💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Record Labels Trying To Keep Artists From 6-9 Years Ago Alive? No New Stars

Economy

Featured Posts

Kanyeee West

World is changing so fast and big changes has started to shape up and one of these changes are the thing that OP has pointed that, I know I'm talking stuff that is not related to to OP but what i can feel is that world is changing and things are really hard to predict them even in music industry.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kvnrp

But who are the new stars?

I honestly see no one reaching the same stardom as the Beyoncés, Gagas or Brunos on this planet.

Yes, some make good music but something is missing about them.

The Child

Because they all have been boring so far.

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Born To Slay
9 minutes ago, Noah said:

I am actually (looking back) a bit underwhelmed by what she did after the Release of Into You. S2S took much of promo and a video that was beneath her. Everyday flopped and is a horrible Single choice.

S2S only got was performed on tv 3 times within its release as a single. That's not that much promo. And the video is a fan favorite.

Economy
Just now, kvnrp said:

But who are the new starts?

I honestly see no one reaching the same stardom as the Beyoncés, Gagas or Brunos on this planet.

Yes, some make good music but something is missing about them.

Bruno tbh only got more interesting to me later. His first couple hit singles were ok first few listens but as an artist he bored the crap outta me

hes more exiting now tho as an artist and performer

The Child
Just now, Born To Slay said:

S2S only got was performed on tv 3 times within its release as a single. That's not that much promo. And the video is a fan favorite.

S2S slays! The video slays! Everything about it slay! (Except the horrendous VMA performance)

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

The Child
Just now, Economy said:

Bruno tbh only got more interesting to me later. His first couple hit singles were ok first few listens but as an artist he bored the crap outta me

hes more exiting now tho as an artist and performer

I totally think the opposite, as time went by he only got more boring, his peak was Uptown Funk for me, 24K Magic (the single) as much as I loved it was an Uptown Funk 2.0

Economy
5 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

I totally think the opposite, as time went by he only got more boring, his peak was Uptown Funk for me, 24K Magic (the single) as much as I loved it was an Uptown Funk 2.0

Im not saying hes at his peak now tho

uptown funk is still the later time i was talking about.

His first successful era with grenade, the way you are and even lazy song (i liked that one) is the era that bored me most

then he started dancing good and lively and making better music

Treasure was the first single that really caught my attention

The Child
1 minute ago, Economy said:

Im not saying hes at his peak now tho

uptown funk is still the later time i was talking about.

His first successful era with grenade, the way you are and even lazy song (i liked that one) is the era that bored me most

then her started dancing good and lively and making better music

Treasure was the first single that really caught my attention

I loved Grenade and everything that came after, for me he's still visually boring, he's not appealing nor exciting.

But since he's a male, he can still have hit songs on the charts.

PerfectIllusion

New artists on the radio are all the same i dont even know their names:sharon:

Economy
4 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

I loved Grenade and everything that came after, for me he's still visually boring, he's not appealing nor exciting.

But since he's a male, he can still have hit songs on the charts.

Its not like boring women have never had hits :rip: 

The Child
Just now, Economy said:

Its not like boring women have never had hits  

I can count tons of male pop artists who got "okay" songs as hits whereas not many female artists can get away with mediocrity.

Economy
2 minutes ago, CrazyMonster said:

I can count tons of male pop artists who got "okay" songs as hits whereas not many female artists can get away with mediocrity.

Perhaps. Theres tones of double standards

But theres double standards against male artists too. If they try to be as expressive as female artists they would be "uncool" or "gay" and would flop :rip: 

migamiga

I was just thinking about this the other day and it is pretty interesting. I think it has a lot to do with the saturation of the industry. People use to be told what kind of music to listen to via MTV/vh1, radio, award shows, etc. Now people have the power to choose who and how they listen to music through streaming and just sharing through social media. It's great cause now there are so many artists that can find a niche audience and vice versa

bitchimtrying
33 minutes ago, Economy said:

Heres a list of the huge number of relevant artists that came out in the last decade that have maintained popularity. Years based off first top 10 hit or first year of media buzz:

Rihanna: 13 Years 

Taylor Swift: 10 years

Katy Perry: 9 years

Lady Gaga: 9 years

Justin Bieber: 8 years

Drake: 7 years

Bruno Mars: 7 years

Adele: 6 years

Selena Gomes: 5 years (10 years counting acting career)

New artists from last 5 years have failed to stay relevant as we discussed in a thread last week and without building solid fan bases the big money maker (touring) is weak and record labels suffer

Its weird that such a high number of artists from the time span above remained relevant and still the most recognized names today. Are labels trying to keep them alive because they cant create new stars that last?

The Weeknd seems to be the only newer artist that appears to be remaining in solid footing and to a smaller degree Ariana Grande

It because the music scene changed. it's no longer a career game. It costs way too much money for the record labels to invest in a career. It's cheaper to just pair them with a producer or someone like The Chainsmokers or and get one hit songs, rake in a crap ton of money, and then never bother with them again. Music, as with many other things, has become disposable. Because a disposable product earns them more money then investing in someones career. Even if you look at some of the people on this list, the budget for their most recent work has plummeted. I mean drake's music video for Hotline Bling cost like $100 and there wasn't even a video for one dance. People in the music industry have no interest in spending money in order to make money, they would rather just starve the artists of funds.

Archived