Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Do you think Gaga's friends/family follow her career?

Katie14

Featured Posts

Katie14

I had a really random thought. I wonder if any of Gaga's family or friends follow her career like we do (watch/listen to interviews, stay up late to watch livestreams, read Gagadaily, ect). I doubt they do. Gaga's interviews and performances probably aren't as interesting to people who know her personally. But I wonder if she has like a 17 year old cousin who lives in VA and doesn't see her that often, is a budding gay boy and loves Gaga as a fan. (Actually does Gaga even have any aunts/uncles/cousins?)

The concept of family/friends of famous people and how they act in relation to the famous person in general is really interesting to me, and not just with Gaga. I am just really curious about what that experience is like. 

shame

I wonder that sometimes too. I remember reading that Madonna's daughter Lourdes goes to the same university her mother used to go to. In pap shots, she looks like a typical college kid. I try to imagine what life is like at school where everyone basically knows your mother is freaking MADONNA. :duck:

angels forever, forever angels

Nicole

For something really big like Grammys, Oscars etc I'm sure they all watch. Smaller radio interviews or TV appearances I doubt they go out of their way to watch them lol. Non-immediate relatives is interesting to think about though, I don't think she's ever mentioned cousins/non-immediate relatives at all. 

Katie14
Just now, TheShameMonster said:

I wonder that sometimes too. I remember reading that Madonna's daughter Lourdes goes to the same university her mother used to go to. In pap shots, she looks like a typical college kid. I try to imagine what life is like at school where everyone basically knows your mother is freaking MADONNA. :duck:

Right? And the same with Gaga's sister. She was 16 when Gaga got famous and Im sure everyone in her high school and college knew who her sister was. Could you imagine going to freshman orientation with her sister or being assigned as her roommate? its such a weird thing to think about.  

Katie14
3 minutes ago, Nicole said:

For something really big like Grammys, Oscars etc I'm sure they all watch. Smaller radio interviews or TV appearances I doubt they go out of their way to watch them lol. Non-immediate relatives is interesting to think about though, I don't think she's ever mentioned cousins/non-immediate relatives at all. 

Yea I dont think either of her parents have siblings. 

Nicole
2 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

Yea I dont think either of her parents have siblings. 

I think her mum has a sister? If I recall correctly she posted on Instagram about her the night she performed TIHTY at the Oscars

Katie14
1 minute ago, Nicole said:

I think her mum has a sister? If I recall correctly she posted on Instagram about her the night she performed TIHTY at the Oscars

Maybe you are right. She for sure said her Grandma 1st heard about her being a survivor from that performance but i dont remember anything else. 

shame
8 minutes ago, Katie14 said:

Right? And the same with Gaga's sister. She was 16 when Gaga got famous and Im sure everyone in her high school and college knew who her sister was. Could you imagine going to freshman orientation with her sister or being assigned as her roommate? its such a weird thing to think about.  

I know right? Me being a fan, I'd probably bombard Natali with a crap ton of questions and try to be her bestie.

angels forever, forever angels

I'm sure her friends and family heard of her "flopping" during the ARTPOP era because it was everywhere on the news to the point that even ppl who did not care about pop culture knew she underperformed big time. But apart from that idk if they care too much about statistics. I'm sure they care about her awards and stuff though since it's a big deal.

But then again if I had a famous relative or friend I'd probably obsessively watch their interviews and follow their career for some reason. So maybe they do? hmm good question. :gum:

Nicole
Just now, Katie14 said:

Maybe you are right. She for sure said her Grandma 1st heard about her being a survivor from that performance but i dont remember anything else. 

Just searched for the Insta post - it talked about both her Grandmother and her Aunt Sheri. 

Katie14
11 minutes ago, TheShameMonster said:

I know right? Me being a fan, I'd probably bombard Natali with a crap ton of questions and try to be her bestie.

Id probably be really intimidated by her :toofunny: But honestly its probably one of those situations where it would be really strange and exciting at first and then you would realize Natalie is a "normal person" and you would get used to it and forget who her sister is. 

Katie14
7 minutes ago, Albertodift said:

I'm sure her friends and family heard of her "flopping" during the ARTPOP era because it was everywhere on the news to the point that even ppl who did not care about pop culture knew she underperformed big time. But apart from that idk if they care too much about statistics. I'm sure they care about her awards and stuff though since it's a big deal.

But then again if I had a famous relative or friend I'd probably obsessively watch their interviews and follow their career for some reason. So maybe they do? hmm good question:gum:

I have a feeling that if you know someone before they get famous they never feel famous or special to you. You always see them as the regular person they used to be and that fascination (that people have with famous people) never gets a chance to develop. 

Archived