Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

RESULTS - HBHBHB Megarate NOW

tomsches

Featured Posts

OliverViennese
3 minutes ago, tomsches said:

Sorry King Elizabitch and Theodore, but your faves are OUT. Now, sashay away.

www.shadebutton.com

2 minutes ago, tomsches said:

Confession:

I had never heard this song before I did this megarate

Make Up Your Mind or Which Witch? 

https://www.last.fm/user/derOlliM

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EdgeofTeeth
6 minutes ago, tomsches said:

#14 - AS FAR AS I COULD GET

Most points: 11 (!), given by @KING ELIZABITCH, @Theodore

Least points: 0, given by @Bjaf

Comments:

- "I can't believe that this is the first time I'm listening to this song. It's incredible. A new obsession really. The only complaint I have with it is, that it gets a little repetitive in the end. But it has such a great flow that makes up for that. Should have been on all versions of the album!"

- "It could go further, but I’m not complaining."

- "This one does not do it for me. I like some aspects of it but as a whole it is lacking. the bass line is good tho."

- "On my Itunes, I have this song as the very first song of the album and I think it works really well as an opener. I love the passage when she sing "wasting my god damned time". I can relate to the lyrics and it seems to me that she's singing about how she has tried anything to make her relationship work but in the end she has to let go because that's as far as it could get..."

Y'all will not do one of the best songs on the album like this :wtf:

tomsches

#13 - PURE FEELING

Most points: 10, given by @KING ELIZABITCH @Dam Ien @lilmonster93 @Theodore

Least points: 0, given by Bjaf (not gonna tag you again, because you have made it clear now that you haven't rated the songs from the special edition :sweat:)

Comments:

- "Pure Slayage!!!"

- "Sounds like it could belong on the standard edition. I definitely like it more than some of the standard songs (looking at you, Caught."

tomsches

The next song is only the SECOND song from the standard version to be kicked out. Which one will it be?

Also: I expected this song to be much higher on the list

OliverViennese
2 minutes ago, tomsches said:

#13 - PURE FEELING

Most points: 10, given by @KING ELIZABITCH @Dam Ien @lilmonster93 @Theodore

Least points: 0, given by Bjaf (not gonna tag you again, because you have made it clear now that you haven't rated the songs from the special edition :sweat:)

Comments:

- "Pure Slayage!!!"

- "Sounds like it could belong on the standard edition. I definitely like it more than some of the standard songs (looking at you, Caught."

I'm sorry, but how is Pure Feeling better than As Far As I Could Get?!?!?!?! EXCUSE ME NO

tomsches

#12 - THIRD EYE

Most points: 10, given by @Dam Ien

Fewest points: 4, given by @KING ELIZABITCH

Comments:

- "It's one of the few songs from the F+tM-discography that I don't really listen to. It has good bits, but -and I don't know why- something about this goes on my nerves (and it gives me pain to confess it).  I think it's those "uah uah"- background vocals. Nevertheless a bad F+tM song is still better than 90% of the songs on popular radio stations."

- "I’m trying to change the song."

- "very catchy, i love the melody on the chorus. production is great. It's repetitive, but not too much that it becomes annoying. best part of the song is the bridge, so good."

- "I used to be obssesed about this song when the record came out, but I ended up overplaying it. Still an amazing song though, cheers me on my worst times still. It's been a few years and it still feels like the embrace of a close friend, reassuring, encouraging but not aggressive."

- " love listening to this song while I'm driving my car"

tomsches

The next song is one of my most played songs on Itunes

EDIT: It's tied with my least played song! :excited2:

OliverViennese
1 minute ago, tomsches said:

#11 - MAKE UP YOUR MIND

Most: 9, given by @Dam Ien, @tomsches

Fewest: 6, given by @Magik @GoldenPonyboy

Comments:

- "Cute bop"

That's the only comment I have received for that song :cryga:

Ahahahaha MESS!!

IT IS a cute bop thou. Other than that it's quite basic for Florence standards...

On to the TOP 10! :hor:

tomsches

There's no #10 because #9 is a tie between 2 songs

shmal96

Omg how did I miss this megarate happening HBHBHB is one of my favorite albums ever :giveup::giveup::giveup:

I swear if you let Various Storms and Saints flop :grr::grr:

tomsches

#9 ST JUDE & WHICH WITCH

Most points: 10, given by @GoldenPonyboy & @Magik for ST Jude and @lilmonster93 @Dam Ien & @tomsches for Which Witch

Fewest points: 6, given by @OliverViennese @huttont & @Bjaf for ST Jude and 3 for @Bjaf

Comments:

ST Jude:

- "It starts out very good, but somehow the chorus doesn't really do anything for me - idk why. Still beautiful, especially Queen-Florence serving vocals!"

- "The minimalistic slayage. It just takes you there."

- "How big, how blue and how beautiful that song is. her vocal delivery is perfect, love the softer tones. It is filled with emotion. I was expecting a big last chorus, but the way she just keeps it in a lower tone is amazing. the let loss reveal it at the end gives me chill."

- "Without a doubt, one of my favorite Florence songs. I listen to it to calm myself and find myself everytime I feel lost. It's so simple and so easy and it puts my thoughts in order every single time."

Which Witch

- "although the production sounds a little unfinished (it is a demo after all), I can see how epic this could be with the right production."

- "I feel like this song is the perfect soundtrack for a ritual full of African dancing, chanting, eclectic costumes, and sacrifice."

- "It was the Demo, that I really wanted to not be a Demo at first listen. The gift for every fan, who love Scream-Florence (and I include myself in that crowd as I love to scream lyrics with her). BUT... Somehow it doesn't go anywhere. I feel it could be one of her most amazing songs, if she worked on it a little more and maybe added another melody to it halfway through the songs (but maybe that's just me...). Still love it."

- "I absolutely love this song, but I get why it's a bonus track. it doesn't really match with the rest of the album and sounds more like a Ceremonials or Lungs song"

tomsches

#8 - MOTHER

Most points: 11, given by @Magik @Dam Ien

Fewest points: 5,5 given by @BBhomemaker

Comments:

- "Messy, too loud, and too long."

- " love the way the verses flow, but the chorus misses the mark a little bit. I feel like the regular album should end with St. Jude. Mother feels a little out of place. The outro is amazing tho, love the distortion noises at the end."

- "The masterpiece of the record. There's not a single mistake in this song, the instruments, the vocals, the lyrics, it's all fitting. I could go on and on about this son, how free it makes me feel, conected to every inch of myself, to the earth, how it makes me wanna dance like no song has ever done before. I feel like a priestess every time I listen to it, begging the Goddesses to help me overcome my pain, dancing for them, for myself, for the elements around me. The outro is an out of body experience."

- "Seeing this song being performed live by Florence made me appreciate it, but it's still not my favourite and I usually skip it"

tomsches

Sadly, I have to say that the next song is my absolute favourite of the album and one of my favourite songs by Florence and the machine in general. It's the song I awarded 11 points.

Tomiel25

Third eye out of the top 10 :giveup:

I hope QoP , VS&S, makes is way to top 5 

The problem with this album is that all the songs are masterpieces even the deluxe or bonus tracks are kinda good

i can't speak english but i can if you like

Archived