Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

No VMA noms again?

ezrajones

Featured Posts

YeehawKylie
Just now, Bradley said:

Anyway, the video still lacks visuals and the VMAs might not have nominated it because of that. Then there's the visually-packed John Wayne which is not an official single at all.

Pretty much my point. But to add, critics weren't overtly negative about Million Reasons' video, but that doesn't mean it's not widely viewed as her weakest video. Doesn't mean it's bad or they hate it. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheRoof
4 minutes ago, Talent said:

This is nominated for Best Pop Video. 

MESS

Bradley
6 minutes ago, littlemonsterL5 said:

Erm, no 

john Wayne ended ur life same with PI and MR was cute so bye bey or Rih or kety Stan :bye:

John Wayne is not a single and is not promoted at all.

The VMAs won't nominate a song that radios and audience barely know.

The Cure is quite popular but it doesn't have a video. Million Reasons is the most popular but its video lacks visuals. For some reason, they decided to snub Perfect Illusion too.

Also Gaga won't be able to attend the ceremony this year and they don't like winning artists to record thank-you speeches. They want artists to receive the trophy in person and Gaga won't be able to do that this year so that contributed to her lack of nominations.

YeehawKylie
2 minutes ago, Talent said:

This is nominated for Best Pop Video. 22M views. One of the biggest flops of the year. 

Yes, and they won a VMA back in 2014 for no reason. Hence why I used the term 'popularity contest'. FH has dedicated fans. Your point was? 

Bradley
10 minutes ago, kvnrp said:

:neyde:

sis, Joanne has it all, the GP is just not here for any pop girl atm

How is John Wayne getting nominated when it's not a single? Guys be realistic.

arthurhmangum

VMAS are trash, anyways. Gaga stays unbothered with her Emmys, and her soon to be Grammy nominations for Joanne. 

n0Ucy8L.gif

Stressed, depressed, but well dressed.

kvnrp
Just now, Bradley said:

How is John Wayne getting nominated when it's not a single? Guys be realistic.

Do they have to be a single to be nominated?

DeanWinchester
4 minutes ago, pedrohemg said:

When will they announce who will receive the Vanguard?

Idk

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Talent
2 minutes ago, IndieKylie said:

Yes, and they won a VMA back in 2014 for no reason. Hence why I used the term 'popularity contest'. FH has dedicated fans. Your point was? 

"I don't think videos that struggle to reach the 100M mark on Vevo really stand much of a chance..." That was my point. 

Honey, Gaga or not, these nominations are A MESS and don't make any sense. lololol There's no justification for it. 

🔵 - Banned because I quoted a stupid meme. Literally. So, yeah.

I'm upset but at the same time she didn't release any good videos:toofunny: except for John Wayne 

arthurhmangum

Miss Stefani might've been snubbed at the VMAS, but she is coming for those Grammys, though. 

katyperrycrycry.gif

Stressed, depressed, but well dressed.

Bradley
1 minute ago, kvnrp said:

Do they have to be a single to be nominated?

No but it has to be popular?

Fame IV
26 minutes ago, gagagoogoose said:

I am lowkey glad to see her without noms. 

This VMA will be the lowest rated/viewed of all-time.

The nominations are questionable and 80% of the videos are borderline tragic.

It's best for Gaga to stay as far away from this mess as possible.

Exacly

A Star is Born ⭐

Saint Hollywood

If Down received a few nominations, then Million Reasons should have gotten some as well. :whitney:

YeehawKylie
Just now, Talent said:

"I don't think videos that struggle to reach the 100M mark on Vevo really stand much of a chance..." That was my point. 

Honey, Gaga or not, these nominations are A MESS and don't make any sense. lololol 

Yes, but I didn't mean they stand 'no chance'. The teeny boppers have immense power. :madge:

And the nominations are a joke. I'm glad Alessia Cara is getting recognition after getting shut out of the Grammys this year, but let's not pretend music videos are her strong suit...

Anyways, the show will be as awful as last year, probably. They've gotten so lazy. A show that used to be somewhat innovative, on a channel that used to highlight and celebrate new talent, just sticks to the same old same old. Last year we got another 15-minute Beyonce set, the Rihanna Vanguard performances, Britney Spears, and The Chainsmokers. While up-and-comers Tove Lo, Alessia Cara, Troye Sivan, and Bebe Rexha (all people with new material out) we on the sidelines. I don't get it...but doubt this year will be much different. 

Archived