• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mllekatrin

• Eulonzo

• JudasInTheDark

• Chucky

Blackout and In The Zone are among her best albums for me as well, but I prefer Circus over Femme Fatale any time of the day, especially singles-wise. Womanizer, Circus, and even If You Seek Amy sound more entertaining for me than most singles of FF, with the sole exception of I Wanna Go.

HausOfHarlow

Blackout and In The Zone are among her best albums for me as well, but I prefer Circus over Femme Fatale any time of the day, especially singles-wise. Womanizer, Circus, and even If You Seek Amy sound more entertaining for me than most singles of FF, with the sole exception of I Wanna Go.

Femme Fatale's singles were kinda ****. Till the World Ends is really the only one I care for. IMO, Criminal was the worst single choice. It had a good video though. If it were my choices, I would have chosen these songs as singles..

1. Till the World Ends

2. (Drop Dead) Beautiful

3. Trouble For Me

4. Inside Out

5. Up n' Down

Femme Fatale's singles were kinda ****. Till the World Ends is really the only one I care for. IMO, Criminal was the worst single choice. It had a good video though. If it were my choices, I would have chosen these songs as singles..

1. Till the World Ends

2. (Drop Dead) Beautiful

3. Trouble For Me

4. Inside Out

5. Up n' Down

Agreed. Inside Out should have been a single. It's my favourite non-single from FF, and my second overall behind I Wanna Go.

misanthrope

What makes Womanizer, If You Seek Amy, and Circus better than Till the World Ends and Hold It Against Me though? Like Circus is so dull lol

What makes Womanizer, If You Seek Amy, and Circus better than Till the World Ends and Hold It Against Me though? Like Circus is so dull lol

Circus has this Britney signature vibe for some reason - which is mainly talking about herself as a celebrity, as Britney Spears, as the center of attention, similar to Piece Of Me. And those type of records from her are the ones that I honestly like. After being literally bombarded by the media for years, the records such as Circus and Piece Of Me successfully come off as her playful responses, which for me sounds more honest and entertaining than hearing a song like HIAM or TTWE from her.

Same goes with If You Seek Amy. I love its playfulness. It's the same reason why I love 3 as a single too. I think that's what HIAM and TTWE lack for me, the element of being wilful in its context. As for Womanizer, the reason perhaps I highly regard that single due to the fact that it's her comeback single, her first single to hit #1 after almost a decade. A huge milestone for her loudly saying to the world that she's here to stay.

misanthrope

Circus has this Britney signature vibe for some reason - which is mainly talking about herself as a celebrity, as Britney Spears, as the center of attention, similar to Piece Of Me. And those type of records from her are the ones that I honestly like. After being literally bombarded by the media for years, the records such as Circus and Piece Of Me successfully come off as her playful responses, which for me sounds more honest and entertaining than hearing a song like HIAM or TTWE from her.

Same goes with If You Seek Amy. I love its playfulness. It's the same reason why I love 3 as a single too. I think that's what HIAM and TTWE lack for me, the element of being wilful in its context. As for Womanizer, the reason perhaps I highly regard that single due to the fact that it's her comeback single, her first single to hit #1 after almost a decade. A huge milestone for her loudly saying to the world that she's here to stay.

When Womanizer came out she had a number one hit only 4 years before with Toxic lol I feel like every album shes come out with after her downfall has been labeled as a comeback album even though they're all culturally relevant and impactful lol Like the only thing I can say about the Circus-era vs. the Blackout-era is that she looked better.

To me HIAM and TTWE are Britney-bubblegum brought into 2011. Its a return to form in current day. Circus just sounds like....I don't even know lol Like a neutered Blackout meets a washed out Original Doll or something lol

Like I dont hate Circus. Im making it sound like I do. But im a member of Exhale and I see SO many Britney fans making Circus out to be one of her best albums and making Femme Fatale out to be one of her worst and I just think its so...random lol Obviously its all subjective but its something I could never wrap my head around. It just seems like when Circus came out they were all so happy to have her not look like a hot mess they didn't care that the album was boring lol then Femme Fatale came and they all thought she was like a sell out for incorporating dubstep or something idk

Edited by misanthrope

JudasInTheDark

Hold it against me is the best song on FF tbh. :trootea:

And the best video. :nails:

Agreed.

I Wanna Go is my top favourite single from FF. I'm not that of a fan of HIAM or TTWE as much as I'm of IWG, or even Criminal. And that's both single-wise and video-wise.