ViviLittleM

Featured Posts

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeanWinchester
17 minutes ago, Joy Rose said:

Nope. They all count equally.

And that's just shitty I think. I really like Riri but you can't ''fake'' it like that. Like MJ or Madonna really had not that much features

this list let's Riri seem like smth equally big... the truth is she isn't.

You're kinda cofusing me. You agree at first and then not anymore. And the GP looking at these list will not know how to analyze why and how she got those stats so they would look impressive to the uninformed

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

SlayGagaloo
14 minutes ago, Joy Rose said:

and to specify @SlayGagaloo

Thanks to MR Gaga now has 10 top 5 as a solo single and Riri 11

I mean good for Riri :selena: But all these features written and produced in advance (on songs by whoever's relevant atm from Calvin to DJ Khaled, etc...)!! :emma:

Over.

nick4bty
2 minutes ago, alp0707 said:

Why she or her team doesnt say anything about Postponing divebar

Who the **** knows. Honestly Gaga is an entirely different person nowadays. It's like she could care less about fan interaction anymore.

Meanwhile this new update is awful :neyde:

JusKeepBreathin
5 hours ago, Joy Rose said:

NOT AT ALL

with 16 of those 31 top ten singles being a FEATURE:ladyhaha:

This is not really comparable to any of those artists on that list.

plus considering that she puts out EVERYTHING as a single no matter what position it peaks at the end..already feels like she put out a hundred singles

Yes but if you also look at that list most those people have top tens because of radio. Sales was a limited factor in getting a top ten single in the 80's and 90's when most of the artists got there top tens. Rihanna is the only one on that list that actively competed in the highly competitive digital sales market and now the even more competative streaming market along with sales. Most of the top tens from the other artists didn't even go platinum.

For example Madonna's Lucky Star went top 5 on Billboard but it didn't even sell enough copies to go Gold.

So is a Top 5 like Lucky Star really comparable to a Top 5 like Bad Romance or Disturbia. Nope.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

HiddenWeirdo
17 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Yes but if you also look at that list most those people have top tens because of radio. Sales was a limited factor in getting a top ten single in the 80's and early 90's when most of the artists got there top tens. Rihanna is the only one on that list that actively competed in the highly competitive digital sales market and now the even more competative streaming market along with sales. Most of the top tens from the other artists didn't even go platinum.

For example Madonna's Lucky Star went top 5 on Billboard but it didn't even sell enough copies to go Gold.

But the point is that 16 of those 31 are FEATURES. It's not fair to put them all on a list when it is not all her credit.

But those artists you're talking about had big album sales THANKS to their singles. I don't think that the market was less competitive at that time. Streaming nowadays helps nobodies like Zara Larsson or a Meghan Trainor gain great hits because they get their promo through radio AND spotify lists. It is MUCH easier for someone to at least have a "one-hit-wonder"

btw MJ, Janet, TLC etc... sold incredible singles and album numbers in the 80s/90s

JusKeepBreathin
18 minutes ago, Joy Rose said:

But the point is that 16 of those 31 are FEATURES. It's not fair to put them all on a list when it is not all her credit.

But those artists you're talking about had big album sales THANKS to their singles. I don't think that the market was less competitive at that time. Streaming nowadays helps nobodies like Zara Larsson or a Meghan Trainor gain great hits because they get their promo through radio AND spotify lists. It is MUCH easier for someone to at least have a "one-hit-wonder"

btw MJ, Janet, TLC etc... sold incredible singles and album numbers in the 80s/90s

I'm not discrediting all their singles. There are plenty that sold platinum and gold but a single that didn't even sell enough to make gold yet it was top 5 is weird. But then again PI sold 260k and went top 15 yet TC is at 330k and never got above 39, so who knows what's good and what's not. There have always been ways to manipulate the charts. 

Please someone tell me PI was bigger than TC so I can laugh in their face.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

Talent

Latin domination has begun, ladies. Get ready. :lana: The US is ALWAYS late to everything. 

In the post-"Despacito" landscape, all eyes have been on the horizon for the next Spanish-language smash. The strongest candidate at the moment is "Mi Gente" from J Balvin & Willy William (Universal Latin).

The reggaeton track, which is one of the Top 5 movers at Shazam this week, has shown astronomical growth at Spotify; it's already the #28 global song after just five days, a faster trajectory than "Despacito." Republic, which can read the writing on the wall in any language, will be working the track at U.S. English-language radio.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=307304

🔵 - Banned because I quoted a stupid meme. Literally. So, yeah.

nick4bty

That awkward moment when your 7 year old single charted at the same position as your current radio friendly single :poot:

JusKeepBreathin
1 hour ago, Talent said:

Latin domination has begun, ladies. Get ready. :lana: The US is ALWAYS late to everything. 

In the post-"Despacito" landscape, all eyes have been on the horizon for the next Spanish-language smash. The strongest candidate at the moment is "Mi Gente" from J Balvin & Willy William (Universal Latin).

The reggaeton track, which is one of the Top 5 movers at Shazam this week, has shown astronomical growth at Spotify; it's already the #28 global song after just five days, a faster trajectory than "Despacito." Republic, which can read the writing on the wall in any language, will be working the track at U.S. English-language radio.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=307304

Damn that song is really good. Felices Los Cuatro who? 

Talent
1 minute ago, JustLikeHoney said:

Damn that song is really good. Felices Los Cuatro who? 

Felices los 4 and Súbeme la Radio, the next big hits. 

giphy.gif

JusKeepBreathin
Just now, Talent said:

Felices los 4 and Súbeme la Radio, the next big hits. 

giphy.gif

They are already huge in their own right lol.

Talent
4 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

They are already huge in their own right lol.

But they will be mega smashes in the US.

tumblr_n146jiIIl51qg5o2oo10_250.gif

• PartySick locked this topic
  • Haroon unpinned this topic

Archived