new music

Harry Styles - Sign Of The Times

junolxf

Featured Posts

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dominic

Really wanted to like it but it's a little...dull.

I knew it was going to be a slower tempo but yeah the song feels like it drags on. Can't really imagine singing it. 

Maybe his album will be more my taste.

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Not particularly in love with this song but I appreciate the talent, the rawness, the fact that he doesn't try to be trendy for the sake of it, and Styles actually wrote a couple of songs for other artists that are excellent so he's a real one in my book, thank God he escaped 1D, finally. 

Pray4FameGa

Not gonna lie I expected more.

I knew he'd be going for a more classic rock vibe saying his influences are Stevie Nicks etc. but this song just doesn't have much going for it.

It sounds like he went for a more authentic sound but still remained generic enough to keep his old fans and be adored as a teen idol.

As a power ballad it's not very powerful, and I feel it goes nowhere. He built up his debut so much but its not really as edgy as he thinks it is. :toofunny:

Will see how much it is loved once this initial hype dies down.

Pray4FameGa

5th listen: It grows but the restraint of the guitars annoys me, there's some well written parts that are barely audible. Too much rock for his fans i suppose :classy:

Chromatislaps
6 hours ago, MonsterOfficial said:

reminds me of Bowie's Life on Mars? and I LOVE IT

it does... I can also hear some Lana in this song

Pharamon

it sounds very Bowie/Lorde

Its a great song nonetheless - im actually shook... was expecting something generic like ZAYN's pillowtalk

SPARTACUS

This is the sound I want Gaga to give us.  That BeatlesEltonish vibe.  Like Speechless. :flutter:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

SPARTACUS

Although, is he telling us to "stop bitching about the current state of the world and just accept it?"

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

youandi

Right, having listened to it again a few times, I'm not quite as wowed as I was at first but it's still a really good song! I just find it a little 'overcooked' at times like the choir/backing vocal part near the end sounds unnecessary and other little moments but I still think it's great. 

Also, the people saying it's not original or experimental at all?  It's completely experimental as its nothing like what he was doing with One Direction. And yes, there's definitely a bit of Bowie influence but nowhere near as much as being made out? Someone on here said it was like coming his work? Not at all

DeleteMyAccount

I'm very excited for the album now. He truly has an amazing voice!

youandi
18 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Although, is he telling us to "stop bitching about the current state of the world and just accept it?"

I don't think so? I got that at first but I think it's more like escape the problems, be it world or in a relationship, rather than cry about them? But I dunno haha 

Archived