Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Azealia comes for Gaga

Buddy

Featured Posts

Slayer

I don't think we should judge Gaga for collaborating with him. Ultimately, he was acquitted and Gaga believed he was wrongly accused. That's why she wanted to include him in DWUW - because it's all about the press and everybody saying nasty, unwarranted things about them. Regardless of whether or not he actually committed those crimes (and I can't pass judgement on that because I don't know enough about it), we should give Gaga a break. Her only fault was being too nice and naive.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond

Plenty of people collabed with R Kelly after the initial accusations. Gaga collaborated with him years later, as did some others and yet Gaga's the only one called out? His collab partners have no reason to speak out. I didn't see any of Chris Brown's collab partners say anything when he hit Rihanna, nor did any collab partners after the fact apologise for working with him despite knowing of his past. For all that Azealia says that she's being targeted, she's accusing Gaga of the same thing she's doing to her. For all that she goes on about how women with bad attitudes are cast aside but men get a free pass, why isn't she getting on at any of the male artists that R Kelly worked with to speak up? R Kelly's worked with a lot of people, some of which have also claimed to support feminism and yet Gaga is the only one who she's demanding for an apology from? Wow, I didn't know she was that bitter about being dropped from the album. Just shows that AP wasn't a flop after all. If an artist is still bitter about being refused on a collab on a 'flop' album nearly 4 years later, maybe it had more impact than it was given credit for.

At the end of the day, this is a very sensitive issue. Gaga collabing with him, especially if she wanted to, speaks volumes about how much her past has damaged her. People who have been through trauma can ironically do things that remind them of that trauma. Why this is, I have no idea. But it happens. Do you know how many women in the p*rn industry were prostitutes beforehand? Or got raped, sometimes even by a relative? Yet, they choose a career where sex becomes their entire life and defines them. Makes no sense...to someone who's never been abused. I used to have a very strong pull towards a boy who sexually harassed me back in school. Not attracted to him or anything, but I was drawn to him. A form of Stockholm Syndrome without the captivity, perhaps? I don't know. I sometimes wonder if my submissive desires partly stem from exposure to his dominant male presence at such a young age, when I was still forming ideas about sex, before I'd even worked out what I liked and didn't like. Freaks me out now the more I really sit and think about this. Point is, it's hard to judge the decisions of someone who's had some form of sexual trauma. Everyone deals with it in different ways. Some shirk away from any kind of physical contact, others choose to become extremely promiscuous and some do something in between. There's no right and wrong way to react.

I think wanting to see the best in people is partly what made Gaga want to collab with R Kelly. She wanted to believe the stories about him were untrue, that he was wrongly accused. And she later found out that she was too lenient on him. I think the fact that she never released the video, performed the song completely solo on tour and never mentioned it again afterwards is proof that she regrets the collab and wishes it had never happened. I bet you anything that if the song never became a single, she wouldn't even have sung it on tour. I wouldn't be surprised if she never performed or spoke of this song again, unless pressed. I don't think we can ask much more of her.

HairBow
5 minutes ago, Slayer said:

I don't think we should judge Gaga for collaborating with him. Ultimately, he was acquitted and Gaga believed he was wrongly accused. That's why she wanted to include him in DWUW - because it's all about the press and everybody saying nasty, unwarranted things about them. Regardless of whether or not he actually committed those crimes (and I can't pass judgement on that because I don't know enough about it), we should give Gaga a break. Her only fault was being too nice and naive.

Well, in that case, I can't wait for Gaga to collab with O.J. Simpson and George Zimmerman.  So hyped! /sarc

I get that R. Kelly was acquitted.  That doesn't erase the video evidence of what happened though. Especially since Gaga's mantra for the past year or two has been "let's not question victims of sexual assault who are vocal about what happened to them."

freebit

I hope no one is under the delusion that Azealia actually cares too much about this matter. It's obvious that this new request to collab with Gaga has likely either gone unanswered or rejected (as with Lana). Azealia is the same woman who previously caped for Bill Cosby and Donald Trump. She's transparent. As disgusting and horrible as R. Kelly is, he likely was easier to work with than Azealia, and that's what it comes down to for these types of things. 

As for Gaga, it would be a bad move PR-wise to come out of the woodwork and bring up the collab again. She should wait for it to blow over and ignore. Gaga is a messy and very naive person, and it's clear she's willing to give just about anyone the benefit of the doubt if she forms a connection with them. That's just how she is. Would it be nice if all his former collaborators denounced him and his actions? Yes. Is it realistic? No. 

Tan Fei
2 hours ago, Slayer said:

ya n we dont know exactly what happened then with the collab . its all based on assumptions . n pple want her to apologise ? to who?i feel she dont owe an apology to anyone other than herself or maybe her parents for doing something,  making a mistake against her own belief n integrity . she was just too immature and "rebellious" and desperate then . well now she has def changed for the better. dont think we shld fault her so hard  esp when she had also faced backlash herself. yes she deserved the backlash but not till few yrs later when she had alr learned and is wiser now , doing good social work .   with regards to this post by Azelia ,  i think its not the content  but the real intention n agenda behind it. 

Whispering
8 hours ago, tylerjudas said:

Stay delusional about it. It doesn't matter when she started talking about it, she still did it. 

Delusional is black and white thinking and people that drop in to post criticism that doesn't look at the situation or time table. 

Slayer
8 hours ago, HairBow said:

Well, in that case, I can't wait for Gaga to collab with O.J. Simpson and George Zimmerman.  So hyped! /sarc

I get that R. Kelly was acquitted.  That doesn't erase the video evidence of what happened though. Especially since Gaga's mantra for the past year or two has been "let's not question victims of sexual assault who are vocal about what happened to them."

Okay but at the same time she might not have been aware of video evidence. Yes it was reckless of her and she should have been more responsible, but I think she learned her lesson pretty quickly. There's a reason why we never got the DWUW video and I don't think it was because of "creative differences".

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

thefamegangsta

This is coming from someone that voted for a man that is accused of sexually assaulting several women? Although I agree that Gaga should have chosen someone different than R. Kelly, Azealia is NOT one to talk. 

HairBow
31 minutes ago, Slayer said:

Okay but at the same time she might not have been aware of video evidence. Yes it was reckless of her and she should have been more responsible, but I think she learned her lesson pretty quickly. There's a reason why we never got the DWUW video and I don't think it was because of "creative differences".

I'm sorry, but that video evidence is widely known.  I was in high school during that whole debacle, and you simply could NOT escape that news.  It was huge in pop culture.  That's why you even see things in pop culture today referencing R. Kelly wanting to pee on people.  I don't buy that she was never aware of the video.

It's no question to me that DWUW was scrapped due to the scandals involving R. Kelly that had surfaced around the time the video was supposed to be released.  Before that stuff hit the fan, though? Gaga seemed proud on social media with how tasteless and "controversial" the video would be. She definitely halted that video from being released to save her skin (and I believe it DID save her skin; I firmly believe the release of that video would have flat-out ended her career beyond repair).

Obviously the real bad guy in the situation is R. Kelly.  I'm not trying to paint Gaga as someone who is just as bad as R. Kelly. However, I do think she's quite hypocritical when it comes to this particular subject because of the collaboration.  You can't pretend that the collab never happened while you're striving to win an Oscar for a song about rape survivors and expect people to not question any of it. 

IllumiMark
On 18/7/2017 at 1:18 AM, Buddy said:

I cannot see anything. Does anyone have a screenshot or something? 

tylerjudas
16 hours ago, Whispering said:

Delusional is black and white thinking and people that drop in to post criticism that doesn't look at the situation or time table. 

Time table of what exactly? Because the issues with R Kelly have been around since the 90s.

On 7/18/2017 at 0:26 AM, M3LL155X said:

This girl is obsessed with Gaga :awkney:

Another year, another Azealia tweet... :madge:

badgirlmeat
12 minutes ago, Liza said:

Another hour, another Azealia tweet... :madge:

fixed :poot:

🤠

Archived