💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Joanne World Tour Opening Night

AIex

Featured Posts

MaryJaneMuggler
1 minute ago, TheEdgeof96 said:

Okay, this. I LOVED the show, but I hated MR as the closing song. I went by myself to the show and recently had a toxic relationship with my best friend/FWB/exboyfriend end, and MR always reminds me of him. Ending the show with such a sad song really dampened the night for me. It was an amazing performance, but The Cure would've been a better closing song tbh. End the show more positively

I was there too, and I agree. I wish she had closed with a different song, but nonetheless is was an amazing show!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheEdgeof96
Just now, MaryJaneMuggler said:

I was there too, and I agree. I wish she had closed with a different song, but nonetheless is was an amazing show!

One of my friends from high school died in a car crash the morning before the show so TEOG got me emotional and then ending with MR... the feels were real last night :cryga:

MaryJaneMuggler
Just now, TheEdgeof96 said:

One of my friends from high school died in a car crash the morning before the show so TEOG got me emotional and then ending with MR... the feels were real last night :cryga:

I'm so sorry to hear that :( , rest in peace to your friend. Your friend was one of the flashing stars in the crowd along with Joanne. Did you go to high school in vancouver?

Rageandlove187

Did anyone notice she sang the 2nd verse of "Bad Romance" twice? Besides that, the show was flawless for the first stop of the tour.

WildAmerican
Just now, Rageandlove187 said:

Did anyone notice she sang the 2nd verse of "Bad Romance" twice? Besides that, the show was flawless for the first stop of the tour.

She messed up the lyrics.

to her most iconic song.

2IaFCzR.gif

Miel
2 hours ago, ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY said:

So from what I saw (I didn't look too much to be surprised for my show in NY even though I'm not even sure it's going to be the same 😡) it really looks amazing. Visuals, lighting, and stage are def her best yet.  As much as I love bloody Mary though, I'm really surprised she chose that over an ARTPOP song or even sinners prayer. Maybe because she sang Venus & Sexxx Dreams at Coachella she feels she did it justice? 

I do have to be honest though, ever since the first dive bar tour and the arrangement she had for sinners prayer I've been dying for her to bring that back on tour. The album version is OK, but I feel like the song is so much better with the way she sang it slower during the first dive bar. I'm really bummed that that's not on the set list 

I always imagined the opening to go from Sinner's Prayer, like the Dive Bar in Nashville, and then Diamond Heart. Imagine that omg

3 points in and ready for more

053Timo
24 minutes ago, Miel said:

I always imagined the opening to go from Sinner's Prayer, like the Dive Bar in Nashville, and then Diamond Heart. Imagine that omg

I think A-YO is the best opening "HEEEEERE WE GO!!"

Saint Hollywood
46 minutes ago, sexfashionfame said:

Can someone *please quote me with the DIC gif :poot:

voC7j68.gif

geopang

Can we talk about these vocals she is serving? The most flawless vocals she's given in a while!

Irrelevant
1 hour ago, Saint Hollywood said:

voC7j68.gif

thats like the only gif we have achieved? :selena:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Sister
4 hours ago, HMLover said:

On what grounds is it too short or small? It's 2 hours, which is absolutely standard and expected for concerts, and it's 22 songs with several interludes. She also does almost all of the songs in their full studio version format rather than doing what she's done on previous tours and perform segments of like 4 minute medleys of 3 songs that contain only one verse and chorus . The Monster Ball was 20 songs. 

It just seems more like business than pleasure. This is the first show and first impression of it. I am sure that it is a different monster whilst being there live.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

somnambulist
3 hours ago, Katie14 said:

I just wish the show had more of a story. Or maybe it does but I just cant tell from the low quality livestream videos. 

I'm not a fan of stories during a concert, I want to hear music, and maybe a few interludes, not gimmicks. 

I know very little about the show (haven't seen any of the interludes and I barely know the outfits ) but my ONLY criticism so far is ending on MR.

Marry the night would be the perfect closer , especially acoustic. The "the niiiiighhhhttttt" parts at the end sound amazing live and leaving on that note would make my entire night.

Phaye Monster
3 hours ago, TheEdgeof96 said:

At least you got to see Gaga:hug:

The Joanne tour is the sort of tour where everyone can grieve and heal, so you're lucky to have been there

I'm an ARTPOP bitch, baby

Chuckles

I slept 1 hour before the livestream ended, it's incredible how many times it unfocused :saladga:

Archived