💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Madonna: Whitney Houston, Sharon Stone are “Horribly Mediocre”

Anveeroy

Featured Posts

Phlop
7 hours ago, Infinity Wave said:

I already listen to quality music, and thus I know which singer made the music history and Björk is not one of them. You probably need to learn to distinguish your opinions/thoughts from objective statements.

Get over the fact the Whitney was a one-of-a-kind singer (and woman) and than maybe you'll be able to accept the truth! 

Greets from a quality music listener and lover :hug:

Bjork is always credited in top women in the music industry, always credited for her different voice and being a visionary.

Shes not much of a pop star, but she's known in the industry. 

BYE

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
John Slayne
On 14. 7. 2017 at 3:03 PM, Infinity Wave said:

It's not about her opinion, it's that even in private you CANNOT think Whitney was mediocre. That means you don't have ANY knowledge of singing tecniques and voice property, and most of all you don't know sh*t about how to sing because Whitney was the best singer in the whole world before using dr*gs. So stop acting like Madonna could say those things cuz it was her opinion and it was private, and start critizing people whos opinion is false and pretentious. Don't even come at me saying I'm the pretentious one here because I'm just stating the truth about Whitney's greatness. 

Pop music is about some much more than a great voice, it's a business and it's all about visuals, image, dancing, catchy tunes, etc.

Yes, Whitney had a great career, talent, and a great voice.

Yes, Whitney was definitely a better vocalist than Madonna.

Does that make her not mediocre/more legendary than Madonna? No.

Just because you think Whitney was great and better than Madonna doesn't mean it's true, and if you read the whole letter you would understand why Madonna felt that way, also Whitney shaded Madonna too and later they both stopped so I don't understand why y'all have to act like Madonna is Lucifer.

dlioncourt91

Because some people are looking for ammunition to trash her after the whole Gaga/Madonna feud that they can't seem to let go of. 

Infinity Wave
3 hours ago, John Slayne said:

Pop music is about some much more than a great voice, it's a business and it's all about visuals, image, dancing, catchy tunes, etc.

Yes, Whitney had a great career, talent, and a great voice.

Yes, Whitney was definitely a better vocalist than Madonna.

Does that make her not mediocre/more legendary than Madonna? No.

Just because you think Whitney was great and better than Madonna doesn't mean it's true, and if you read the whole letter you would understand why Madonna felt that way, also Whitney shaded Madonna too and later they both stopped so I don't understand why y'all have to act like Madonna is Lucifer.

Yes. What makes a true singer is the VOICE. And if you had a little bit of taste you should know that some Whitney performances are some of the greatest of all time. Stop acting like a real and legendary singer is somehow "made" by visuals, dancing etc cuz we all know that who needs those lacks a legendary voice. Just because Madonna discussed serious themes in her song that doesn't mean she was more legendary or better than Whitney.

You see, that's the problem of the music today: true legend doesn't get the recognition they deserves, everybody points out something negative about them and positive about some other clearly worse singer. 

It's not a matter of impact, and even if it was Whitney would still win.

And no, that's not a competition, but since everyone is taking this way too seriously, defending Madonna, I thought someone should have come here to defend Whitney and try open other's eyes.

I think I failed my mission, so goodbye y'all keep hailing Madonna and underestimating Whitney. :hug:

Colourful

darkwolf
2 hours ago, Infinity Wave said:

Yes. What makes a true singer is the VOICE. And if you had a little bit of taste you should know that some Whitney performances are some of the greatest of all time. Stop acting like a real and legendary singer is somehow "made" by visuals, dancing etc cuz we all know that who needs those lacks a legendary voice. Just because Madonna discussed serious themes in her song that doesn't mean she was more legendary or better than Whitney.

You see, that's the problem of the music today: true legend doesn't get the recognition they deserves, everybody points out something negative about them and positive about some other clearly worse singer. 

And no, that's not a competition, but since everyone is taking this way too seriously, defending Madonna, I thought someone should have come here to defend Whitney and try open other's eyes.

I think I failed my mission, so goodbye y'all keep hailing Madonna and underestimating Whitney. :hug:

I don't think anybody here underestimates Whitney, she's definitely one of the best voices of all time. And Madonna herself knows she cannot compare to Whitney vocally. 

However Madge IS way more legendary, that doesn't take anything from Whitney's status.

Infinity Wave
4 hours ago, darkwolf said:

I don't think anybody here underestimates Whitney, she's definitely one of the best voices of all time. And Madonna herself knows she cannot compare to Whitney vocally. 

However Madge IS way more legendary, that doesn't take anything from Whitney's status.

I don't think she is, but I think that was clear from my previous posts lol :D

Anyway, we have different views and opinions and that's completely normal. But what's not normal imho is considering some artist at the level of Whitney like some other people did. But, you know, talent always wins and I think time has already told many many times which singers truly are legendary... :giggle:

(Don't come @ me asking for receipts cuz I've got a tons waiting to be shared, I warned ya :hor:)

Colourful

ToxicHot

Oh no...

Madonna?

...Being envious of other women's success?

tenor.gif

dOnT sAd ReAcT mE 2 bE sHaDy i WiLL RePoRt U!!1!

John Slayne
16 hours ago, Infinity Wave said:

Literally every person in the industry agrees that Michael and Madonna are the most influential and successful solo acts of all time. Only you and some other pressed Madonna haters can't get a grip.

I don't give a phuck about Whitney's voice frankly, there are millions of talented women with voices even better than Whitney but great voice is just not enough to make you as iconic and memorable as Madonna is. Music is about so much more than just one certain type of powerful vocals.

C1trus
On 7/13/2017 at 9:14 AM, maxthewonderdog said:

And there is her classic nasty personality rearing its ugliness once again. She's such a joyless and insecure person.

So insecure that she even targeted young aspirers like Gaga. Just sayin'

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

Infinity Wave
38 minutes ago, John Slayne said:

Literally every person in the industry agrees that Michael and Madonna are the most influential and successful solo acts of all time. Only you and some other pressed Madonna haters can't get a grip.

I don't give a phuck about Whitney's voice frankly, there are millions of talented women with voices even better than Whitney but great voice is just not enough to make you as iconic and memorable as Madonna is. Music is about so much more than just one certain type of powerful vocals.

1. I'm not a Madonna hater, absolutely. I love her and I'm a great fan of her.

2. Music IS about the voice, indeed. Get over the fact that your favourite act maybe hasn't got a greqt voice.

3. There is no woman on earth (and I think there won't ever be such) with a voice as great as Whitney's. And that's an objective reality, not only my thought or opinion. Go study a little bit of music before expressing opinions on music and singers, because Whitney had the most powerful voice of the whole music world, and she had the best tecnique a singer could aspire to have. And that's what you call "phenomenal" and "legendary".

3. I'm a great MJ fan also, and he was legendary. He still is, indeed. But he had a GREAT, FANTASTIC voice. Madonna doesn't, that's it. She will never be as legendary as Whitney or MJ. Get over it.

Colourful

doppelganger

They're both legendary, in different ways.

And there isn't a way to quantitatively determine who is more iconic so let's just stop it there ... 

John Slayne
1 hour ago, Infinity Wave said:

1. I'm not a Madonna hater, absolutely. I love her and I'm a great fan of her.

2. Music IS about the voice, indeed. Get over the fact that your favourite act maybe hasn't got a greqt voice.

3. There is no woman on earth (and I think there won't ever be such) with a voice as great as Whitney's. And that's an objective reality, not only my thought or opinion. Go study a little bit of music before expressing opinions on music and singers, because Whitney had the most powerful voice of the whole music world, and she had the best tecnique a singer could aspire to have. And that's what you call "phenomenal" and "legendary".

3. I'm a great MJ fan also, and he was legendary. He still is, indeed. But he had a GREAT, FANTASTIC voice. Madonna doesn't, that's it. She will never be as legendary as Whitney or MJ. Get over it.

Do you really think that Whitney's voice is that unique? You mean to tell me that none of the millions of talented women has a voice/technique better than Whitney??? Stay delusional. She has maybe the best voice in pop music (and even that's debatable) but sis... there are way better singers when it comes to technique/power vocals.

Madonna is considered the most influential female artist of all time by almost every music expert and industry insider, wake up, educate yourself, and put facts before your personal feelings about Whitney.

tenor.gif

Anveeroy

Now I am having some bad feelings about making this thread. :poot:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Infinity Wave
2 hours ago, John Slayne said:

Do you really think that Whitney's voice is that unique? You mean to tell me that none of the millions of talented women has a voice/technique better than Whitney??? Stay delusional. She has maybe the best voice in pop music (and even that's debatable) but sis... there are way better singers when it comes to technique/power vocals.

Madonna is considered the most influential female artist of all time by almost every music expert and industry insider, wake up, educate yourself, and put facts before your personal feelings about Whitney.

You learn to put facts before your love and admiration for Madonna, because I already did and that's why I'm the only one here definding Whintney's uniqueness and perfection. Because no one seems to be educated enough to admit that Whitney was a one of a kind woman. Her voice was and remains unique. Get over it. It is what it is. 

And it is not debatable, if you think it is I have nothing more to tell you because you clearly understand and know nothing about music.

Colourful

Archived