đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
event

Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Lisbon - Winner is ISRAEL!

Bellatrix

Featured Posts

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bellatrix

On Tuesday the acts of Melodifestivalen 2018 (Melfest) will be presented! Lowkey hoping Loreen will get ha revenge :excited2: #Stockholm2019

Bellatrix

Also, if you need a reason to watch the UK selection Eurovision: You Decice here it is: 

Måns Zelmerlöw will host it :tony:

tumblr_o76w8jNfbI1t47eneo1_400.gif

So, the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2017 in Georgia - Tbilisi  just ended and we have a winner.

RUSSIA!!!

They won for the second time in the Junior Eurovision history. Polina Bogushevich sang the winning song 'Wings' and got 188 points (122 jury votes + 66 online/viewers vote) which gave her the #1 spot. 

If you ask me, she deserved it. Of course she sang her song again at the end:

The host country Georgia won the Jury Vote with 143 points. Grigol Kipshidze sang the song 'Voice of the Heart':

Spoiler

My little country The Netherlands won the Online/Viewers Vote with 112 points and ended #4 overall. The boys from Fource made me proud with their song 'Love Me'.

Spoiler

If you want to watch the full show again, bon appetite:

7 minutes ago, Dutch said:

So, the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in Georgia - Sibsili,  just ended and we have a winner.

It was so boring I thought I would die. Very bad show IMO

Russia was clearly the best, well deserved. What's with Georgia achieving 2nd place? And not that I wanna throw shade, @Dutch, but The Netherlands winning public vote? Too many horny teenage girls? :laughga: Nonetheless, congratulations!!

I really, really wish Germany is putting at least some effort into it this time :selena:

I want the golden years 2010 - 2012 back :selena:

4 minutes ago, Josip said:

It was so boring I thought I would die. Very bad show IMO

Russia was clearly the best, well deserved. What's with Georgia achieving 2nd place? And not that I wanna throw shade, @Dutch, but The Netherlands winning public vote? Too many horny teenage girls? :laughga: Nonetheless, congratulations!!

NNN, JESC went downhill when Belgium, Sweden, Croatia etc. (rightfully) left the show. I think they should concentrate to bring at least some North and West European countries back. The Uk, Scandinavia, Belgium, Germany, France and Spain would be very welcome. 

I don't know. Georgia had a great singer, but his song was boring (just like their song from last year that actually won).

Lmao, I know, I love the fact they did so great tho. :selena: 

JESC is huge in the Netherlands I guess. We probably are the biggest audience at JESC, % speaking. So since we could vote for our own country, we probably got so many votes. Imagine Russia could vote for themselves at Eurovision, same effect. :poot:

And lets not forget boybands are still a thing right now, especially in a sea full of screaming girls. So they won votes with that too. And they were one of the less with a uptempo pop song. :tony:

9 minutes ago, kvnrp said:

I really, really wish Germany is putting at least some effort into it this time :selena:

Wait, are you back? :gum:

Would love some good Germany bop tbh.

Just now, Dutch said:

Wait, are you back? :gum:

Would love some good Germany bop tbh.

I am back into this BISH

P9ExUKZ.gif

19 minutes ago, Dutch said:

NNN, JESC went downhill when Belgium, Sweden, Croatia etc. (rightfully) left the show. I think they should concentrate to bring at least some North and West European countries back. The Uk, Scandinavia, Belgium, Germany, France and Spain would be very welcome. 

I don't know. Georgia had a great singer, but his song was boring (just like their song from last year that actually won).

Lmao, I know, I love the fact they did so great tho. :selena: 

JESC is huge in the Netherlands I guess. We probably are the biggest audience at JESC, % speaking. So since we could vote for our own country, we probably got so many votes. Imagine Russia could vote for themselves at Eurovision, same effect. :poot:

And lets not forget boybands are still a thing right now, especially in a sea full of screaming girls. So they won votes with that too. And they were one of the less with a uptempo pop song. :tony:

I totally agree! I find it to be nonsensical these days when there are like 15 countries and 9 are from ex Soviet Union :chica: 

Either kill it or make it great again!

Ah, so you gave yourselves 4th placing. Nice job! Though, jokes aside, I actually didn't see any problem with voting for your own country. Results were fine. However, it's cringey and it makes absolutely no sense. They should remove it before the next contest.

Also, Belarus was my number 2. Too bad they didn't place a bit higher

39 minutes ago, kvnrp said:

Bring daddy Roman back  :lolly: :bon:

Just now, Josip said:

I totally agree! I find it to be nonsensical these days when there are like 15 countries and 9 are from ex Soviet Union :chica: 

Either kill it or make it great again!

Ah, so you gave yourselves 4th placing. Nice job! Though, jokes aside, I actually didn't see any problem with voting for your own country. Results were fine. However, it's cringey and it makes absolutely no sense. They should remove it before the next contest.

Also, Belarus was my number 2. Too bad they didn't place a bit higher

Exactly, it started with so many beautiful and strong countries, but it just flopped after some years. Croatia won the first contest ever and Spain won the contest with one of the most iconic songs ever, but yet they both decided to leave. I think EBU needs to talk with the big 5 (minus Italy of course). If Portugal can Join Us (:bon:), so can the other countries.

Nnn, in all honesty, yes we kinda did. But can you really blame us? We are the only west-European country besides Ireland. :poot:

I think they results are better now. Last year the results didn't make sense at all... It was a mess. I think they should cut the jury and just make it free televote or online voting without being able to vote for your own country. Give the voice to the children, and not the jury. We shouldn't take this so serious, since it's a children contest, is supposed to be fun.

11 minutes ago, Dutch said:

Exactly, it started with so many beautiful and strong countries, but it just flopped after some years. Croatia won the first contest ever and Spain won the contest with one of the most iconic songs ever, but yet they both decided to leave. I think EBU needs to talk with the big 5 (minus Italy of course). If Portugal can Join Us (:bon:), so can the other countries.

Nnn, in all honesty, yes we kinda did. But can you really blame us? We are the only west-European country besides Ireland. :poot:

I think they results are better now. Last year the results didn't make sense at all... It was a mess. I think they should cut the jury and just make it free televote or online voting without being able to vote for your own country. Give the voice to the children, and not the jury. We shouldn't take this so serious, since it's a children contest, is supposed to be fun.

Well, they obviously have no clear vision, or rather no vision when it comes to JESC. With all these changing rules, it's quite confusing, and not really inviting for other countries. I do agree that we should give power to the people, juries suck big time (this also goes for big ESC). 

I am happy for you, and every other Western country's good placing. :hug:

Glittertinks
7 hours ago, kvnrp said:

Well, that's a case for our ESC "taskforce" :emma: 

Bellatrix

Here's the winner of Melodifestivalen 2018: Mariette!

MarietteHanssonMyRevolutionWiwibloggs.jp

She participated in 2015 and 2017. Now she will make another shot with the song "For You"

Third time's a charm :tony:

• Bellatrix changed the title to Eurovision Song Contest 2018 in Lisbon - Winner is ISRAEL!
  • Haroon pinned this topic
  • Haroon unpinned and locked this topic

Archived