💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Singers, Songwriters, Producers - share YOUR music here!

Harry

S/S/P Thread  

113 members have voted

1. 1. What is your specialty?

• I'm a singer
    • I'm a music writer / poet
    • I'm a music producer

Featured Posts

Mariano

I have no vocal ability, but every time a very catchy tune pops out of my head, I record it instantly. I have dozens of hummed tunes in my phone. I planned on making them into songs but I just can't write lyrics because I ain't very well versed in the English language.

My question is, what do guys do first in writing music? Did you start creating melodies first and then create lyrics to match those tunes? or you start with a well written lyrics and then try to create melodies that will fit with these lyrics?

I am planning on trying to produce music as a hobby. I tried using FL studio but it's really difficult to maneuver for an amateur, frustrated music producer like me. I don't know where to start. 

I actually write lyrics and while writing them I "Invent" a melody and sing them with the melody but I can't produce music :( 

"I tried to retaliate these cells

But my tissues and organs couldnt repel

The poison injected in my body

Got me feeling hyperactive and naughty"

Part of a song I finished sometime ago. Is it nice?

And @Feedmediamonds

No ! Lol they r written not recorded

This sounds like it's about cancer and s-x?

I actually write lyrics and while writing them I "Invent" a melody and sing them with the melody but I can't produce music :(

This is similar to me. Sometimes I write just poetry and apply a melody as I progress, but my best songs are the ones that spontaneously pop into my head. I cannot produce music for the life of me tho

Didymus

I love the atmosphere of it, but I don't like the rhyming. Reads a little: "Hmm.. what could rhyme to 'down'.. 'town?'"

I say: ditch the rhyming and make it raw. But yeah, that's just my personal taste of course.

But again: I love the feel of it. I believe it :hug:

Jjang

Are you Chuck Grant ? 

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I love the atmosphere of it, but I don't like the rhyming. Reads a little: "Hmm.. what could rhyme to 'down'.. 'town?'"

I say: ditch the rhyming and make it raw. But yeah, that's just my personal taste of course.

But again: I love the feel of it. I believe it :hug:

It's a a ballad but has a lot of fast-talking parts,Like for example Lana's 'Carmen' " She says you don't wanna be like me" parts. :) So rhyming is needed here.

But thanks for the comment :hug:

Edited by Jjang

Jjang

I like it! Sounds like a ballad in my mind :)

It's,Kind of ;)

I read the whole thing as you singing it in a Lana Del Rey voice

+ I loved every minute.

:heart: :unicorn::pawsup:

Lana is a big inspiration of mine,Thanks a lot :pawsup:

Something I've been doing this week is I've been creating fictional scenes in my mind and then writing a song about them. It's worked well so far. My songwriting has changed because of it, for the better or worse