💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Should Gaga recreate the insane BTW Promo? CAN SHE?

Green Detox

Featured Posts

boyerased
4 minutes ago, Bradley said:

Are you influenced by the post above you? :rip: Do you guys realise how important promotion is? Do you really think the GP has seen every Born This Way, Judas, The Edge of Glory, You and I, Marry the Night performance done in every country, at every award show out there?

There's no such thing as overexposure. :rip: Not everyone is on GGD.

Those are the short term effects. The promos are effective but then they will take a toll on you. In the case of Gaga it was her health and that after BTW or during its trailing end people got tired of her, because she was everywhere. 

Honey overexposure exists, every publicist will tell you that. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Bradley
5 minutes ago, Kimihiro said:

Those are the short term effects. The promos are effective but then they will take a toll on you. In the case of Gaga it was her health and that after BTW or during its trailing end people got tired of her, because she was everywhere. 

Honey overexposure exists, every publicist will tell you that. 

Health concerns are the only concerns that should be considered here. In terms of sales and career impact, there's no such thing as too much promotion. No one hated 25 because it was overpromoted, well maybe a few pop fans but the GP barely has any knowledge of the many performances which an artist has done throughout an album cycle.

boyerased
Just now, Bradley said:

Health concerns are the only concerns that should be considered here. In terms of sales and career impact, there's no such thing as too much promotion. No one hated 25 because it was overpromoted, well maybe a few pop fans but the GP barely has any knowledge of the many performances which an artist has done throughout an album cycle.

For Adele's case subsequent singles of 25 didn't make an impact. Taylor is hiding right now because of fear of overexposure, she even said it in the Kanye tape. Look, overexposure doesn't necessarily affect the perception of an artist's work but more of the artist himself. It doesn't affect the current project but the succeeding ones. 

Pray4FameGa
17 minutes ago, Taka said:

No, she said it was caused by the rape she went through.

I've also heard her say the BTW era destroyed her a bit, and she was overworked and being "driven to the bank" etc.

She got depressed, tired, and broke her hip because she wasn't taking care of herself physically or mentally and putting her fans and her management first.

Course, when she inevitably broke down her management disowned her.

But she has us :hug:

Twitter

BTW promo was a bit overwhelming. Plus that'll would be a bad move since the GP is starting to like her again.

v7z80p.jpg

A boost in promo, GP friendly music, bops for fans, and a good collab will benefit her. Hopefully she planned this for LG6. 

Bradley
Just now, Kimihiro said:

For Adele's case subsequent singles of 25 didn't make an impact. Taylor is hiding right now because of fear of overexposure, she even said it in the Kanye tape. Look, overexposure doesn't necessarily affect the perception of an artist's work but more of the artist himself. It doesn't affect the current project but the succeeding ones. 

Isn't Taylor just busy making new music?

Well 25 won 4 or 6 Grammys, I don't remember. I'm saying there's still a relatively large amount of people out there who don't listen to music regularly so if Gaga is interested in flying across the globe to promote an album, she should and should be allowed to. Born This Way was nominated for three Grammys including Album of the Year. It produced four hits that hit top 10 on Hot 100, Marry the Night was certified Gold as well.

Well if you claim that succeeding projects would be affected, keep in mind that ARTPOP only came out in August 2013 with Applause commencing the era, she went on tour for the whole of 2012 and didn't really make any TV appearance. If she hasn't visited your country for the Born This Way Ball, there are no concerns for overexposure.

Red

The Born This Way overexposure is part of the reason why she started to "flop" :poot: 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Kanyeee West
1 minute ago, Pray4FameGa said:

I've also heard her say the BTW era destroyed her a bit, and she was overworked and being "driven to the bank" etc.

She got depressed, tired, and broke her hip because she wasn't taking care of herself physically or mentally and putting her fans and her management first.

Course, when she inevitably broke down her management disowned her.

But she has us :hug:

Her health is the firs priority , ofcorse she has us.:hug:

DelusionalGaga

Have you considered that maybe she does not want to be the biggest star in the world? Or maybe that she's content with the way things are going for her right now... 

Fiona Apple
52 minutes ago, Aries Zoloft said:

Overexposure kills longevity sweetie :awkney:

I believe that's a myth.

Hennywise
2 minutes ago, IAmDavid said:

I believe that's a myth.

"I don't believe in overexposure"

HeartTrip

As someone who wasn't a gaga fan during the the BTW era, I can say she wasn't overexposed and there wasn't "too much promo". I don't recall ever seeing that many of her performances during that time. And the posters that were put up were only in major cities. So most people never even saw those lmao 

The Z
45 minutes ago, BornSimon said:

Could she? Yes. Will she? No.

I wish she would though, because she has literally forgotten all about Europe bar the UK (one radio interview in France and a party in Germany really don't count) and it shows, she has basically turned into a touring act. If she visited Spain or Italy on a promotional trip it would turn into a huge event but she hasn't done that kind of thing since 2011.

But if it is for her sanity then I understand.

In France she also did 2 TV interviews on the biggest channel at the best hour (in front of 10M ppl) :)

Head Empty
42 minutes ago, Taka said:

No, she said it was caused by the rape she went through.

No :duck:, she literally said that the sexual abuse was only part of it, and that one of the main reasons was the physical and emotional strain, stress, and mental trauma that she went through when her career was at its peak.

Fiona Apple
9 minutes ago, Aries Zoloft said:

"I don't believe in overexposure"

You seem ignorant. I can name many artists that were "overexposed" for years and it did not harm them. 

Archived