he just responded, I know lol. I never faulted him for that at all.

There have been times when she has watered down more radical progressive messages. It's one thing to say you support the LGBT community or BLM, but it's another thing to get into more gritty and more controversial details. 

There have also been times when she hasn't really been spot on with her advocacy. I mean Born This Way “no matter black, white, or beige/ chola or Orient-made” received criticism for it's use of racial slurs. She has appropriated and sexualised many religious or culturally important clothes. 

There is even that infamous photo of her posing with two fans in blackface - that's hardly some radical progressive action from her there... She didn't stand up to that...

I don't want to turn this into Gaga bashing, because now I know I'm just going to get a bunch of replies from people like "I can't believe you are insinuating Gaga is a racist!" or defending her past words and actions.

I think Gaga is a good person, I think she is kind, I think she has done great things for the LGBT community, I think she has been brave in her advocacy - but she isn't perfect and she doesn't often stray much further from this kind of safe place of advocacy.

first of all the response is a joke but the point is it is not the responsibility of the black community to educate white people on how they can dismantle white supremacy - POC are the victims , not white people trying to distance themselves from their own system of power

i dont feel sorry for gaga at all if shes going to preach white liberalism she will deal with the backlash its that simple

Archived