Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
game

GGD's Nintendo Hub

Haroon

Featured Posts

Haroon
On 10/4/2018 at 7:29 AM, River said:

Sorry I was mistaken, the Shiny Poipole is at Smyths

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/free-shiny-legendary-still-available-for-ultra-sun/1100-6461626/

The Zeraora was announced at Serebii 

https://www.serebii.net/

scroll to the 1st October news

Sorry for this mess, if you can’t it’s ok :blush:

I don't have a Smyths near me unfortunately :noparty: Also just saw this post now otherwise I would've gone to GAME to get a code for the Zeraora but I think I'll still go, if you want/need a spare let me know :laughga:

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
River
Just now, Haroon said:

I don't have a Smyths near me unfortunately :noparty: Also just saw this post now otherwise I would've gone to GAME to get a code for the Zeraora but I think I'll still go, if you want/need a spare let me know :laughga:

Yeah take a spare just in case :party:

thank you so much:kara:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

LadyLuca

Yall whats up?

How do u feel about Mario party? is anyone buying it? I have it. Played it with my best friend. got drunk. eat pizza. Was fun. Tho that bish won 2 times...out of three....

Haroon
On 10/1/2018 at 1:08 PM, LADYGAGASHOOCK said:

:sis:

I can see your edit and I don't know why you'd get rid of that post :koons:

On 10/1/2018 at 7:20 PM, Dolce Vita said:

oof im such a Nintendo STAN now

Then you've come to the right place :woot:

On 10/1/2018 at 7:21 PM, Dolce Vita said:

Can anyone recommend me any 3DS and Wii U games too? I’m gonna get the Switch next year when they release the Animal Crossing edition 

Zachary's list hit most (if not all) of my suggestions to be honest, but here are the ones I'd recommend off the top of my head anyway :laughga:

3DS:
- Super Mario 3D Land
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
- Pokemon X/Y (also the others like Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire and Sun/Moon and/or Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon)
- Mario Kart 7
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Super Smash Bros. 3DS

I've just realised after compiling that list how little 3DS games I've played :flop: I still need to get and play the following:

- Metroid: Samus Returns
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
- Kirby Triple Deluxe
- Kirby Planet Robobot

Wii U:
- Super Mario 3D World
- Yoshi's Woolly World
- Mario Kart 7*
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
- Splatoon*
- New Super Mario Bros U*
- Bayonetta*
- Bayonetta 2*
- Pokken Tournament*
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker*
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze*
- Rayman Legends*

All of the ones marked with an asterisk are available on Switch but in deluxe or improved versions (except Splatoon -> Splatoon 2 but still :poot:) so if you're going to be getting a Switch I'd say skip getting any Wii U games.

There's a part of me that's so certain that they'll port over Super Mario 3D World as well, it was one of the best recieved games of the Wii U and after seeing New Super Mario Bros U getting a deluxe version on Switch I'm so sure that they can't skip recreating Super Mario 3D World for Switch - maybe next summer or something :excited2:

On 10/1/2018 at 8:23 PM, ZacharyMonster said:

I was planning on explaining but I guess this times it right @Haroon @River

My total hours right now with the game is around 250 hours, and I have done a New Game Plus, which is basically restarting the game but with all of your stuff. 130 in my original, 110 in NG+ and 10 hours in Torna, but I'm not finished doing everything, even though I've finished the main story.

I’ll post each of the big parts of the gameplay in Spoiler Boxes, though I'll get two things out of the way right now.

And please don't kill the Baby Ardun in Gormott at the farms, it can be farmed up to level 99, provides excellent grinding for core crystals, EXP, etc as it becomes a Unique Monster and can be fought over and over again, but only if it reaches level 99.

Always save, this game does NOT auto-save and if you happen to crash/experience an error, you'll lose your save, so save FREQUENTLY (Though the game saves whenever bonding with a core crystal) and Tutorials do not appear again, so please feel free to screenshot them whenever you see one, because that's key!

Story

Hide contents

I won’t dig too much into the story, buts it starts off plain and simple. You’re Rex, a 15(?) year old salvager living in the world of Alrest, with your Titan companion, Gramps. You do some “things” and blah blah, and become the Driver of the Aegis and you’ll get your first blade that way. It takes many turns and explains themes of friendship, bonds, trust, and trying to make a better world out of a corrupt one. It’s a positive story that is explained through cutscenes, which are 13 Hours long. And there are 10 chapters in the story, with some being incredibly long, and some very short.

Battle System

Hide contents

In the battle system, it’s mostly contained of auto attacks for your standard way of attack. But, you have driver arts, which are powered through a line between the driver and blade, when connected, driver arts are more powerful (and if you upgrade them with points earned from beating an enemy) and blade arts (which can be upgraded with Weapon Points the more you use a blade and it’s weapon). When you use a driver art, it leads to a blade art. Each vary in level, but are devestating attacks than can put different status effects on enemies. But the most important aspect of this  is building blade combos. (A feature introduced later once you get 3 party members) which are combos that are used when using a blade art (Level 1 - Level 2 - Level 3) and have specific elememtal patterns to build elemental orbs. (Say fire - fire - light) (water - water - Dark). These orbs can be used in chain attacks (introduced later) which are activated once the three bars at the top left of the screen are filled. (These are also used to revive fallen team members, so find a balance) And once activated a chain attack, each party member will use any blade in their pool of three blades ready in combat to try to break the orbs. (Fire - Water, Ice - Wind, Electric - Ground, Light - Dark and vise versa, these are how you do a lot of damage to an orb and basic type advantages) Once you break an orb, you get a second round of attacks, and the blade art used to break an orb increases to level 2. Once you break around 5~ orbs, a full burst occurs, where the driver unleashed a level 4 blade art (forgot to mention, lvl 4 blade arts are available once a driver and blade reach max affinity, the blue line turns gold, and the level 3 increases to 4) to finish off the chain attack. That’s the basics of combat, and always try to use blades to cover their advantages and disadvantages in your party. Each driver in battle can have 3 blades! And you also have the driver combos, which is Break - Topple - Launch - Smash. This is done by doing driver arts to complete the combos, and once done, it'll launch loot earned from the enemy (gold, chips, crystals, etc.)

Blades 

Hide contents

Blades are special as they are unlocked by bonding a driver to a Core Crystal scattered across Alrest. There are different types of blades, Attack Blades, Healer Blades, and Tank blades, each with different weapon classes and such. There are common blades, but there are also Rare Blades, and these are the ones to aim for. They are stronger than a common blade and have multiple uses in combat and field skills. Field skills are just roadblocks and you must use a blade and their skills to get past it. To level these up, the blades Affinity Chart comes into play. You can increase trust with your blade, which unlocks a new section in the chart to increase level of certain abilities, skills, blade arts, passives, etc. And increasing trust level also increases auto attack level, but you could also just use core chips, a chip that increases/decreases the effectiveness of a blades weapon. These can be bought at shops or found in chests. Either/or. Maxing out a blades affinity chart can nab sweet rewards! Blades also have quests to do for their charts and heart to hearts to view, so please check them out.

Drivers

Hide contents

The playable characters, there are 5 drivers optional to play as. Rex, Nia, Tora, 4 and 5. (4 and 5 kept secret for spoiler reasons) Each one has a basic “class” (you don’t have to stick to that though!) Rex - Attack Nia - Healer Tora - Tank (his third blade is an attack but I’ll explain Poppi later.) 4 - Tank 5- Attack. Drivers have driver arts which are leveled up by another thing of points earned from battles, which have a max level of 5, and each driver has 4 arts [only three in battle] per weapon class, and each weapon art differs from driver to driver) which make it useful for delivering hard hitting attacks. Drivers also have "affinity" charts that use ANOTHER set of points to level up. These boost your HP, defense, attack, luck, speed, cancel ability, driver art recharge, etc! Drivers also level up, and they can level up just by gaining EXP from battle, or extra EXP earned from quests and sleep at inns to cash it in. Drivers also can use pouch items (food, art, instruments, etc) to boost stats for a certain amount of time, and these will boost Blades as well. They also have gear slots, which can be expanded with Pouch Expansions found throughout the game.

Gameplay

Hide contents

The gameplay is basic RPG, exploration is a heavy focus, and there are ton of chests, baddies, and quests to do. 88 regular side quests, 9 main story quests, and 28 blade quests. There are also Unique Monsters to fight, which are mini bosses that drop good rewards upon defeat, but are extremely difficult. The exploration is a key factor as there are a ton of Titans to visit, each with their own landmarks (warp points), towns, shops, people, etc to see. So exploration is heavily recommended to see all of Alrest! Rex also has Salvaging, in which he can use a cylinder (Normal, Silver, Gold, Premium) to fetch up treasure chests containing gold, gear and such to help make better items or to sell. You can also go to Collection Points to find items (Blades have abilities to help dig up more items in Collection Points, so these can boost the amount of things you find and can help make more items for your Drivers). You can always warp back to certain areas and farm these items with the landmarks, so keep that in mind if you're needing a certain item. Postgame is basically the same, but it saves before the final fight and you'll just pick up from there. And now you should be able to farm up for the Superbosses which provide the best stuff in the game, and you'll be broken as all hell. NG+ I sorta explained at the start but now you have all your stuff, and there are vendors for you to go to and exchange bonus EXP for rewards at certain inns, like ether crystals, overdrive protocols (the only way to change the blade from one driver to another, but these are EXTREMELY limited in the game, so be wise about it!), Ultimate Weaponry (A way to boost the points for a certain weapon on a certain driver to upgrade it faster), legendary core crystals, Poppi Parts, etc.

Poppi

Hide contents

Okay so Tora can't actually bond with core crystals, and instead uses an artificial blade called Poppi. Poppi is special as she doesn't work like normal blades. You can change the element of Poppi Alpha, QT and QTPi (Quick tip, QTPi doesn't come from story, it's a separate side quest you must do to unlock her, so if needed I'll post a link to the quest location), her class, stats, and such by building parts w/ ether crystals. Ether crystals are earned by playing Tiger Tiger, and an easy way to farm these is by doing stage one on easy as you can slip through walls and collect the chests to get better rewards faster, take less damage and such to help get more crystals. Though quick notice, some parts don't work on Alpha and QT, as they're restricted to certain elements, so keep that in mind, while QTPi does not.

DLC

Hide contents

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has a season pass that costs 30 dollars, and comes with a ton of stuff, including Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna: The Golden Country, which is entirely different from the main game, so if needed I'll post an explanation of that game, but for now I'll post all the stuff available in the DLC.

https://xenobladechronicles2.nintendo.com/dlc/

If you have anymore questions, please let me know. Thanks!

Wow this post is amazing :giveup: Thank you :worship2:

It seems really interesting but also a bit intimidating but I think that's with any battle system really. If I'd never played Pokemon or Octopath Traveler and I read how their systems work I'd be so lost :rip: I love the graphics and the depth of it though, like the way the characters can learn and grow and so on :flutter: I'm holding off on "big" games for a while though while I finish off other games I'm playing right now but this is near the top of my list when I'm done :excited:

ModernEcstasy
11 hours ago, River said:

OMGGG

Please me me me me me :D

Any chance that you have the shiny poipole too?

Hey. I don’t I’m afraid :( 

However, Zeraora is yours. I’ll PM you later as don’t have the code on me right now :) 

Tom Nook

Btw if anyone is looking to grind on Salmon Run in Splatoon 2, I highly recommend doing it now because it’s mystery grizzco weapon weekend and it’s so easier to get the rewards :firega:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

River
7 hours ago, ModernEcstasy said:

Hey. I don’t I’m afraid :( 

However, Zeraora is yours. I’ll PM you later as don’t have the code on me right now :) 

Thank you sooo much!!!!:giveup:

Haroon

They released a Super Mario Party wallpaper on My Nintendo Rewards :party: If anyone wants it it's here, just open it in a new tab for the full resolution :happy:

Landscape:

Super_Mario_Party_3840x2160.jpg

Portrait:

Super_Mario_Party_1440x2560.jpg

PrinceOfTheStorm
1 minute ago, Haroon said:

They released a Super Mario Party wallpaper on My Nintendo Rewards :party: If anyone wants it it's here, just open it in a new tab for the full resolution :happy:

Landscape:

Super_Mario_Party_3840x2160.jpg

Portrait:

Super_Mario_Party_1440x2560.jpg

Cool.

Though how very lazy a lot of the models are reused from old games.

16 hours ago, Haroon said:

I can see your edit and I don't know why you'd get rid of that post :koons:

Then you've come to the right place :woot:

Zachary's list hit most (if not all) of my suggestions to be honest, but here are the ones I'd recommend off the top of my head anyway :laughga:

3DS:
- Super Mario 3D Land
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
- Pokemon X/Y (also the others like Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire and Sun/Moon and/or Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon)
- Mario Kart 7
- The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
- Super Smash Bros. 3DS

I've just realised after compiling that list how little 3DS games I've played :flop: I still need to get and play the following:

- Metroid: Samus Returns
- Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
- Kirby Triple Deluxe
- Kirby Planet Robobot

Wii U:
- Super Mario 3D World
- Yoshi's Woolly World
- Mario Kart 7*
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
- Splatoon*
- New Super Mario Bros U*
- Bayonetta*
- Bayonetta 2*
- Pokken Tournament*
- Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker*
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze*
- Rayman Legends*

All of the ones marked with an asterisk are available on Switch but in deluxe or improved versions (except Splatoon -> Splatoon 2 but still :poot:) so if you're going to be getting a Switch I'd say skip getting any Wii U games.

There's a part of me that's so certain that they'll port over Super Mario 3D World as well, it was one of the best recieved games of the Wii U and after seeing New Super Mario Bros U getting a deluxe version on Switch I'm so sure that they can't skip recreating Super Mario 3D World for Switch - maybe next summer or something :excited2:

Wow this post is amazing :giveup: Thank you :worship2:

It seems really interesting but also a bit intimidating but I think that's with any battle system really. If I'd never played Pokemon or Octopath Traveler and I read how their systems work I'd be so lost :rip: I love the graphics and the depth of it though, like the way the characters can learn and grow and so on :flutter: I'm holding off on "big" games for a while though while I finish off other games I'm playing right now but this is near the top of my list when I'm done :excited:

Also thanks!

signing out

River

So I dl Fortnite and I'm lost, like all I do is breaking things and getting weapons until someone shoots me :laughga:

Tom Nook
1 minute ago, River said:

So I dl Fortnite and I'm lost, like all I do is breaking things and getting weapons until someone shoots me :laughga:

Yea pretty much :laughga:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

CyanLights

Hey guys! So I just got a switch (finally lmao) so I’m kinda new lol. I’ve gotten mario Oddessy and BOTW and Captain Toad, but any other recommendations? 

River
3 minutes ago, CyanLights said:

Hey guys! So I just got a switch (finally lmao) so I’m kinda new lol. I’ve gotten mario Oddessy and BOTW and Captain Toad, but any other recommendations? 

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe so you can try to beat Haroon, he's the ultimate and final boss.

Pokemon Let's Go is out next month

Super Smash Bros ultimate out this December

Rayman is nice too

Donkey Kong

Splatoon 2

There are so many lol

Haroon
On 10/6/2018 at 9:06 AM, Gardevoir said:

Btw if anyone is looking to grind on Salmon Run in Splatoon 2, I highly recommend doing it now because it’s mystery grizzco weapon weekend and it’s so easier to get the rewards :firega:

Thanks for this by the way, I gave it a shot right near the end and I had a blast :yay:

I'd never seen or tried the Grizzco Slosher before, it's so slow but so powerful :toofunny:

On 10/9/2018 at 12:36 AM, River said:

That's why I quit after my first try, it was confusing and overwhelming :air: I guess it's something you kinda "get" with more play

On 10/9/2018 at 12:59 AM, CyanLights said:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY WELCOME :excited: What's your friend code? :excited2:

Hmm depends which types of games you're into.

Shooters?
2D platformers?
Adventures?
Action?

You've got the (so far) must haves which are Odyssey and Breath of the Wild, but other than that I think everyone should try Bayonetta 1+2 and Splatoon 2 and Octopath Traveler :flutter: There are loads of other great games too though, and big ones on the way like Pokemon Let's Go and Super Smash Bros Ultimate :woot:

CyanLights

@Haroon I’ll post it later tonight or tomorrow! Idk how much fun I’ll be though cause I’m not paying for online right now (mostly because the system and games almost cost me a tuition payment oops and I’m not at home lol) but I’ll probably post it tomorrow :hug:

I honestly love all games, but my favorites are gta, uncharted, animal crossing, and most mario games. I’m so freaking impressed my the number of indie games though :giveup:

im def going to look into bayonetta and octopath :yay:

Archived