• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GlitterGrease

• Chucky

• ALX

• Lum

Top Posters In This Topic

Mister G

Oh wow, I could not agree with u more. I fear of writing things llike this on here or any Madonna board, because I'm considered a hater, when in reality, I'm one of the biggest Madonna fans ever, but I can't tell u how much I agree with ur post. Everything how I feel is in this post. Thank u.

I've been vocal of my likes of MDNA plenty of times.

But honestly, I have more dislikes.

The album was released less than 5 months ago, and I find little material re-listenable.

I'm allowed my likes and dislikes and still be a Madonna fan, thank u. :)

:legend:

Gaga does both. :teehee:

:tea:

I find it odd how this place is considered Madonnadaily to some.

You're quite welcome bud. There's a very fond difference between criticizing someone on a personal level, and critiquing and criticizing constructively which is what I think people tend to misinterpret as "shade" or "hate." First and foremost, I don't feel as though people understand that Madonna usually goes all out with her videos for just about any song. Think back videos such as for American Pie and how well produced that was portraying what WE all say as American Life--the American Pie. Think back to Power of Goodbye and how the lighting and tone of that video expressed the mood of the song and the emotion behind.

My point is that each video delivered something that impacted the world culturally. MDNA doesn't have material that is replayable or re-listenable. Clubs aren't even playing her songs as much anymore, or for that matter at least nothing from MDNA. Everytime I go out somewhere to a bar or club with music playing, if Madonna comes on it's generally either 4 Minutes with JT OR something from an older album. This is her 12th studio album; there's no reason why she shouldn't deliver the way she has in the past.

Edited by Mister G

Everyone saying Gaga copied Madonna again with her perfume ad.....

Lady_Gaga_Fame_perfumecut.jpg

Gaga's ad was shot in February. Madonna's commercial was shot in March. As for other comparisons, why are we not freaking out over Gaga totally ripping off Batman and Gulliver's Travels?

As for the Turn Up The Radio video, it's okay, I guess? :shrug:

Gaga does both. :teehee:

I dont know. I wish Gaga had spent more time on her tour or at least hired better people to help her construct it. I had high hopes for what she would come up with for it and to say I am let down BIG time is an understatement. Between the cheap looking costumes, the awful dancing, (Gaga is getting worse as a dancer instead of better which I find weird) the cheap looking hair pieces that seem to simply be thrown on her, and that cardboard castle, I honestly dont know what she and her team were thinking.

Maybe I was expecting too much.

Phlop

The video is too similar to "Sorry" (her picking up random people and dancing), except "Sorry" did it better and had a better attitude. TUTR video is really boring, but the color scheme is really nice though...has like an instagram feel to it :smh: ...

BYE

You're quite welcome bud. There's a very fond difference between criticizing someone on a personal level, and critiquing and criticizing constructively which is what I think people tend to misinterpret as "shade" or "hate." First and foremost, I don't feel as though people understand that Madonna usually goes all out with her videos for just about any song. Think back videos such as for American Pie and how well produced that was portraying what WE all say as American Life--the American Pie. Think back to Power of Goodbye and how the lighting and tone of that video expressed the mood of the song and the emotion behind.

My point is that each video delivered something that impacted the world culturally. MDNA doesn't have material that is replayable or re-listenable. Clubs aren't even playing her songs as much anymore, or for that matter at least nothing from MDNA. Everytime I go out somewhere to a bar or club with music playing, if Madonna comes on it's generally either 4 Minutes with JT OR something from an older album. This is her 12th studio album; there's no reason why she shouldn't deliver the way she has in the past.

I really appreciate your post. :hug:

IMO, with how critical I am of Madonna's recent work in the past 4 years only showcases how passionate of a fan I am. I've followed her since I was 5 years old and more hardcore as a fan in my teens.

I don't expect her to deliver an epic album each and everytime, but I can sense an uninspired project when I see/hear it and MDNA is just that. It's uninspired.

Hard Candy is a better album than MDNA. :tea: Regardless of how opininated I've been about HC, I did play that album non stop for about a year. I've played MDNA maybe a month and that was it.

Edited by magicmikey

Guest theFuture

Are people seriously trying to find yet again similarities between Madonna and Gaga's perfume ads? Oh dear...

I'm wondering if Madonna holds a patent for black-and-white shots plus golden font used in advertisings.

I dont know. I wish Gaga had spent more time on her tour or at least hired better people to help her construct it. I had high hopes for what she would come up with for it and to say I am let down BIG time is an understatement. Between the cheap looking costumes, the awful dancing, (Gaga is getting worse as a dancer instead of better which I find weird) the cheap looking hair pieces that seem to simply be thrown on her, and that cardboard castle, I honestly dont know what she and her team were thinking.

I like the castle. :shrug:

I agree about some of the dancing I've seen. She needs a new choreographer. :tea:

Guest theFuture

I like the castle. :shrug:

I agree about some of the dancing I've seen. She needs a new choreographer. :tea:

Off-topic but need to say this! :dies:

When have you become magical? I mean, name-wise... :grin: :dies::hug:

Why the **** get all of the good smilies deleted?

Edited by theFuture

Off-topic but need to say this! :dies:

When have you become magical? I mean, name-wise... :grin: :dies::hug:

Just felt like a name change and picked something generic and commercial. :laughga:

Guest theFuture

Just felt like a name change and picked something generic and commercial. :laughga:

Should have been... Magicey.

Ridiculous, I know.

Mister G

I like magicmikey ;-)

ceminay

Am I the only one that thinks MDNA sounds undone, the songs sound like demos? :confuse:

I've never seen this! She's crying. :(

PopBitch

I feel the same way as you on all counts. Some of her outfits, looks, and choreography seems uninspired, but some are really great. And if she didn't have any of the amazingly catchy and energetic The Fame/Fame Monster songs in there interspersed I think the concert would be flat. Many great songs, though I'm not a BTW fan per se, love some, some I will suffer through, and really great singing by Gaga will still make me go and dance myself into the ground..

It's the opposite for Madonna. My least favorite song set from her. The song selection is fine and I enjoy all of the songs for the most part but it's missing something. A few more older songs added in would knock the show out of the park, though. It's her performances, some really great choreograpy, and the whole dramatic artistic feel of the concert and set design is what makes me lreally ooking forward to the show. It's just a really nicely put together show.

Edited by PopBitch

Am I the only one that thinks MDNA sounds undone, the songs sound like demos? :confuse:

I've never seen this! She's crying. :(

glitterandgrease feels the same.

Gaga's perfume add looks so s-xy. It looks like a bunch of tiny Alejendro's crawling on her. :legend: