💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
charts

ALL Charts Discussion: Gaga: Five Foot Two boosting Joanne and its songs

ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

Tellerphone
3 hours ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Yes but if you also look at that list most those people have top tens because of radio. Sales was a limited factor in getting a top ten single in the 80's and 90's when most of the artists got there top tens. Rihanna is the only one on that list that actively competed in the highly competitive digital sales market and now the even more competative streaming market along with sales. Most of the top tens from the other artists didn't even go platinum.

For example Madonna's Lucky Star went top 5 on Billboard but it didn't even sell enough copies to go Gold.

So is a Top 5 like Lucky Star really comparable to a Top 5 like Bad Romance or Disturbia. Nope.

A lot of Madonna's 80s hits are undercertified or werent certified at all even though they are eligible. For instance the Like A Virgin single is certified Gold even though it has sold close to 2 million units. And Lucky Star sold well over 500,000 physical units. 

And those were the days people actually had to go out and purchase them for $3.49  While Maxi singles sold for around $6.99. Which makes it even more impressive. There was no 69 Cent offers in those days.

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Baepsae
2 hours ago, Talent said:

Felices los 4 and Súbeme la Radio, the next big hits. 

giphy.gif

Felices los 4 is so cacthy :poot: The only problem with it is the way he says "Maluma baby". It's so cringy :selena: and when he says "No me importa un carajo..." my friend from Spain was like "Que a caZo no pudo encontrar otra palabra mazsh bonita". It was so funny :poot:

Talent
12 minutes ago, Baepsae said:

Felices los 4 is so cacthy :poot: The only problem with it is the way he says "Maluma baby". It's so cringy :selena: and when he says "No me importa un carajo..." my friend from Spain was like "Que a caZo no pudo encontrar otra palabra mazsh bonita". It was so funny :poot:

"¿Qué acaso no pudo encontrar otra palabra más bonita?". Girl, we're talking about reguetón. It's filthy and trashy. :poot:

🔵 - Banned because I quoted a stupid meme. Literally. So, yeah.

Talent

All these artists releasing songs one day before the tracking week. :poot:

Are-you-scared-GIF.gif

🔵 - Banned because I quoted a stupid meme. Literally. So, yeah.

Baepsae
2 minutes ago, Talent said:

"¿Qué acaso no pudo encontrar otra palabra más bonita?". Girl, we're talking about reguetón. It's filthy and trashy. :poot:

That's what we said :poot:

KaanBTW

57 Selena Gomez - Fetish (feat. Gucci Mane) 0.0929

Kinda meh but i hope it reaches number 1 on iTunes. So sick of Despacito

JusKeepBreathin
3 hours ago, Tellerphone said:

A lot of Madonna's 80s hits are undercertified or werent certified at all even though they are eligible. For instance the Like A Virgin single is certified Gold even though it has sold close to 2 million units. And Lucky Star sold well over 500,000 physical units. 

And those were the days people actually had to go out and purchase them for $3.49  While Maxi singles sold for around $6.99. Which makes it even more impressive. There was no 69 Cent offers in those days.

Yeah but those sales are for a 30 year span of sales and in the 80's all shopping was all done outdoors. i'm not even sure there was a HSN or QVC. You went to pick up a pack of underwear and you came home with underwear and an album or single. Also I'm not sure but about single prices. aI know that a full cassette album was about $7 to $8 full price (the promo price was less) for most of the 80's until the late 80's when they were increased to about $11 and then placed on promo for $7 to $8. also during the 80's and 90's the music clubs were popular where you could get single and albu,s for like $1 and a postage stamp. Most of 80's and 90's under certifications come from that because RIAA doesn't accept those as sales. 

http://articles.latimes.com/1990-06-23/entertainment/ca-284_1_cassette-prices

there was literally a Madonna album in the music services ad.

columbia-ads.jpg

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

KaanBTW

US

2 Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry 0.8286 0.7975 (DG)

12 Selena Gomez - Fetish (feat. Gucci Mane) 0.3326 0.0929

19 Selena Gomez - Bad Liar $0.2522 0.2408

33 Lana Del Rey - Summer Bummer (feat. A$AP Rocky & Playboi Carti) 0.1603

38 Lana Del Rey - Groupie Love (feat. A$AP Rocky) 0.1342

Tellerphone
1 hour ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Yeah but those sales are for a 30 year span of sales and in the 80's all shopping was all done outdoors. i'm not even sure there was a HSN or QVC. You went to pick up a pack of underwear and you came home with underwear and an album or single. Also I'm not sure but about single prices. aI know that a full cassette album was about $7 to $8 full price (the promo price was less) for most of the 80's until the late 80's when they were increased to about $11 and then placed on promo for $7 to $8. also during the 80's and 90's the music clubs were popular where you could get single and albu,s for like $1 and a postage stamp. Most of 80's and 90's under certifications come from that because RIAA doesn't accept those as sales. 

http://articles.latimes.com/1990-06-23/entertainment/ca-284_1_cassette-prices

there was literally a Madonna album in the music services ad.

columbia-ads.jpg

No those sales are not 30 years old. Those sales were reported years ago. And Back then a Gold Cert was 1 Million units and to qualify for a platinum cert was 2 million. It wasnt until the late 80's, I believe, that they were lowered to 500,000 for Gold and 1 million for platinum.

In any case fact is she has several singles from the 80's that are either undercertified or need a ccertification. Same goes for several of her albums like True Blue, Like A Prayer, You Can Dance, Ray Of Light and The Immacculate Collection that are all undercertified.

Same applies to JanetJackson.

My Mom still has a collection of vinyl records with the price still on some of them.

• PartySick locked this topic
  • Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived