21 minutes ago, DeanWinchester said:

You better do something Gaga

She should show the world her DIC :stalkga:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DeanWinchester
Just now, Fame IV said:

an artist with talent and integrity like Gaga won't depend on this kind of strategies to become a legend

lmao good luck with Gaga and her path to legend status if she fails to adapt to the times. Her case being especially ironic since she is supposed to be a chameleon and the first artist to use social media to further her career. Gaga may still be a legend if she performs exceptionally well in touring (i.e., consistent $250m+ gross) or acclaim and accolades (backed by actual awards) but performing poorly commercially will set her back several years

Flyin' like a 1000 Doves

Fame IV
3 minutes ago, Gaga Monster said:

Well the GP hated it, it got the lowest call out scores for the week and dropped like a rock on iTunes & Radio. Guitars, rock, and repetition of It Wasn't Love over and over will never be successful. And the screaming did not help

But it's a damn good song :) I'm sad some people prefer One Dance or Shape of you, but that kind of songs won't stay relevant in 10 years, nor the singers.

A Star is Born ⭐

Creyk
2 minutes ago, Batwings said:

MTE. If streaming is the future, then we're in for a lot more mediocre crap. 

We are in for it inevitably because Hip hop / urban music is what is popular nowadays, not pop. Expect lots of crappy songs to top the charts in the next months unless Katy/Selena/Ariana/Miley/Avril comes and saves us :rip:

JupiterDrive

The times we celebrated Gaga being in the top 70 are done now we face worse 

Phoenix

Ofc streaming is killing the music industry.

Because right now, when sales are dying, artists mostly released stuff with these quick little singles, and albums are not what they were.

Making a soft **** music video can give you streams and make your song go higher on chart, so ofc plenty of "artists" are taking advantage of that. 

I don't recall back in the day, when we still used CD's and shiz, that it was counted for the charts how many times someone played a certain song, in their home, on their CD player. It just counted as one album sale. 

fHfNBPY5NsY48.gif

💎

JusKeepBreathin

I can't tell how many arguments I've had on the charts thread...about how important streaming is. People are just stupid if they think pure sales means anything anymore. No one in the industry cares; it's all about units now. The only people that care about pure sales are forum stans. :trollga:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

junolxf
2 minutes ago, JustLikeHoney said:

I can't tell how many arguments I've had on the charts thread...about how important streaming is. People are just stupid if they think pure sales means anything anymore. No one in the industry cares; it's all about units now. The only people that care about pure sales are forum stans. :trollga:

And Adele. :trollga:

"Seems to be trendy lately to talk sh*t about 'Lady Gaga' when your albums/singles drop." - Leviticus 20:27

Cerny

Gaga hates being famous and successful, according to some people here, so I think she's doing great.

Spotify is hard to avoid and it will only get harder, it's convenient and free and it's becoming the new radio. Artists better adapt to the times or they can fade into irrelevance with their egos.

Also people saying Drake is not going to be relevant in the coming years, his first album was released in 2008 and he's still kicking, he knows how to balance his albums with "basic" and interesting content, this also applies to the majority of artists labeled as streaming forces.

JusKeepBreathin
Just now, junolxf said:

And Adele. :trollga:

Even Adele's manger has said that streaming is the future of music.:trollga:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." -Martin Luther King Jr.

junolxf
Just now, JustLikeHoney said:

Even Adele's manger has said that streaming is the future of music.:trollga:

I know it is, sis. Beyonce's singles were seriously hurt by her absence from Spotify, for example. But she doesn't care. 

"Seems to be trendy lately to talk sh*t about 'Lady Gaga' when your albums/singles drop." - Leviticus 20:27

Drin Lon

DWUW would have been her streaming hit but yeah, Gaga's luck kind of sucks when it comes to singles

KURUSHITOVSKA

This is awful, people just dont know anymore the feeling it is to unseal a new CD or vinyl and play it on your high quality setup. Do they care about music, or just commercial audio? 

¿Qué currículum tiene ésta tarántula?

Drin Lon

Lol at you saying Gaga doesn't wanna get a hit, #delulu

She may not want to make a song just to get a hit, but she does want her songs to become hits, or at least be successful, I mean....

Archived