💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

NEW SONG: "I wanna be a star" | My Music

Ashes

Featured Posts

Sorry for asking so many questions, but how do you start writing chords? I usually sit down at the piano and just play around until I find a progression that I like, but it's not so effective.. tips?

In my personal opinion there's no easy/quick way to become good at this.

* Learn to play songs by other popular artists and see which chord progressions are the most commonly used. Playing classics is not a bad thing too. The point of it is the more stuff you play, the more you start noticing the technical side of building songs.

* Research scales and chord progressions. There are TONS of videos on youtube explaining the basics of songwriting and showing how to come up with melodies & chord progressions. There are also lists of the most popular of chord progressions.

* Keep writing stuff and practicing. The more you write & practice your skills, the better you become. Discussing is nice, but it's not gonna get you anywhere without practice.

And that's pretty much all I can suggest :)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i Love the Lady

Thank you. :blush:

* Recording & assembling vocals - Sony Vegas

* Vocal compression, FX, EQ - FL Studio (Warmberb, lots of stuff by Waves, some standard stuff by FL)

* Instrumentals - FL Studio (Sylenth1, Absynth 5, TruePianos, Gladiator, Autogun, Harmless, PoiZone, Sawer, Sytrus; Maximus for masteting)

I don't have a specific formula/routine for applying effects, I just try things out as I go and see if they work or not.

Wow!! Do the instruments you use in Fl Studio come with it or do you have to download them? And are they free?

Wow!! Do the instruments you use in Fl Studio come with it or do you have to download them? And are they free?

Nope, some of them don't come with standard FL, you either have to buy them or download/pirate them. I bought some of them, the other ones I just downloaded.

Hey do you know any good drum/hat/snare sample packs? The ones that come with FL suck and when I tried searching for free noncommercial ones online myself, I didn't really find any good ones...

Hey do you know any good drum/hat/snare sample packs? The ones that come with FL suck and when I tried searching for free noncommercial ones online myself, I didn't really find any good ones...

I don't know any free drum packs, but I am sure they exist although it'll probably take some time to find the good ones. I use packs by Vengeance.

how loud should the vocals be compared to the beat?

Emmm... no idea. Google it? I'm not sure if the correct answer even exists. :D

Just use your hearing when you adjust the volumes in your mix. Also you can compare it to other songs to see if the levels of the music/vocals are similar.

Did you buy them? All this stuff is too expensive.

Not all of them. I bought half of the stuff I have. I have 5 sample packs by Vengeance and I'm pretty sure that I just downloaded 2 or 3 of them.

I actually have one free sample pack by some Dj, I'll try to find a link.

Couldn't find the link, so I just uploaded the pack to mediafire, here you go:

http://www.mediafire.com/?n4b9yp14nuruamd

DimitriLGCollector

I just heard The Factory : I'm really impressed. The song makes me wanting to go on the danceloor, getting drunk, dancing and kissing the first mouth I see. The voices are really attracting.

I Really love it. <3

OMFG

The Factory is fierce and amazing! The only thing to criticize is I can't really understand the lyrics, they are kind of mumbled.

omgomg lovelovelove! btw you're hot

OMFG

The Factory is fierce and amazing! The only thing to criticize is I can't really understand the lyrics, they are kind of mumbled.

omgomg lovelovelove! btw you're hot

Really? Oh, well, maybe that's true, I can't really tell, because the words don't sound that muffled to me.. but that's probably because I know them. :lol:

*We’re moving slowly, hand in hand

As they watch our every step

It looks like we’re unwelcome here

But what makes you think that I care?

Cause I don’t give a damn, give a damn

(Let them stare) I’m not letting go, so beware

(Let them stare) I’m ready to fire back

The mannequins are protecting their factory

We are a danger to them

Fake shine and smiles

Oh, nothing seems to matter to me

Cause now I’ve got you

*I’ll pull you closer, hold you tight

Even though they whisper that it’s wrong

Won’t stop, and as the lightning strikes

More heads are turning, feels so right

And I’d do it again, it again

(Make them stare) They better stay out of my way

(Make them stare) I’m ready to fire back

We are a danger to them

Fake shine and smiles

Cause now I’ve got you (And it feels so right)

We are a danger to them

Fake shine and smiles

Cause now I’ve got you

Oh, yes, I know what they are thinking (thinking)

We are too human to fit in (fit in)

We breathe, we think, we feel, and they can’t change us

And we know, yeah, we know...

*CHORUSx2

And it feels so right

Cause now I’ve got you

Feels so right, feels so right...

I love The Factory, I'm obsessed with it :wub:

I just heard The Factory : I'm really impressed. The song makes me wanting to go on the danceloor, getting drunk, dancing and kissing the first mouth I see. The voices are really attracting.

I Really love it. <3

Thanks, guys. :party::hug:

I'm getting a studio mic on my birthday, so I'll get to recording other songs pretty soon.

Archived