rumor

Jimmy Iovine shades Gaga

dit

Featured Posts

dit
3 minutes ago, Irrelevant said:

He did in 2016 :laughga: In a club I think

Eminem, U2 and Gaga are actually their best selling artists actually :lana:

Do you think he had commitments of up to 50 million dollars at the time (as jimmy mentioned in the video)? Also Jimmy would not consider Robin to be an artist who has had massive success. He spoke about this artist as if he/she had multiple hit records. Not just one big song. 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Irrelevant
Just now, Albertodift said:

Do you think he had commitments of up to 50 million dollars at the time? Also Jimmy would not consider Robin to be an artist who has had massive success. He spoke about this artist as if he/she had multiple hit records. Not just one big song. 

No

Spoiler

I was just answering @Mer Boy's question :saladga:

광야로 걸어가 알아 네 home ground

Rat Boy
5 minutes ago, Irrelevant said:

He did in 2016 :laughga: In a club I think

Eminem, U2 and Gaga are actually their best selling artists actually :lana:

But I doubt it was a big gig. The figure Jimmy said was huge. Also, I don't think anyone thinks or thought that Robin was ever a huge super star and/or touring force. 

Edit: Just read the post above. 

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB

Arturo
9 minutes ago, F AM E said:

:selena: Yikes, I'd be careful. Pharrell is a legend. Sure he might not the most successful solo artist but his impact as a songwriter/producer is undeniable. He was behind a lot of hit records in the 2000s. I'd do a little more research before throwing comments like that around.

But yes, the laughing was rude.

I said 'he is as relevant' implying his current status in the record industry. I'm very well aware of his written and produced songs last decade (lol) 

Timbaland and Dr Luke were also very influential producers and impactful in the music industry. Would me questioning their current relevancy mean I'm completely disregarding what they achieved in the past?

RAMROD

No he wouldn't. Even Azealia Banks have fond memories and respect for him. Tweeting once before that Interscope is not the same without him. And we know AB is very candod about her opinion.

So I do not believe he was targeting Gaga.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

ZiggyZiggs
57 minutes ago, Bradley said:

That doesn't mean he hates Gaga :rip: he literally did nothing

That was not the point of my comment. Idk if Jimmy was even talking about Gaga. But it was about someone, and he was laughing at their failure and that's just not cool

South Blonde
Just now, Albertodift said:

Yes. He said that the artist was offered 750k to perform in Dubai while creating the album and the artist went and performed there in the middle of the albums creation. He sort of used the example as a way to explain how great albums can't be made with distractions. He said artists like Adele and Ed did not get distracted while making their recent albums and that it showed in the quality of the work. 

Nnn... I guess quality standards for a cover album are pretty low nowadays :selena:

Don't you think maybe they are the same thing? Love and attention?

SHALLOW
3 hours ago, Radio Pop said:

the promo was awful, the album was a mess, gaga was being used from her own team who abandoned her, and behind the scenes was a total mess ... he's not wrong

The ERA was a mess. Not ARTPOP itself.

gagzus

Well if he's on about ARTPOP I'm assuming he means the promo got messy AFTER Troy left her because up until mid DWUW era the era was perfectly fine and then she performed Dope and was depressed and vanished for like 3 months 💀 What do you expect when a friend betrays you for money 

dajoannemonster
3 hours ago, Radio Pop said:

the promo was awful, the album was a mess, gaga was being used from her own team who abandoned her, and behind the scenes was a total mess ... he's not wrong

ARTPOP is the best album of Gaga's discography...if it wasn't for the whole Troy mess and the hip injury it would have been much more successful and critically acclaimed...please deactivate i see you hating on ARTPOP on every thread 

life is beautiful

TeenIdle

Lol most artists record while on tour.. wtf is he talking about :neyde: Adele may have taken her time but she was gone for 1000 years. Not everyone can pull that off 

Slayer

The Fame Monster and Born This Way were also made on the road and they are considered solid albums by critics. So if Jimmy is talking about Gaga, I'm not sure I can accept the point he's trying to make.

It's not a big deal anyway. ARTPOP will always be considered a failure by critics and industry people. By any other pop girl's standards, it would have been considered a huge tour de force and full of bops. But because of the precedent Gaga set for herself, it WAS a step down and everybody knew it. But it doesn't matter now because it's ancient history.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Noah
2 hours ago, Albertodift said:

Yes. He said that the artist was offered 750k to perform in Dubai while creating the album and the artist went and performed there in the middle of the albums creation. He sort of used the example as a way to explain how great albums can't be made with distractions. He said artists like Adele and Ed did not get distracted while making their recent albums and that it showed in the quality of the work. 

http://gulfnews.com/life-style/music/madonna-wins-over-the-uae-in-debut-concert-1.1031447

Madonna. 

It could be about MDNA.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

monketsharona

Well guys you know there's difference between business and personal life... 

Jimmy may be a good Lady Gaga friend, but that doesn't mean he needs to agree on everything she does in terms of work, management and others...

You really should make difference between job and friendship...

Archived