💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

So, Joanne won b!tches...

fede ARTPOP

Featured Posts

Reality
6 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

There are a plethora of writing techniques than rhyming and that's what Gaga is most reliant on. If she got an award for songwriting she needs to live up to it and to me she needs to prioritize that because there are people who are paid less and yet release better music than she does. Gaga has an immense potential and I want her to achieve that someday. 

Rhyming =/= bad lyrics and poor storytelling. Rhyming is an effect way for people to understand and know the lyrics. If rhyming is the thing you're harping on, then there are still plenty of other songs of hers that don't rhyme and are still beautiful, lyrically speaking.

🃏🖤👹

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ariana Grindr
1 hour ago, fede ARTPOP said:

Trust me...Joanne meaning/impact on pop culture will sht all over Witnezz and Melotrama. 

tumblr_ofgubo5fkX1ufiit5o1_r1_500.gif

It already did haaaaa

popculture is her bitch and I AGREE :reductive:

KyliesChild
4 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away
But baby, I just need one, I love puree

:oprah:

she released one album since winning the award and you're already crucifying her, and Joanne isn't even that dumb as you insinuate it is :awkney:

I'm not saying that the album is full of dumb lyrics but her work needs to be improved tremendously in a plethora of ways and you basically ignored the fact that I said that there's more to songwriting than rhyming. 

18 minutes ago, fede ARTPOP said:

tenor.gif

I know, but I have 7 WPs, so I better get out of here :selena:

English isn’t my first language, so please excuse any mistakes

Fernster7

Sinner's Prayer alone is better than half of Melodrama when it comes to lyrics. 

And Million Reasons shits all over it if we are talking about the songs in my opinion. 

Melodrama is a great album but it's nothing extremely amazing or something and neither is Joanne so sit down. 

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

fede ARTPOP
2 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

That's not even a good comparison considering the fact that Gaga released albums called “ARTPOP" and “The Fame Monster". Don't even give me an explanation of what it means because I do have an understanding of it but you're judging something without knowing exactly why the album is named in that way and it lives up to what all of the songs are articulating unlike an album title with the word “ART" in it when it isn't anything special...or good as a matter of fact. 

The Fame Monster = is about the "bad side" of fame.

ARTPOP = mixing ART with Pop. Gaga workes with so many fine artist during ARTPOP era, ie. Jeff Koons.

Now, explain Pure Heroin and Melodrama.

cuca.gif

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

KyliesChild
1 minute ago, M Monstre said:

Rhyming =/= bad lyrics and poor storytelling. Rhyming is an effect way for people to understand and know the lyrics. If rhyming is the thing you're harping on, then there are still plenty of other songs of hers that don't rhyme and are still beautiful, lyrically speaking.

I'm not saying that rhyming is the issue at all, I mentioned that her wordplay isn't great and there's a lot more to songwriting than rhymes but that's what Gaga is most reliant on and in many parts Gaga rhymes for the sake of rhyming. And what songs are you referring to of Gaga's that don't rhyme? Bloody Mary? 

freebit
1 hour ago, Skai Jackson said:

Baby really hurt me
Crying in the taxi
He don't wanna know me
Says he made the big mistake of dancing in my storm
Says it was poison
So I guess I'll go home
Into the arms of the girl that I love
The only love I haven't screwed up
She's so hard to please
But she's a forest fire
I do my best to meet her demands
Play at romance, we slow dance
In the living room, but all that a stranger would see
Is one girl swaying alone
Stroking her cheek

is better than 

Young, wild, American
Lookin' to be somethin'
Out of school go-go'n for a hundred or two
Some asshole broke me in
Wrecked all my innocence
I'll just keep go-go'n
And this dance is on you

Tap down those boots while I beat around
Let's funk downtown
Tap down those boots while I beat around
Funk me downtown

and da do deet do da do do dee do? 

Lorde is fine, but honestly, I feel like there's something missing with her songs. "You said you like the beach, you're such a damn liar" for example is a terrible lyric IMO. No one is perfect. Overall, I feel like it comes down to preference, and Lorde and Gaga seem like they're trying to achieve different goals and have different styles overall. I also think it's unfair that you're comparing a sexy pop song about self pleasure with something that's meant to be more introspective. 

Ariana Grindr
1 minute ago, Skai Jackson said:

I'm not saying that the album is full of dumb lyrics but her work needs to be improved tremendously in a plethora of ways and you basically ignored the fact that I said that there's more to songwriting than rhyming. 

Hmmmmm???

are you aware she wrote a song called angel down ? Or what about come to mama? Or diamond heart? Gurl take 6 seats please:selena:

fede ARTPOP
4 minutes ago, ECORONA said:

It already did haaaaa

popculture is her bitch and I AGREE :reductive:

I know. 

nPGwZED.gif

🖤 C H R O M A T I C A 🖤

Ariana Grindr
2 minutes ago, Fernster7 said:

Sinner's Prayer alone is better than half of Melodrama when it comes to lyrics. 

And Million Reasons shits all over it if we are talking about the songs in my opinion. 

Melodrama is a great album but it's nothing extremely amazing or something and neither is Joanne so sit down. 

Gracias 😊 🙌🏽:reductive:

Fernster7
1 minute ago, ECORONA said:

Gracias 😊 🙌🏽:reductive:

Sirviendo el té aquí. :whitney:

We have two selves. One the world needs us to be, compliant, and the shadow. Ignore it and life is forever suffering.

NIghtmareElm

Gaga is my favorite artist ever but I have to admit that Melodrama kicks the **** out of Joanne.  There's a reason why Melodrama has a 90 metascare.  The positive word of mouth for Melodrama is strong.  It might have a weak debut but I could honestly see it gaining momentum not dropping.

KyliesChild
2 minutes ago, fede ARTPOP said:

The Fame Monster = is about the "bad side" of fame.

ARTPOP = mixing ART with Pop. Gaga workes with so many fine artist during ARTPOP era, ie. Jeff Koons.

Now, explain Pure Heroin and Melodrama.

cuca.gif

'Lorde' itself is her homemade feminisation of the noble noun, and the album title of 'Pure Heroine' literally describes a righteous female leader" 

Lorde speaks about such topics throughout the album, and critiques the sexist nature in her biggest hit “Royals" for example" and she just liked how it sounded. 

Melodrama is just about the perspectives of situations she talked about in the album and it isn't something that's difficult to understand or with an excessive amount of meanings like ARTPOP. 

Reality
3 minutes ago, Skai Jackson said:

I'm not saying that rhyming is the issue at all, I mentioned that her wordplay isn't great and there's a lot more to songwriting than rhymes but that's what Gaga is most reliant on and in many parts Gaga rhymes for the sake of rhyming. And what songs are you referring to of Gaga's that don't rhyme? Bloody Mary? 

Is Bloody Mary not good lyrically? Because I think it's a great example.

But she does much more than rhyming. She knows how to incorporate metaphors, artistic/pop culture references, and great hooks into her music.

I don't get what's so bad about rhyming, though. Yeah, she uses it a lot, but if it rhymes, then it rhymes. She still had to come up with the lyrics, the right words to say to convey a particular message, it's not like she went to a random rhyming machine generator and was like "OH! These two words rhyme! I guess I'll use them!"

🃏🖤👹

Archived