question

Perfect Illusion, almost a year later

Giorno Giovanna

Featured Posts

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Blade

I still love the song, one of my faves from "Joanne". It's very energetic and rageful :firega: 

I wish the music-video was better though :laughga:

funkyhaus

I was so underwhelmed by it at first, then I liked it a lot more around the albums release, I rarely listen to it anymore but it's a good song :lolly:

LadyLuca

I love PI so much! Its my second fave song on Joanne ! (JW#1)

I know that Gaga´s next album will  be different from the others. which of course is good, but I hope she stays with her vocals and uses less auto tune. Joanne (album) is SO good!

NewUsername

Since when are 9-10 months a year :p

OP: I still find it amazing, and more so the memories of when it got announced. I've got a whole personal story about it :flutter::giveup: 

Glamourpuss

I am amazed by it too. It's become my favourite. The instrumental is stunning. You can tell its got Kevin Parker's stamp on it. He pays great attention to detail. 

The aesthetics of the video is pure perfection and matches the song so well. The desert at sunset is visually beautiful. 

To be honest when I first heard the song I did think it was lackluster. But, I got addicted to it like a drug. Every listen makes me feel something new. She brought it out at a time I was in a committed relationship and in the last year that relationship has fallen apart and this song has become my anthem as I have understood the meaning of it a lot more. It's angsty in a empowering way. Like she's letting the rage out that her relationship fell apart and in hindsight she realised she never was in love while also celebrating how freeing it is to finally know. It's a masterpiece and if it's one of those underappreciated songs then so be it. I think you have to truly understand it to enjoy it. It's not the typical shallow song that's made just for chart success. This song is perfect proof that Gaga is an artist. 

Sorry for rambling on. But I can picture it as a great encore at the concert with everybody jumping around screaming "it wasn't love!"

venusfly

I wish I got into this song :giveup: it was my #1 played on LastFM because I listened to it on repeat so many times trying to get myself to like it :air:

Panchecco
41 minutes ago, 2007 said:

Aged like milk, annoying on day 1 and X1000 more annoying a year after. 

nobody liked that year anyway 

2r709cl.jpg

teenagechrist

I'm still mad at this fanbase for creating unnecesary drama when she released this masterpiece. :selena:

feeling so hot tamale

Bellatrix

I love it! It's basically the only song I still listen to from Joanne :sis: 

crisTEAne

it's an energy and adrenaline bomb. it's full of rage and it's lit as fßnk. 

i can't wait to experience it live. she's gonna FÜNK UP the audience BIG TIME. :rockstar:

if you hurt taylor swift, i'll hurt you back

DiscoStyx

One of my all-time fav gaga songs

Should have had Poker Face's impact

cause of death: gaga singing along perfect illusion on BBC Radio 1

C1trus
17 hours ago, 2007 said:

I aged like milk, annoying on day 1 and X1000 more annoying a year after. 

Fixed :tongue:

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

Archived