Jimmy Iovine shades Gaga

dit

Featured Posts

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GagaMyBlood95

It's not about Gaga.

He would never call an album that did as good as ARTPOP a 'disaster'. That is waaay too much.

Saint Laurent
3 hours ago, Mer Boy said:

Yes but BTW was when things started going pear shaped, commercially speaking. Sure the lead single was a massive hit but it was accompanied by huge amounts of backlash. First week album sales were huge but didn't they significantly decrease in the first week? Some people thought the album was overproduced/rough and not conceptually sound. You can't deny that her image was damaged during the BTW album cycle. Correct me if I am wrong.

It had sold like 7 million units within 6 months, it was huge. He's definitely not talking about BTW.

Rat Boy
1 hour ago, Saint Laurent said:

It had sold like 7 million units within 6 months, it was huge. He's definitely not talking about BTW.

Thanks for providing me with some stats. I guess he probably wasn't talking about BTW. I do however believe that the artist he is referring to is Gaga.

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

LetsGetHigh

Born This Way was recorded way much more than ARTPOP while touring so I don't know what he's shitting cause BTW wasn't a disaster lmao

Rat Boy
5 minutes ago, LetsGetHigh said:

Born This Way was recorded way much more than ARTPOP while touring so I don't know what he's shitting cause BTW wasn't a disaster lmao

Maybe he has been reading too many Madonna Nation threads??

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

Debithius
5 hours ago, Albertodift said:

I'm not saying that lol! i'm just saying what Jimmy is saying. I think he meant the "the artist perform in dubai for 750k in the middle of creating an album" as a general example but he said it right before mentioning the other stuff that hinted at Gaga :S 

The perfume line does not count though.

Sense8

I Dare U Gaga!

Release the album you were making during Super Ball  & ASIBorn Rehearsals and filming.

And then release the album that you are gonna make during the Joanne World Tour.

EnigmaMonSTAR

but Born This Way was also made when she was on the monster ball tour and that did amazing (I'm not saying that ARTPOP did'nt do well cause it actually did fine, it was just the freaking media that says that it didn't)

Sense8
2 hours ago, EnigmaMonSTAR said:

but Born This Way was also made when she was on the monster ball tour and that did amazing (I'm not saying that ARTPOP did'nt do well cause it actually did fine, it was just the freaking media that says that it didn't)

Absolutely! There was nothing bad about ARTPOP.

The media wanted to give Gaga´s a lesson. "We rule,you follow,and if you don´t........ you´ll fall".

If tomorrow the media will decide to proclaim ARTPOP an underrated masterpiece,the GP and the GPLittleMonsters,they will change their minds too.

enigmaa

All that fake love you showin'/Couldn't even disguise you. (?)

Jimmy+Iovine+HTC+Sensation+Launch+8JmsAW

Dr.-Dre-and-Lady-Gaga-and-Interscopes-Jimmy-Iovine-appears-at-In-Store-Appearance-at-Best-Buy-on-November-23-2009-in-Los-Angeles-California.jpg

Dr+Dre+Jimmy+Lovine+Heartbeats+Lady+Gaga+Headphones+69R51akzBwsl.jpg

strut it out, walk a mile💫

ProdigyARTPOP

It couldn't have been "Born This Way" because Born This Way made Interscope and UMG roughly 400 million dollars, so it was far from a flop, and ARTPOP hadn't even been properly conceptualized at the time, plus Interscope even came out and said that the 25 million dollar loss was a fabrication. & Gaga repeatedly stated that Iovine and Interscope were standing by her and the album.

Easy
4 hours ago, Jay.P said:

But MDNA was already finished and released when she performed there.

Maybe Rebel Heart? RH leaked and was finished really soon after that. Release date has been changed too. So it fits the "recorded in 2 weeks" part. She also launched MDNA Skin in Japan in 2014 so it's after the Dubai concert and might fit the "50 mil project". 

yASSsss

I don't think he's talking about Gaga . Aren't they good friends? :duck:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

Archived