Moebius
30 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Katy Perry and the Grammys.

260px-Yin_yang.svg.png

TEA :tea: 

SHADE :air: 

QUEEN

giphy.gif

The Most Popular Girls in School megarate is cancelled!

ReidOne

Here for it all, sis! You can also extend this theory to the setlist itself... Serving basic Coachella-friendly bops (most of her hits, MR cheesy remix, The Cure) played alongside deep cuts that are fan-only favorites (Scheibe, Venus, Sexxx Dreams, Teeth, etc). Yin and ****ing yang. But they overlap, don't they? 

RonnieGagz

I want to be your friend in real life so badly :diane:

I would never be depressed anymore :diane:

♡Gaga♡TØP♡Nightwish♡Lana♡Lorde♡Grimes♡

Cerny

Good read, never thought about the yin and yang, though I just noticed that there's some Lovecraft inspired imagery going on there in that intro.

PartySick
53 minutes ago, F AM E said:

Shook this isn't a troll thread :stalkga:

OT: Great analysis! I interpreted the tentacle scene as the monster within her. Could mean she's consuming it or battling it. Idk haven't thought too much into it

First she faced the Fame Monster at the Monster Ball. Then she became the Fame Monster at the artRAVE. Now, she's eating the Fame Monster :rockstar:

OT: I am actually speechless :rip: That was such a good read omg :giveup:

R u 🌈? 🤨📷

donutellha

This is iconic i love the contrast she built

Walk down the runway but don't puke, it's okay. You just had 10 donuts today. Without frosting.

PunkTheFunk
50 minutes ago, Cerny said:

Good read, never thought about the yin and yang, though I just noticed that there's some Lovecraft inspired imagery going on there in that intro.

It's very Lovecraftian!

2-lovecraft-occultist.jpg

PunkTheFunk
1 hour ago, RonnieGagz said:

I want to be your friend in real life so badly :diane:

I would never be depressed anymore :diane:

:diane:

I'm so quiet and boring in real life though, I would hate to disappoint you

tumblr_olr3gb1hLz1u6n38po1_250.gif

Sister

:flutter: Your BEST post ever. :applause::applause:

I agree, you've made the connection.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

anomdepllume

This is a really awesome awesome analysis! I totally agree that these visuals were giving me Fame Monster vibes, especially as opposed to the stuff we've seen throughout the admittedly lighter Joanne era. To me, it kinda reminds me of when she first got cast in AHS and we were all like "DARKGA IS BACK". Maybe that's finally coming to fruition.

PunkTheFunk
4 minutes ago, anomdepllume said:

To me, it kinda reminds me of when she first got cast in AHS and we were all like "DARKGA IS BACK". Maybe that's finally coming to fruition.

It better tbh. I need VISUALS :grr:

hotel.gif

Miel

I really love this lmao.

Duality has been such a consistent theme of hers, and it's kind of cool to see the "darker" side of that motif come back with the intro. tbh the intro visual is probably one of her best, and definitely some of her best since at least BTW.

I wonder how this will tie in to the Joanne World Tour, if it does. She's done lighthearted, campy, soft, and rooted (Dive Bar Tour, Joanne visuals)- but she's also done "acid country", neon, and exaggerated (John Wayne video, Coachella backdrops). I wonder if the tour is gonna be a visual amalgamation.

3 points in and ready for more

Archived