game

GGD's Nintendo Hub

Haroon

Featured Posts

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PopMonstre

Tell me why I died 4 times trying to get down the first gold tower in BOTW :giveup: I was too impatient and I kept jumping to my death

Logan

Started BOTW back up, never even beat it even though I only have 2 shrines left and still need to do 2 divine beast :toofunny: Forgot how breathtaking this game is. This game is like Skyrim in the sense that it has a lot of replay value. I feel like you ruin your experience if you have a plan, the true magic in the game is just running around and exploring the beauty of the world. 

Retron
24 minutes ago, Logan said:

Started BOTW back up, never even beat it even though I only have 2 shrines left and still need to do 2 divine beast :toofunny: Forgot how breathtaking this game is. This game is like Skyrim in the sense that it has a lot of replay value. I feel like you ruin your experience if you have a plan, the true magic in the game is just running around and exploring the beauty of the world. 

I found it impossible to keep to a plan in BotW, which was a good thing. The game forces spontaneity by sprinkling interesting stuff all over the world map. Set a waypoint marker, planning on going there in a straight line? Nope. You're gonna see things that pique your interest and force you to investigate. An hour later, you're at your end destination, but had a dozen adventures along the way. It's completely unorganized fun, and the flow feels so natural. What a good god dang video game. :kara:

Logan
Just now, Retron said:

I found it impossible to keep to a plan in BotW, which was a good thing. The game forces spontaneity by sprinkling interesting stuff all over the world map. Set a waypoint marker, planning on going there in a straight line? Nope. You're gonna see things that pique your interest and force you to investigate. An hour later, you're at your end destination, but had a dozen adventures along the way. It's completely unorganized fun, and the flow feels so natural. What a good god dang video game. :kara:

I hate when games are overhyped and I rolled my eyes when it first came out on Metacritic with a score of 100, but once I got it I completely understood why. This game sets a standard for what elements a great game actually needs. 

Haroon
On 3/29/2018 at 4:12 PM, Retron said:

I used to see that sadly often on the Miiverse. :( 

It breaks my heart :noparty

18 hours ago, Logan said:

Glad I'm not the only one, I have 2 divine beasts left too :laughga: And I couldn't agree more with you and Retron as well :happy:

Whenever I reveal a piece of the map I make sure to scour each part of it before revealing the next piece, but then it becomes a struggle to know which part of the new segment to start from and which direction and everything because there's just so much going on (in a good way) :giveup: Then there are times when you revisit an area to find a certain item and take a slightly different route and your treasure radar starts beeping and you find something you hadn't noticed before, or find a suspicious rock formation/lily circle/etc for a Korok seed. There's no area that's barren, there's literally something everywhere :flutter:

Haroon

Who's "superboops"? :yay: They added me via friend code so they must be from GGD :excited2:

River

I just did the festival in Donk City and I cried lol

The splash of nostalgia just killed me

This game is just perfect

*I'm slow cuz I want to get all the moons that possible before post-game

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

Haroon
DiegoMonster
Retron
6 hours ago, River said:

I just did the festival in Donk City and I cried lol

The splash of nostalgia just killed me

This game is just perfect

*I'm slow cuz I want to get all the moons that possible before post-game

New Donk City is such a trip. And to my knowledge it's the first time they merge the Donkey Kong and Mario canon in a proper Mario game.

34 minutes ago, Haroon said:

YES!

Archived