news

Lady Gaga will film a pop music concert at the R. Theater in LA on May 10

Brie Candy

Featured Posts

MaybeKermit
30 minutes ago, RudzXinc said:

Is this movie just consist of a bunch of stage performances? :oprah:

literally thinking about the same lol :madge:

I'm sure they also film scenes somewhere else and we just hear about the concert scenes. (remember TMZ shot them while they were filming at a gas station)

So I'm sure it will be a mix, because yeah it's a musical after all, no? :lolly:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rawrimamonster
3 hours ago, iCpro said:

POP??

inb4 ASIB is a Taylor Swift biopic :lolly:

Here's my guess for the movie's music style- I don't think a Taylor Swift comparison will be far off. The basic ASIB story has always been about a rising star that is in a relationship with another star that discovers them but whose career crashes as theirs continues to rise.

I think how this will translate is Bradley will be a country singer who was maybe a one-hit wonder a decade ago but now is exiting the limelight even if he has a solid enough fan base to draw people to his concerts (think Billy Ray Cyrus). He hears Gaga's character singing (who at this point is also country like early TS) and signs her to a record label, they fall in love, etc. Gaga begins to shift from country to pop as she goes more mainstream and essentially hits the Taylor Swift Red/1989 era. Then at the end there will be some kind of country-ish ballad in the finale for the tearjerker/get dat EGOT moment for Gaga.

So there will be country, then pop, then country-pop. But that's purely just me guessing.

tomdsgn
5 hours ago, Brainiac said:

oh wow so it looks like the soundtrack is going to have a variety of different genres. this is gonna be so awesome!

Assume her success in country will be followed by a pop crossover a la Taylor Swift

Vodka
2 minutes ago, rawrimamonster said:

Here's my guess for the movie's music style- I don't think a Taylor Swift comparison will be far off. The basic ASIB story has always been about a rising star that is in a relationship with another star that discovers them but whose career crashes as theirs continues to rise.

I think how this will translate is Bradley will be a country singer who was maybe a one-hit wonder a decade ago but now is exiting the limelight even if he has a solid enough fan base to draw people to his concerts (think Billy Ray Cyrus). He hears Gaga's character singing (who at this point is also country like early TS) and signs her to a record label, they fall in love, etc. Gaga begins to shift from country to pop as she goes more mainstream and essentially hits the Taylor Swift Red/1989 era. Then at the end there will be some kind of country-ish ballad in the finale for the tearjerker/get dat EGOT moment for Gaga.

So there will be country, then pop, then country-pop. But that's purely just me guessing.

Ya read the imdb page didn't cha? 

I think so too. :gaycat:

Yes, I also do love partying in moving houses as seen in that one Bacardi tv ad.

tomdsgn
58 minutes ago, Funkymonkey said:

literally thinking about the same lol :madge:

I'm sure they also film scenes somewhere else and we just hear about the concert scenes. (remember TMZ shot them while they were filming at a gas station)

So I'm sure it will be a mix, because yeah it's a musical after all, no? :lolly:

It's not a musical is it :cryga:

monketsharona
5 hours ago, Edonis said:

All the flops melting down about ASIB being just country can find an exit now :poot:

yeah the country part is mostly for Bradly who is playing a country star. Gaga will probably play a pop star

asana15

Battles-36.jpg

The venue is small. I think, they will be filming her humble beginnings in there.

Another interesting fact: this venue is operated by the same production company that owns the Knitting Factory in NYC. Stefani has come full circle.

nattuggla

Imagine Gaga using the "grammy-worthy" song from RedOne for the movie! :classy:

LadyLuca

Whaaat POP!?(again)

I hope it will be country rock (with pop core) like John wayne AWH! One of her best songs!

But as long as theres my Gaga vibe it will slay.:classy:

If her character goes Pop it would be really a "new" version which isnt just a remake. It would have her signature. Thats acutally better IMO. Just redoing everything like it was back than is boring. Good to know they bring their own style into it! CAN NOT WAAIIIIIIT awh :firega:

just another gay

9AM.... but anyone has an idea how long will it take? lol

asana15
1 minute ago, come to papa said:

9AM.... but anyone has an idea how long will it take? lol

There's another band playing there at 8pm. So, they should wrap up before that.

Harry

Y'all taking this too literally. Pop probably just equalling "popular" ie it's technical definition ie not classical or jazz. She's not going to be singing country rock then suddenly break into a sequinned leotard. 

sarahb

If I had the opportunity to be in a room with just 500 people to see Lady Gaga perform live, all for less than $10, I couldn't give a damn what genre she was singing :nails:

GagaMyBlood95

Why can't I live in LA, seriously why :giveup: 

Lord Ryry

I wonder if this is the part of the film where Ally gets larger, maybe runs away from country and becomes a huge pop star, and the downfall of coopers characters career 

Archived