💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

A-YO...

Drin Lon

Featured Posts

shane_c

AYO should have had Hillary Lindsey singing backup like she does on Million Reasons. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do wish she had released a more surprising sound for her lead single from Joanne, just to surprise everyone when it came out. Almost any other song besides PI would accomplish that. A-YO would have been a good choice. All of my friends that aren't huge Gaga fans seem to love it most off the album. That and John Wayne. I kinda wish Million Reasons had been the lead though. :unicorn: 

We're all Stronger Together!

MJHolland
15 hours ago, Denys said:

Imagine Ayo at the Super Bowl :giveup:

but imagine perfect illusion at the super bowl :rockstar::giveup:

I'll admit the era wasn't perfectly executed, however PI is one of my all-time Gaga/general favs

RainingOnMe
17 hours ago, Drin Lon said:

Btw I think it would have peaked at #6 :lolly: and if performed at the SB would have eventually gone 2x Platinum.

I hope whoever chose Perfect Illusion at Intercope is fired now cause Gaga sure as hell didn't :interestinga:

She actually hated the song

Helxig
17 hours ago, slayo said:

thank you

Omg I was talking about you not to you

I'll be myself until they fƫcking close the coffin.

Drin Lon
9 hours ago, Joe N said:

I agree 100%

Basically any of the following songs would have been better lead singles:

A-Yo, John Wayne & Dancin' in Circles. Diamond Heart and maybe Angel Down also could have been good singles. Perfect Illusion and Million Discounts were two of the biggest mistakes as singles.

tumblr_njj3r0lwyU1qff2ilo1_400.gif

Million Reasons is the song which connected the most with the GP and it would have been the same even if A-YO was the lead, people really need to stop discrediting MR and the potential it had :nails:

But I agree with the rest :lana:

Admin
10 hours ago, Decodekid said:

Shade PI as much as you guys want, but there was no other lead single material in that album

Thank you. It wasn't even "chosen" to be the lead single. It was specifically written to be the lead because the label didn't see any first single material on the album.

The only thing I agree with is this:

9 hours ago, Radio Pop said:

PI is amazing but set false expectations for the album as a whole.

I love Joanne but nothing on it is as good as "Perfect Illusion".

AlexanderMagno

Meh, I still think Million Reasons should have been the lead single. In fact, should have been the only single for the whole era. It's infuriating how Lady Gaga, the so-called "great vocalist who slays only with her pipes and a piano" and tries so hard to show it still insists on keeping her piano ballads aside the charts. I understood it back when she defended electronic music as real music, but that is long gone.

10 hours ago, MJHolland said:

I'll admit the era wasn't perfectly executed, however PI is one of my all-time Gaga/general favs

Like think about her shouting 'here we go' then dive and deliver the song, then continue the normal setlist...

3 hours ago, Admin said:

Thank you. It wasn't even "chosen" to be the lead single. It was specifically written to be the lead because the label didn't see any first single material on the album.

Are you saying that PI was written after the album was complete? AYO could've smashed tho 

10 hours ago, MJHolland said:

I love PI but... she doesn't need to be singing 'it wasn't lovee' at the Super Bowl 

Decodekid
7 hours ago, Admin said:

Funny that if PI wasn't released as the lead single and later heard when the album was released, everyone would've said "PI could've been the lead" 

Im Harol don't tell anyone

GypsyVida
On 7/17/2017 at 8:01 AM, Craig Barnes said:

Hey Girl or Just Another Day should have been released to promo the tour

:bye:

Stream COWBOY CARTER

RainingOnMe
7 hours ago, Admin said:

Yes I definitely agree.

PI is just, out of this world. The only song on Joanne that has the similar synthy sound is Hey Girl, another favorite of mine.

19 hours ago, Drin Lon said:

tumblr_njj3r0lwyU1qff2ilo1_400.gif

Million Reasons is the song which connected the most with the GP and it would have been the same even if A-YO was the lead, people really need to stop discrediting MR and the potential it had :nails:

But I agree with the rest :lana:

That ****ing song literally struggled to stay on the charts FOR MONTHS even with numerous performances, discounts, etc. NO ONE LIKED THE SONG and it flopped tragically outside of the US. If anything, this should have been a US only single. It's downright country and that genre is so niche...it only hit #4 because of the SuperBowl and it only stayed in the top regions for a week. 

That song was simply not single material, period. The receipts are there right before your very eyes.

Archived