💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Katy giving away free album copy with every ticket purchase - thoughts?

Stef

What do you think of Katy bundling her album with your tickets?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one

• Very wise - a good marketing strategy. Get that boost!
    • Embarrassing - she knows she's gonna flop otherwise. She needs that inflated debut to make herself look good

Featured Posts

YeehawKylie
1 hour ago, Misaki said:

But the thing is Harry Styles in new as a solo artist, unlike Katy whos on her fourth album. This proves that Katy and or her label only care about the charts, and if she does flop she should take it in pride and she should not let it get in her way.

It's not really that different. It's a tactic that is becoming more popular and is complimentary toward fans. I only really invest money on tours by artists I truly enjoy, so I really appreciate that when I invest in tour tickets that I get the album rather than have to purchase it in addition (sadly, by the time I purchase tickets I usually have the album already). 

If she has a tour set-up already and is selling tickets prior to her album dropping, why not add it as a special for purchasing tickets? Most ticket purchases will be bought by people who are already fans of her music, so I really don't see it effecting much (aside from giving her more pure sales, but this may also affect her streaming). 

If Gaga was doing this, we'd all be happy (as we'd be getting a 2 for 1 deal, essentially) and defending the practice. It's a promotion and one that benefits her fans, I don't get what the issue is...

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived