new video

Katy Perry - Bon Appétit ft. Migos

MaryJaneHolland

Featured Posts

The Child
3 minutes ago, IAmDavid said:

I was actually raped on a grindr date 6 months ago

Omg I'm really saddened by this :udidnt:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
pdaines

Accidentally start watching it at .75* speed and you'd swear it's about to go American Psycho every 10 seconds... 

Fiona Apple
Just now, CrazyMonster said:

Omg I'm really saddened by this :udidnt:

Yeah it was a really messy experience but I am in a good place now :D 

Nirvana

I don't think the message that she wanted to give in the video comes across well enough ("Make no mistake I'm not a piece of meat" as she said in the twitter link), the ending should have been indeed longer for it to be more clear. And some scenes were too much imo.

But the long blonde hair suits her.

The Child
Just now, IAmDavid said:

Yeah it was a really messy experience but I am in a good place now  

Omg I also almost got raped on a Grindr date and I don't know how but I achieved to run. If you ever want to talk about it, you can DM me anytime.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

pdaines
30 minutes ago, River said:

The moment when they ripped off the woman's clothes and blindfolded her, put her in a chair and she was hopeless, defenseless, her freedom was taken from her..

It brought bad memories, I'm human being.

And some people here behaved with lack of respect to me, really disgusting, I just feel bad now, that's it.

It just seems like defending Katy Perry or any other celebrity is above every bad thing that happens to someone who is just a regular person..

I'm sorry about your bad memories... 

People tear into Katy Perry here all the time, probably because we are all still bitter about Roar v. Applause. I don't know why you think that she is placed on a pedestal in this forum. 

Manul
1 hour ago, IAmDavid said:

oh shut up. this is not laughing at rape victims.Stop being overly dramatic and unreasonable.

:air::applause:

it wasn't laaaahv

Fiona Apple
1 minute ago, CrazyMonster said:

Omg I also almost got raped on a Grindr date and I don't know how but I achieved to run. If you ever want to talk about it, you can DM me anytime.

I am never using that **** again ::emma: Thank you btw ,I will send you if I ever feel bad about it 

Queen Gloria

I'm actually feeling this song and I don't usually like Katy..

The Child
Just now, PennyroyalTea said:

I don't think the message that she wanted to give in the video comes across well enough ("Make no mistake I'm not a piece of meat" as she said in the twitter link), the ending should have been indeed longer for it to be more clear. And some scenes were too much imo.

But the long blonde hair suits her.

That's exactly the same problem she had with CTTR.

Her wanting to spread a social message comes from a good intention but she always fails at completely delivering it. She's always halfway through it.

ItsTommyBitch

So... if I'm getting this straight, she's supposed to be objectified, but then "turn the tables" by becoming the consumer in the end by killing and eating them? And her means of expressing this during the act is to randomly dance on a pole while a rapper throws money at her?

And this is supposed to be empowerment? sexual liberation? :gum: 

I'm all here for social messages, but if this is supposed to be one, Katy once again needs to learn to commit, do her research first, and surround herself with people that know what the hell they are doing. I'm not an expert on anything, but literally there are dozens and dozens of ways for this video and song to have been turned into some semblance of a message for sexual liberation and empowerment for women, and even I can think of numerous ways to better this, it wouldn't have been that hard :shrug: It's a half-assed attempt, just like CTTR. 

I'm all for sexual liberation of women, empowerment over objectification, but I'm also not a liberal, choice feminist. I don't believe that simply because Katy or any woman decides that doing X is empowering makes it so. It might be individually liberating, and empowering in that sense, but social context still matters. One upper class, rich white woman waking up and telling the world she's done being objectified... by the means of being objectified is not an isolated event. It doesn't happen in a vacuum. This does nothing for those without the support, resources, information, and knowledge to achieve that same level of liberty. People like Katy are free to do this and all the power to them to choose to do so, but I don't think its fair to pass it off as achieving anything significant in regards to sending a message about objectification and sexual liberation. In fact, you can still make the case about "choice" even in this situation. Was this video even Katy's idea? Did she pen the song with this intention? Was she important in the editing, camera work of the video? Does she plan to speak about the song/video to elaborate on its message? Other than a few words in a tweet? (because its vague, just like CTTR) Can she do that? How is she going to actually make the message of this song/video known? :shrug: Is this just a bunch of rich white men at her label trying to capitalize on the growing "wokeness" of women and young people in the country? (her audience) Etc.

Feel free to disagree, I'll be here all day :poot:

(But don't come for me with that "but its just a music video! Real women are being X'd all over the world! Focus on that!" bs, because I'm not taking the time to explain the impact pop culture has on the world or why its important :smh: ) 

私自身もこの世の中も誰もかれもが, どんなに華やかな人生でも, どんなに悲惨な人生でも, いつかは変貌し, 破壊され、消滅してしまう. すべてがもともとこの世に存在しない一瞬の幻想なのだから

Roman

Such a great video, but that Migos part is tragic as they're themselves. Surely it was Katy's label which forced this collab. Too bad.

mdr

Archived