Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
rumor

Jimmy Iovine shades Gaga

dit

Featured Posts

CheapGin
5 minutes ago, definthejam said:

Wasn't Born This Way recorded on the road? She created that album during TMB. She was writing songs for ARTPOP during the BTWB but the version that was released was mostly done after her hip surgery and while she was resting. So I doubt that he was talking about her because BTW was not really considered a disaster (when there's AP) and that was the record she created fully on the road, not AP.

YES I was just about to type this out.

Even if ARTPOP was recorded on the road it wouldn't be a fair example of failure recording while on tour because it followed BTW which was a massive success recorded on the road

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anveeroy
1 minute ago, Bradley said:

I made almost the exact same reply as yours.

Born This Way was made on the road and most of ARTPOP wasn't.

even the fame monster! 

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

Bradley
1 minute ago, Albertodift said:

Yes. He said that the artist was offered 750k to perform in Dubai while creating the album and the artist went and performed there in the middle of the albums creation. He sort of used the example as a way to explain how great albums can't be made with distractions. He said artists like Adele and Ed did not get distracted while making their recent albums and that it showed in the quality of the work. 

Wait, so you're saying Cheek to Cheek is a disaster? Because the first time Gaga performed in Dubai was in September 2014.

monketsharona

I agree on the fact Gaga has too much things doing at the same time. It is always the same. Joanne 's run has been a disaster to me in term of promo and mostly because she had 1637373 projects going at the same time. 

dit
4 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Wait, so you're saying Cheek to Cheek is a disaster? Because the first time Gaga performed in Dubai was in September 2014.

I'm not saying that lol! i'm just saying what Jimmy is saying. I think he meant the "the artist perform in dubai for 750k in the middle of creating an album" as a general example but he said it right before mentioning the other stuff that hinted at Gaga :S 

Rat Boy
6 minutes ago, CheapGin said:

YES I was just about to type this out.

Even if ARTPOP was recorded on the road it wouldn't be a fair example of failure recording while on tour because it followed BTW which was a massive success recorded on the road

Yes but BTW was when things started going pear shaped, commercially speaking. Sure the lead single was a massive hit but it was accompanied by huge amounts of backlash. First week album sales were huge but didn't they significantly decrease in the first week? Some people thought the album was overproduced/rough and not conceptually sound. You can't deny that her image was damaged during the BTW album cycle. Correct me if I am wrong.

"I am a Walmart version of Rat Boy!” - River

Bradley
Just now, Albertodift said:

I'm not saying that lol! i'm just saying what Jimmy is saying. I think he meant the "the artist perform in dubai for 750k in the middle of creating an album" as a general example but he said it right before mentioning the other stuff that hinted at Gaga :S 

Can you point out the exact minute and second of the video so that I could hear it?

Because while Gaga was performing in Dubai, the only record she was making was Cheek to Cheek and we know Cheek to Cheek was a massive Grammy-winning success which opened up movie and award show performances opportunities for her.

gagarox
1 hour ago, Radio Pop said:

it's true, art pop was a disaster...

because of whom? troy carter right? 

Bradley
1 minute ago, Mer Boy said:

Yes but BTW was when things started going pear shaped, commercially speaking. Sure the lead single was a massive hit but it was accompanied by huge amounts of backlash. First week album sales were huge but didn't they significantly decrease in the first week? Some people thought the album was overproduced and not conceptually sound. Correct me if I am wrong.

Born This Way was a massive success, period. It was #3 on the Year-end List of Billboard 200 and was nominated for Album of the Year Grammy.

dit
Just now, Bradley said:

Can you point out the exact minute and second of the video so that I could hear it?

Because while Gaga was performing in Dubai, the only record she was making was Cheek to Cheek and we know Cheek to Cheek was a massive Grammy-winning success which opened up movie and award show performances opportunities for her.

8:14 I think.

it sounded more general but he said it sort of before shading this artist

also let's not forget he is getting older so maybe his time frames are not consistent. For example only a few AP tracks were recorded on the road but he probably remembers it as being the entire record recorded on the road. 

Rat Boy
2 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Born This Way was a massive success, period. It was #3 on the Year-end List of Billboard 200 and was nominated for Album of the Year Grammy.

Yes I get that. However, while it was successful, it was also her downfall. The way people viewed her changed during that album cycle. The fanbase was divided by the album. She was no longer seen as 'cool' by a lot of people.

CheapGin
7 minutes ago, Mer Boy said:

Yes but BTW was when things started going pear shaped, commercially speaking. Sure the lead single was a massive hit but it was accompanied by huge amounts of backlash. First week album sales were huge but didn't they significantly decrease in the first week? Correct me if I am wrong.

Yes messy era not AS massive as her debut but still massive by many standards.

Also, I think Jimmy is probably taking about Robin Thicke...

Paula was released in 2014 right after he toured for Blurred Lines and sold 24K first week in the US but 550 copies in Canada 530 in UK and 157 copies in Australia and that's AFTER a world wide smash hit single. ARTPOP and BTW are in different realms.  AP couldn't dream of the Paula nightmare.

Rat Boy
18 minutes ago, CheapGin said:

Yes messy era not AS a massive as her debut but still massive by many standards.

Also, I think Jimmy is probably taking about Robin Thicke...

Paula was released in 2014 right after he toured for Blurred Lines and sold 24K first week in the US but 550 copies in Canada and 157 copies in Australia and that's AFTER a world wide smash hit single. ARTPOP and BTW are in different realms.  AP couldn't dream of the Paula nightmare.

Omg Paula. Haha that was a mess. :rip:

I have second hand embarrassment thinking about it.  :air:

Bradley
2 minutes ago, Albertodift said:

8:14 I think.

it sounded more general but he said it sort of before shading this artist

also let's not forget he is getting older so maybe his time frames are not consistent. For example only a few AP tracks were recorded on the road but he probably remembers it as being the entire record recorded on the road. 

Ok I heard it.

#1 ARTPOP, regardless of it being made on the road or not, to me is a fantastic album, I personally have no issues with Gaga working on the road, because quality has never been an issue for me. What I have an issue with Gaga's team is promotion.

#2 Still I'm going to say when she performed in Dubai, the only record she was working on was Cheek to Cheek and it was a platinum certified Grammy winning success acclaimed by critics.

gagarox
5 minutes ago, monketsharona said:

I agree on the fact Gaga has too much things doing at the same time. It is always the same. Joanne 's run has been a disaster to me in term of promo and mostly because she had 1637373 projects going at the same time. 

not really? do u really want her to push the album with more singles knowing well that they all would have flopped?

releasing the cure was a masterstroke to capitalize on the success of superbowl and million reasons and she will be releasing more pop songs soon (most likely).. and u still got joanne available on spotify enjoy it as much as u want. The tour will help it push past 1.5 m WW as well. All in all this era has been good so far.. MR being stretched out over a 6 month period really helped repair her image

Archived