Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

The Ungratefulness of This Fanbase

exoskeleton35

Featured Posts

RebelHeart311
5 hours ago, GypsyBabe said:

I joined this board after Joanne (but have been a fan since the beginning), and I was kind of surprised at how mean people can be towards her. I don't like everything she does either, and I think that it is important to be critical of art/music in general. Open conversation is so important. That being said, I think that the cruelness can be over the top a bit. I feel kind of sad to think that Gaga may read some of the comments on here. She's a person, not a trinket to be pulled out and played with. She's going through her journey and changing like everyone does and we as a fan base should be supportive and understanding of that. To be clear, blindly supporting an artist is not being a true fan either. Gaga's fan base is very intelligent and opinionated with her music, which can both a negative and positive thing. People seem to always second guess everything she does and want to be her manager. I'm kind of rambling, but I guess what I am trying to say is that I belong to message boards, and this is by far the harshest towards its artist.                                       But also all of you are really smart, and witty so I will probably never leave now. :stalkga:

I second this. 

Art is a beautiful thing and leaves every individual feeling something different. An artist pours their heart and soul into their artwork. So it is important to remember when you want to critique or criticize something, you are essentially providing feedback on the artists heart and soul itself. The thing that separates Gaga from other "pop" stars is that she is an artist. This isn't some game to her and she takes her work very seriously. This is art and an expression of her heart and soul. Any of us having continual criticism of our own selves would find it hurtful and draining. 

Instead of finding the bad in things, maybe try pointing out the good?

So you didn't like the Coachella wardrobe...fine...but what did you like...maybe the fact she did Venus? Then promote that. If your goal is to provide Gaga feedback, I guarantee the positive feedback of what you did like is more likely received over what you didn't. 

The golden rule really does work wonders. If you wouldn't like people telling you how your work wasn't good enough, you weren't doing your job right, etc...then don't do it to someone else because it would weigh on you too. 

Goddess of Love please take me to your leader!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Letmelivemylife
4 hours ago, exoskeleton35 said:

This. A few years ago the negativity got so bad, that she told Emma one of the moderators at the time, that she doesn't even read the site anymore. How ****ed up as fans do people have to be to make the artist they're supposed to love and support feel unwelcome... ON HER OWN ****ING FANSITE. I genuinely wouldn't be surprised if she hated her fans... I wouldn't blame her. A few bad apples have to ruin everything. Gaga is a real ****ing person. Stefani Germanotta. She's only human, and I sure as **** hope she doesn't read some of the ridiculous criticism and dragging that people on here give her. 

It's the extreme negativity that makes me so sad. There's a huge difference between saying "I don't like this and here are the reasons why" and just being a vicious asshole. 

I love you monsters. I'd be unfixably broken without you

NotGeigh

Bruh forget them :grr::nails: 

Joanne isn't everyone's cup of tea but neither is the great gift that is ARTPOP and we all know the truth about that being one of her best albums :ph34r::trollga:

lol my point is posts like these might not really change the way ppl express their opinion so just don't give them atten:sleep:tion 

FrankMonster

When people non-monsters or non-pop fans ask me why I like EVERYTHING Gaga does, well I don't even know how to answer. I support her on all she does (positive and healthy of course, wouldn't support her habit if she started smoking all day everyday again). Music wise, I love all of her albums, they are so different. You have no idea how much I Enjoy Cheek to Cheek, even when I first listened to Anything Goes it felt awkward. 

A reason why I love Gaga is because she introduces me to new music and art. I now really enjoy jazz, I follow traditional pop and jazz playlist and enjoy them. With Joanne I have warmed up to country music and because she likes so much metal I Stan hard Iron Maiden now. So much that I even joined a Maiden-Stan for a concert last year. Just let that sink in, a Gaga Fan and a Maiden fan lol. He really loves ARTPOP because of me, his favorite is Aura. Likes a lot DWUW, GUY, Venus and Swine. 

Also, he listens to Cheek to cheek because of me and when   Joanne came out, he texted me to tell me he enjoyed it a lot and that his faves were PI and John Wayne. 

What I'm trying to say is that I end up liking her music and she introduces me to new genres I wouldn't ever listen if it wasn't for her 

RebelHeart311
18 minutes ago, Francisco Pineda Amaya said:

When people non-monsters or non-pop fans ask me why I like EVERYTHING Gaga does, well I don't even know how to answer. I support her on all she does (positive and healthy of course, wouldn't support her habit if she started smoking all day everyday again). Music wise, I love all of her albums, they are so different. You have no idea how much I Enjoy Cheek to Cheek, even when I first listened to Anything Goes it felt awkward. 

A reason why I love Gaga is because she introduces me to new music and art. I now really enjoy jazz, I follow traditional pop and jazz playlist and enjoy them. With Joanne I have warmed up to country music and because she likes so much metal I Stan hard Iron Maiden now. So much that I even joined a Maiden-Stan for a concert last year. Just let that sink in, a Gaga Fan and a Maiden fan lol. He really loves ARTPOP because of me, his favorite is Aura. Likes a lot DWUW, GUY, Venus and Swine. 

Also, he listens to Cheek to cheek because of me and when   Joanne came out, he texted me to tell me he enjoyed it a lot and that his faves were PI and John Wayne. 

What I'm trying to say is that I end up liking her music and she introduces me to new genres I wouldn't ever listen if it wasn't for her 

Same! And she has gotten me into art and fashion! I take the time now to try to get the artists meaning and perspective. I try to leave my own mind and jump into theirs through their work. 

Goddess of Love please take me to your leader!

FrankMonster
31 minutes ago, RebelHeart311 said:

Same! And she has gotten me into art and fashion! I take the time now to try to get the artists meaning and perspective. I try to leave my own mind and jump into theirs through their work. 

IKR! Like I neeeeed to find a meaning to everything after Gaga. Even if it sounds like a carefree song I want to find something there. Also, I'm not big on fashion but Gaga taught me a lot and now I respect it and try to figure out how it came to be, what trend it represents and so on. Without Gaga I would have never cared for art in any of its manifestations 

Jonathan Florencio
13 hours ago, RonnieGagz said:

I don't really see this much here. In the Brazilian Gaga fansites the number of fans complaining by nothing is so much higher. And the pop fan base fights are beyond ridiculous.

That's why I joined this site , its more mature than a lot of other ones and we can actually discuss things without all that drama.

EDIT: People will always be unsatisfied with something. I'm not saying its cool to bash Gaga, but at this point she should already have learned to just don't care about it and follow her own mind.

Off topic: Where are you from?

GagzDonkeyD
9 hours ago, CautiousLurker said:

You know what's even worse? People thoughtlessly  praising everything someone does going OMG, 10/10, BEST THING EVER, and if you have a different opinion, they start screeching HOW DARE YOU NOT LIKE IT!!! HOW DARE YOU CALL YOURSELF A FAN!!! YOU'RE THE WORST PERSON IN THE WORLD, DIE DIE DIE!!!

Why are you up in arms about what other people think? Go listen to your f***ing Cure, by all means - you're acting as if people are trying to stop you from doing that... You do realise that someone not liking it is not gonna erase it from existence?  

And you're calling out other people from being hypocrites? Take your own advice and get the f*** over it.

:saladga: nobody is praising everything she does why is so hard for y'all to understand 

And you should get f*** over it cuz it's people like you make threads after threads complainimg whining about how you don't like what she did how she sold out how she's flopping how she's hypocrite 

Sometimes you need to keep y'all opinions to yourselves and if you have an opinion you should be ready that someone don't agree with you 

Bring all those unnecessary negativity to other people is just insecure asf 

If you don't like something she did why would y'all be obsessed with it and make tons of threads abt how you don't like it? get the f*** over it have a life of your own and stop constantly complainimg and having meltdowns and try to act more positively. Unless you're just born a miserable human being and love nothing but bring your own misery upon other people 

Spanish Eyes

This thread is kinda messy, but I agree with the sentiment. 

Lady Gaga is an inherently good person. I'd hate for her to see what ungrateful gays on the internet have to say when she doesn't sell as well as they think she should.

Lady Palutena

I love Gaga as a person; I have enjoyed most of her discography, fashion, and ideas thus far and her chart performance has and never will mean anything to me.

Just because it's charting, doesn't mean it's good. 

CouyILq.jpg

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

AlexanderMagno
13 hours ago, Givenchy said:

But aren't you pretending to know her behind close doors? Calling someone lazy isn't an attack, it's a description and it's often based on something they present or show, and it doesn't really require someone to know you in depth to know that. A student who doesn't do his/her homework or presents it in a badly made way is considered lazy based on the fact that the work you saw was lacking.

There's a big difference between laid-back or non-avant garde and something that is made from left overs from Perfect Illusion, Apple Commercial and some staged backstage scenes. A huge difference.

Leads to John Wayne? so without that video, John Wayne would've been meaningless? It's just here sitting with her guitar that showed on JW for a few seconds. I wouldn't call that "leading into" nor a "clear vision".

Each person sees something in a certain work. We don't have to see the same stuff or agree and it doesn't have to make one of us wrong. We can express that, but it doesn't make us haters. Sometimes artists presents works that feel half-baked or lazy or whatever you wanna call them, some people may still like them and it's fine, others won't and it's also fine.

Have you considered that these people may actually be genuinely not into what she's doing or not as moved by her work as before? or does it have to be "hatred", "abuse", "bullying", "dragging", "being ignorant", "having bad taste", "paid to hate her"..etc.?

14 hours ago, Givenchy said:

So calling her lazy and losing her passion is considered dragging now? I mean what if it's true? did you look at Million Reasons video? is that considered a video from someone who's passionate about their work, original and have a clear vision of what they're doing? 

Yes, we all have different opinions. But it isn't shameful to state the obvious. If it's insulting to the artists, then maybe the artist should feel insulted by presenting a work that can get such feedback from the closest of fans, I guess.

14 hours ago, Givenchy said:

Define "drag" and "talk trash", because sometimes a small negative comment here is considered "THE SHADE!" or "DRAG HA!". But if it's legitimately insulting and shaming words like "she's so damn stupid for releasing that piece of trash of an album." then I wouldn't think a fan would say that. But "The album was terrible and I just can't get into it" is fine.

I was writing a similar responde yesterday, but I see someone else did it. I'm just quoting it. This, basically. ( @AphroditeLaydee , I was going to keep answering you but what @Givenchy said was everything I was writing :) )

I still think Gagadaily should shut down for a while. For real.

God Control
8 hours ago, Nafen said:

I don't assume anything about Gaga, I don't pretend to know her. I give her the benefit of a doubt a lot however because she's human and I'm optimisitc. If you ever catch me making a broad assumption, call me out.

I throw out ideas like "maybe this, maybe that" but I'm uncertain and don't pretend to know what she is thinking.

I'm not replying to you anymore after this because you seem to just put words in my mouth...  

I mean you asked if MR had a vision, I think yes becuse it leads into JW, then you come back at me with "so without the MR video, John Wayne would have been meaningless?" - when did I say that at all? You are terrible person to debate with...

Of course fans can genuinely criticize Gaga what I am concerned about are these one liner, personal attacks on her, just because she does something some fans don't agree with. That's not critism, it's being a whiny child.

Is that so unreasonable? 

I didn't put words in your mouth, I only responded to what you said. Feel free not to respond. You invaded my conversation to begin with.

Don't go back to "personal attacks", because calling someone lazy is not an attack, it's an evaluation of what they present, and I again, I don't need to know someone personally to know that the work they've done feels half-assed or lazy or that it lacks vision..etc. Lady Gaga, as an artist, should and probably does have a thick skin, knowing that she'd get comments like these and they're not bullying or attacks, they're just someone being honest about what they saw. It's part of presenting any product to the crowd.

Being a whiny child is expecting everyone else to think and feel like you.

Vergil

Toxic queen of making threads complaining about toxic people.

FRANK1991
19 hours ago, vocalqueef said:

It's 2017, Gaga figures her fans are old enough to have their own lives so she can live hers. I guess she's wrong.... Those people need to expand their taste in music 

large.gif

lol GGD is full of 12~17 year old teens these days, so no wonder they whine about everything 

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

Archived